Fear

"It occured to me earlier that the things that bother me don't actually exist except on tv and the internet. All the rest of the time I have no awareness of their existence or occuring because they're not happening here" One of the most self centered and inane statements I have ever read. Having awareness and taking the time to find out about problems that effects the society around you is key to ending the problems that plague society.

Actually, that's not what he said.

"...taking the time to find out..."

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he said that if he does not know "it" happened, its the same as it not happening.

Essentially, that's true.
Nope

I know films and videos exist depicting what goes on in a slaughterhouse. But I don't seek them out because I enjoy meat even knowing there's horror at work enabling that enjoyment. So why would I willingly submit my attention to soemthing that does me no good knowing about it, but not some other things?

It has long been known that this very fact is how people are able to eat meat. I've seen slaughterhouses. If people had to do it themselves, they would be vegetarian in a flash.

This is why people tell themselves that their dog or cat feels love, fear, physical pain but their dinner does not.

Same is true of how we view other people. If we can make them worth less than, say, a television set, we don't have a problem killing them.

In our communities, we call other human beings "spics", "kikes", the N word and so on. During wartime, we call other human beings "the yellow hoard" or "gooks".

I disagree that it doesn't do "you" good to know the truth. Moreover, turning away from the truth makes "you" less human. Its what has made it possible for us torture animals, starve children, kill innocent people.

"It occured to me earlier that the things that bother me don't actually exist except on tv and the internet. All the rest of the time I have no awareness of their existence or occuring because they're not happening here" One of the most self centered and inane statements I have ever read. Having awareness and taking the time to find out about problems that effects the society around you is key to ending the problems that plague society.

ScratchHead.gif

How do you get "self-centered" out of that?

Btw try using that "+quote" button, lower right, instead of cutting and pasting. Not only is it a lot less work, it makes your posts readable.
I post just fine.

I see he is self centered as he is a mere user in society rather than a consumer in society.

ScratchHead.gif

Btw try using that "+quote" button, lower right, instead of cutting and pasting. Not only is it a lot less work, it makes your posts readable.
I post just fine.

I see he is self centered as he is a mere user in society rather than a consumer in society.

"Consumer" as in --- consuming what?
Buying the hair-on-fire media blitz?

I don't buy it either.

"Fear is the mind-killer." - "Dune"

Sitting outside of late enjoying a spate of uper 70s, low 80s days including this one I'm about to go out and enjoy, I've encountered a lot of bees. We have big black scary-looking carpenter bees here. Especially around my unit because I know what they are and consequently don't go after them with a fly-swatter like a neighbor does. :) I know they don't have stingers, and while big and loud buzzing near you, ultimately harmless. Plus as I've learned they're not interested in me, but in defending their holes and females therein. They're just hovering near the hole fighting off marauding males.

With yet another media story making the rounds after a shooting in Texas, I'm struck thinking of bees. If I didn't know the Texas shooting happened, didn't read the threads here about it, it wouldn't upset me. For all intents and purposes, it wouldn't have happened since only what we know of exists - to us. Things we don't know about vastly outnumber the things we do and consequently we only know about a tiny fraction of things.

It occured to me earlier that the things that bother me don't actually exist except on tv and the internet. All the rest of the time I have no awareness of their existence or occuring because they're not happening here. So I'm basicly choosing to allow things that don't exist for me to upset me by letting them come into existence through the tv or interent. Which reminded me of a saying, "there are no victims, only eager volunteers."

If you're afraid of something, try forgetting about it and don't repeat whatever act led you to knowing about it again. If something on the news upset you, don't watch the news. If a thread upset you, don't read those sorts of threads. The solution to this comes from within, not from without. Islam isn't the problem, we are.

Delta, look at who you are quoting. Dune? Dune is a character out of the satanic film - Star Wars. There was no other film steeped in more witchcraft than Star Wars for its time, Delta! The Force is Satan! You need to have nothing to do with the works of darkness, occult films, witchcraft, satanism. When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside. With the devil. Have nothing to do with it.

]"Fear is the mind-killer." - "Dune"

Sitting outside of late enjoying a spate of uper 70s, low 80s days including this one I'm about to go out and enjoy, I've encountered a lot of bees. We have big black scary-looking carpenter bees here. Especially around my unit because I know what they are and consequently don't go after them with a fly-swatter like a neighbor does. :) I know they don't have stingers, and while big and loud buzzing near you, ultimately harmless. Plus as I've learned they're not interested in me, but in defending their holes and females therein. They're just hovering near the hole fighting off marauding males.

With yet another media story making the rounds after a shooting in Texas, I'm struck thinking of bees. If I didn't know the Texas shooting happened, didn't read the threads here about it, it wouldn't upset me. For all intents and purposes, it wouldn't have happened since only what we know of exists - to us. Things we don't know about vastly outnumber the things we do and consequently we only know about a tiny fraction of things.

It occured to me earlier that the things that bother me don't actually exist except on tv and the internet. All the rest of the time I have no awareness of their existence or occuring because they're not happening here. So I'm basicly choosing to allow things that don't exist for me to upset me by letting them come into existence through the tv or interent. Which reminded me of a saying, "there are no victims, only eager volunteers."

If you're afraid of something, try forgetting about it and don't repeat whatever act led you to knowing about it again. If something on the news upset you, don't watch the news. If a thread upset you, don't read those sorts of threads. The solution to this comes from within, not from without. Islam isn't the problem, we are.

Delta, look at who you are quoting. Dune? Dune is a character out of the satanic film - Star Wars. There was no other film steeped in more witchcraft than Star Wars for its time, Delta! The Force is Satan! You need to have nothing to do with the works of darkness, occult films, witchcraft, satanism. When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside. With the devil. Have nothing to do with it.

Dune is not part of Star Wars. Its a separate work. Both are fictional, as is "satan".

Jeri, your posts prove the quote.

Last edited:

ScratchHead.gif

I post just fine.

I don't buy it either.
Consumer of what society has to offer such as: goods, services, laws, social programs etc. To just take and never give back or attempt to is what the OP is suggesting.

When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside.

Weren't you just recently claiming to be afraid that Obama was developing a plan to take over Texas with the jade Helm 15 military training exercises? Many conservatives, who claim to be Christian were expressing fear over it, too.......must be a different kind of fear, eh?

A retired Marine, the county judge has taken part in similar operations and knows the drill — literally.

"I know what's going on with this," Calhoun said Thursday. "You don't have anything to be afraid of in our military."

The two-month simulation, slated to begin in July in states throughout the Southwest, has nonetheless spooked some Texans, leaving local officials scrambling to assuage constituent anxieties about an operation even the military characterizes as unusual in its "size and scope."

Abbott s Letter Elevates Concerns About Jade Helm 15 A Military Training Exercise KERA News

ScratchHead.gif

I post just fine.

I don't buy it either.
Consumer of what society has to offer such as: goods, services, laws, social programs etc. To just take and never give back or attempt to is what the OP is suggesting.

Not at all. It's about hyperinformation and the question of whether it serves any useful purpose. That has nothing in the world to do with "goods, services, laws or social programs". Strange leap.

ScratchHead.gif

I post just fine.

I don't buy it either.

Not at all. It's about hyperinformation and the question of whether it serves any useful purpose. That has nothing in the world to do with "goods, services, laws or social programs". Strange leap.

The strange leap is you attempting to contort my reasoning to fit your self serving pigeon hole.

It is really very simple, a person should get off their ass, pay attention to what is going on around them, get educated on the issues and be part of the solution.

When you open the door to Satan? You are opening the door to fear. That is where fear and torment reside.

Weren't you just recently claiming to be afraid that Obama was developing a plan to take over Texas with the jade Helm 15 military training exercises? Many conservatives, who claim to be Christian were expressing fear over it, too.......must be a different kind of fear, eh?

A retired Marine, the county judge has taken part in similar operations and knows the drill — literally.

"I know what's going on with this," Calhoun said Thursday. "You don't have anything to be afraid of in our military."

The two-month simulation, slated to begin in July in states throughout the Southwest, has nonetheless spooked some Texans, leaving local officials scrambling to assuage constituent anxieties about an operation even the military characterizes as unusual in its "size and scope."

Abbott s Letter Elevates Concerns About Jade Helm 15 A Military Training Exercise KERA News

No, you have me confused with someone else. I never said I was afraid of Obama taking over Texas with Jade Helm 15, Mertex.

ScratchHead.gif

I post just fine.

I don't buy it either.

The strange leap is you attempting to contort my reasoning to fit your self serving pigeon hole.

It is really very simple, a person should get off their ass, pay attention to what is going on around them, get educated on the issues and be part of the solution.

Hey, you're the one who brought up "goods, services, laws, social programs", as well as "self-centered" --- NONE of which exist or are even suggested in the OP.

I post just fine.

I don't buy it either.

Hey, you're the one who brought up "goods, services, laws, social programs", as well as "self-centered" --- NONE of which exist or are even suggested in the OP.
yip I did....I was reasoning to the OP.

I don't buy it either.

What the hell is "reasoning to"?

Sorry, each of your posts makes less and less sense. There's nothing in the OP about any sort of materialism. It's about perception. Where you're getting these myriad irrelevant red herrings I have no idea.

Fear the LORD, Delta. And you won't have to fear anything else.
That you seek to propagate your errant faith through fear rather than reason is sad and telling.

Delta is not a fav poster of mine....but his OP is spot on. I got what he was saying. Haven't read the rest of the thread either. Just his op, and a scant few responses on page 1. I know what I will see from those replies in the next pages, so I think I will go outside and listen to nightbirds since all my bees have stingers and are in their hives thankfully.

Sorry, each of your posts makes less and less sense. There's nothing in the OP about any sort of materialism. It's about perception. Where you're getting these myriad irrelevant red herrings I have no idea.

Not my problem that you cannot understand, perhaps some remedial training is grade school would do you some good.

No, you have me confused with someone else. I never said I was afraid of Obama taking over Texas with Jade Helm 15, Mertex.

You might not have said the word "fear" but your post sure sounded like you were reacting like Abbott and other conservatives....with fear!

You might not have said the word "fear" but your post sure sounded like you were reacting like Abbott and other conservatives....with fear!

I believe you are mistaken. Post the link to thread and post # here so we can see what I said, Mertex. Thank you.

Not my problem that you cannot understand, perhaps some remedial training is grade school would do you some good.

Hey, you brought in all these red herrings, you're the guy who can't document 'em. Try dealing with elements that actually exist.

Forum List

Back