FBI Agent in Petraeus Case Under Scrutiny

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
FBI Agent in Petraeus Case Under Scrutiny​

By: DEVLIN BARRETT, EVAN PEREZ and SIOBHAN GORMAN
November 12, 2012

The FBI agent who started the case was a friend of Jill Kelley, the Tampa woman who received harassing, anonymous emails that led to the probe, according to officials. Ms. Kelley, a volunteer who organizes social events for military personnel in the Tampa area, complained in May about the emails to a friend who is an FBI agent. That agent referred it to a cyber crimes unit, which opened an investigation.

However, supervisors soon became concerned that the initial agent might have grown obsessed with the matter, and prohibited him from any role in the investigation, according to the officials.

The FBI officials found that he had sent shirtless pictures of himself to Ms. Kelley, according to the people familiar with the probe.

That same agent, after being barred from the case, contacted a member of Congress, Washington Republican David Reichert, because he was concerned senior FBI officials were going to sweep the matter under the rug, the officials said. That information was relayed to top congressional officials, who notified FBI headquarters in Washington.

[excerpt]

Read more:
FBI Agent in Petraeus Case Under Scrutiny - WSJ.com

It's just his style. Is what he posts wrong in any way?

I rep him when I can just because he's so vilified here.

You do post up some good stuff, but honestly I avoid your threads because of the formatting.

When are you going to take the hint.

Just what would you prefer, the title and the access? You wouldn't read it anyway.

You do post up some good stuff, but honestly I avoid your threads because of the formatting.

When are you going to take the hint.

Just what would you prefer, the title and the access? You wouldn't read it anyway.

Mostly, we'd prefer standard fonts (you are not so special that you need be different) and maybe your take on what you post.

Panetta on the Petraeus Affair: 'I’m Reading the Papers Like You Are'​

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta seemed not to have extensive knowledge of the Petraeus affair when talking to the press earlier today on board a flight to Australia. "You know, I don’t know the answer to that," Panetta said in response to a question about when the affair started and whether the CIA director would be prosecuted. "I guess, I’m reading the papers like you are to determine just what the committees finds out, what the ultimate investigation determines on that issue. We obviously are going to watch this closely to determine just exactly when that took place

Panetta on the Petraeus Affair: 'I

Forum List

Back