The Sins Of General David Petraeus

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Michael Hastings

Petraeus seduced America. We should never have trusted him.

The fraud that General David Petraeus perpetrated on America started many years before the general seduced Paula Broadwell, a lower-ranking officer 20 years his junior, after meeting her on a campus visit to Harvard.

More so than any other leading military figure, Petraeus’ entire philosophy has been based on hiding the truth, on deception, on building a false image. “Perception” is key, he wrote in his 1987 Princeton dissertation: "What policymakers believe to have taken place in any particular case is what matters — more than what actually occurred."

Yes, it’s not what actually happens that matters — it’s what you can convince the public it thinks happened.

Until this weekend, Petraeus had been incredibly successful in making the public think he was a man of great integrity and honor, among other things. Most of the stories written about him fall under what we hacks in the media like to call “a blow job." Vanity Fair. The New Yorker. The New York Times. The Washington Post. Time. Newsweek. In total, all the profiles, stage-managed and controlled by the Pentagon’s multimillion dollar public relations apparatus, built up an unrealistic and superhuman myth around the general that, in the end, did not do Petraeus or the public any favors. Ironically, despite all the media fellating, our esteemed and sex-obsessed press somehow missed the actual blow job.

Before I lay out the Petraeus counter-narrative — a narrative intentionally ignored by most of the Pentagon press and national security reporters, for reasons I’ll soon explain — let me say this about the man once known as King David, General Betray-Us, or P4, by his admirers, his enemies, and his fellow service members, respectively. He’s an impressive guy, a highly motivated individual, a world-class bullshit artist, a fitness addict, and a man who spent more time in shitty places over the past 10 years than almost any other American serving his or her country has. I've covered him for seven years now, and he’ll always have my respect and twisted admiration.

More...

The Good Stuff: The Sins Of General David Petraeus

just like clinton.... the only person who should care is the person they are married to.

So long as he wasn't fucking some spy or giving away state secrets.... who the hell cares who he was fucking?

Its not as if he lied about the affair under oath ya know.

just like clinton.... the only person who should care is the person they are married to.

So long as he wasn't fucking some spy or giving away state secrets.... who the hell cares who he was fucking?

Luv women who talk dirty

I always wondered why Obama turned a military officer, with 0 experience in anything to do with the CIA, into the head of the CIA, now we know. He had dirt.

Last edited:
I always wondered why Obama turned a military officer, with 0 experience in anything to do with the CIA, into the head of the CIA, now we know. He had dirt.

you would be amazed what people with 0 experience are appointed to do.

Why is the left trying to assassinate Petraeus' character? I personally don't have a problem with him. Yeah he was a rather inept general and he consorted with shady characters in the Bush Administration but I don't have anything against him personally.

By Michael Hastings

The fraud that General David Petraeus perpetrated on America started many years before the general seduced Paula Broadwell, a lower-ranking officer 20 years his junior, after meeting her on a campus visit to Harvard.

More so than any other leading military figure, Petraeus’ entire philosophy has been based on hiding the truth, on deception, on building a false image. “Perception” is key, he wrote in his 1987 Princeton dissertation: "What policymakers believe to have taken place in any particular case is what matters — more than what actually occurred."

Yes, it’s not what actually happens that matters — it’s what you can convince the public it thinks happened.

Until this weekend, Petraeus had been incredibly successful in making the public think he was a man of great integrity and honor, among other things. Most of the stories written about him fall under what we hacks in the media like to call “a blow job." Vanity Fair. The New Yorker. The New York Times. The Washington Post. Time. Newsweek. In total, all the profiles, stage-managed and controlled by the Pentagon’s multimillion dollar public relations apparatus, built up an unrealistic and superhuman myth around the general that, in the end, did not do Petraeus or the public any favors. Ironically, despite all the media fellating, our esteemed and sex-obsessed press somehow missed the actual blow job.

Before I lay out the Petraeus counter-narrative — a narrative intentionally ignored by most of the Pentagon press and national security reporters, for reasons I’ll soon explain — let me say this about the man once known as King David, General Betray-Us, or P4, by his admirers, his enemies, and his fellow service members, respectively. He’s an impressive guy, a highly motivated individual, a world-class bullshit artist, a fitness addict, and a man who spent more time in shitty places over the past 10 years than almost any other American serving his or her country has. I've covered him for seven years now, and he’ll always have my respect and twisted admiration.

More...

At least it isn't from HuffPo. That's some kind of achievement.
Petraues was one of the best generals this country has had. He took a faltering war and turned it around to victory. No wonder the left hates him. They hate military success, unless it's someone else's.

As it is, Petraeus deserved to go. Someone with as bad judgment as he exhibited has no business being near national secrets. Yet another sterling Obama appointment.

By Michael Hastings

More...

You dumb azz libnutters seem to forget histori.
Highly academic student of west point Ted Westhusing was involve in an apparent assination attempt on Col Westhusing in his involvement in the middle east.

It has been report by other sources he was killed on his mother's birthday located behind his ear.

Westhusing and Fil both were commanders toCol Westhusing.

And the cover up of the highest order continues to unvail.

classified material was found on the woman's computer. this asshole needs to go. but not until he tells us everything.

Not like Clinton. Clinton has always been known to be a "womanizer" for lack of a better term. Not Pretraeus. I listened to a discussion yesterday about him that featured a "friend" of his that speculated that Pretraues cheated on his wife because he was out of his element and no longer had his military buddies to pal around with, let his hair down with, or go running with. So this woman became his substitute. And this friend thought this was a perfectly legitimate rationale. wtf? That makes it sound even worse. It means he is useless under pressure and a huge security risk.

Clinton liked to talk dirty and stick cigars in holes,and then lies his ass off,what a piece of shit......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs&feature=player_detailpage]Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfpG2-1Bv4&feature=player_detailpage]Clinton testify - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back