Favorite State to visit?

gop_jeff said:
What is your favorite state OUTSIDE YOUR HOME STATE to visit?

Mine is Tennessee, I think. Beautiful scenery, beautiful women!

I have only been to 4 other states-Florida,Tennesse,Kentucky,and North Carolina.

I would have to agree that Tennesse is a beautiful place. We are going to try to go on a small vacation there beginning of spring. We went to Florida about 8 years ago and it was very fun too.Except for the drivers. They drive a little more aggressive than Ohioans I guess. I thought we were going to have a baaaaad wreck through the southern states on the way down there!!!

krisy said:
I have only been to 4 other states-Florida,Tennesse,Kentucky,and North Carolina.

I would have to agree that Tennesse is a beautiful place. We are going to try to go on a small vacation there beginning of spring. We went to Florida about 8 years ago and it was very fun too.Except for the drivers. They drive a little more aggressive than Ohioans I guess. I thought we were going to have a baaaaad wreck through the southern states on the way down there!!!

MAAAAAAAAAN... four states??!! That's a shame. You gotta see more of America... I'm telling ya.

My favorite would have to be a toss up between northern California and Montana.

Pale Rider said:
MAAAAAAAAAN... four states??!! That's a shame. You gotta see more of America... I'm telling ya.

My favorite would have to be a toss up between northern California and Montana.

I know. I'm not to well traveled. I would love to take more vacations,but money usually isn't there. There are lots of places I would love to see,but we would have to drive,I refuse to fly-never have.

It's gotta be Minnesota and Massachussets.

Minnesota, my southern neighbour has some really nice lakes, people are friendly and Minneapolis is a blast. Plus, only 8 hours drive away!

Massachussets is simply beautiful with its colonial architecture, Cape Cod and Boston is just a different place to walk around in. The structure of the neighbourhoods around there seem eptomize, physically speaking, what kinda of neighbourhood i'd like to live in.

It is a beautiful place, but not easy to afford living here. Prices of most things
are outrageous.
But I gotta admit, even though I dislike when it snows, it does look so pretty right now...lol.

I really like all the West Coast states--Washington, Oregon and California. Like northern California better than southern. Oregon is particularly interesting because the eastern part is desert due to the mountains keeping the moisture locked in the western part of the state. The Gorge is like a rain forest because of this. Is there any other state that has such extreme climate change within its boundaries?

We are Abraham Lincoln fans, so this summer we toured the Lincoln sites in Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois. It was really an interesting, and educational, experience. You get a real feel for the kind of man he was and the times in which he lived.

Adam's Apple said:
We are Abraham Lincoln fans, so this summer we toured the Lincoln sites in Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois. It was really an interesting, and educational, experience. You get a real feel for the kind of man he was and the times in which he lived.
Be sure an visit his tomb.

We did. His tomb is simply awesome, both inside and out! I was impressed with the second balcony where the names of each state are engraved around the obelisk. I don't remember if this was just the names of the states at the time he was president, or if the names of all the states are etched there. Can't remember if I saw Alaska and Hawaii. I also liked all the statues of the Civil War soldiers erected on the four corners that were made from melting down the 60 cannons donated by the U. S. Government. I don't know how to do pictures on the computer, or I would put a picture of Lincoln's tomb on this board for others to see.

I would certainly recommend this trip to anyone. You will be glad you made it.

Can't say I actually got off the train to visit each and every state, but aside from traveling the entire East Coast, took a train out to California. One Route going and another coming back. Saw a lot of States, but one State I have to say was a beauty, was Colorado. The scenery alone was awesome. I would love to hit Alaska too! after the pics that Night Train posted, it sure looks beautiful.

I'd say Northern Idaho, in the Coeur d'Alene area... man, that is truly beautiful country. If I couldn't have AK, that's probably the area I'd go to. But, I'll take AK any day!

Hey, how come no one is talking up El Paso / Juarez yet?? :D I think that is my least favorite area of the country I've yet seen.

Adam's Apple said:
Is there any other state that has such extreme climate change within its boundaries?

Actually, Washington State has it all, from mountains to beaches, prairies to forests, desert, and yes, the only official rainforest in the lower 48.

And we have swamps too... about a quarter mile from my house! The frogs in springtime are so loud you can't get away from them!

NightTrain said:
Hey, how come no one is talking up El Paso / Juarez yet?? :D I think that is my least favorite area of the country I've yet seen.

I went to Las Cruces, NM last year for a competition and was hoping to take a quick jaunt down to Mexico through El Paso. I was shocked at the border-town! It looked more like an occupied war zone! I've never seen such a militarized border. It was fugly.

gop_jeff said:
What is your favorite state OUTSIDE YOUR HOME STATE to visit?

Mine is Tennessee, I think. Beautiful scenery, beautiful women!

I have two Arizona, hot dry weather cactus, and palm trees or mountains depending on your mood.....And Florida, warm balmy nights, beaches, palm trees.

I'v seen a few states not all by a long shot But around chatanoga tenn, It was beautifull, Also had the pleasure of visiting Oregon- WOW!! Never saw anything like it.especialy by the coast.- hundredes of miles of sand beaches and best of all Noone around!You can walk by yourself for miles By the ocean Go walk out on a coral reef and have thesurf crashing around you - I don't Know never been to california Probably just as nice but I don't think you can get the solitude

dilloduck said:
wanna see Gettysburg area too!

I've been there, we took a family vacation there for about a week. A LOT of history there, and I love history. My brother and I took out our pocket knives and opened the blades and held them out in front of us, at an angle while walking the exact field of Pickett's Charge. We played in the Devils Den, and stood on Little Roundtop. We also stood in the room Lincoln was in when he wrote the Gettysburg Address, toured the house of the only civilian casualty of the the Battle of Gettysburg. The late night ghost tour was excellant too.

I'd strongly advise going there, especially if you are into history. Some of the battlesites will give you such chills, it is just awesome.

Forum List

Back