Favorite Songs With a Message

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
What are you favorite songs that seemed to have a strong message the singer/band was trying to convey ?

It seems some of my favorite songs seem to be conveying a strong message the singer/band is trying to get across. Here is my list of songs:

Say It Ain't So - Weezer
American Pie - Don McLean
Imagine - John Lenin
Your Going Go Far Kid - The Offspring
Hotel California - The Eagles
The Night the Lights Went Out In Georgia - Vicki Lawrence
Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie
The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Gimmie Shelter - The Rolling Stones
Los Angeles is Burning - Bad Religion
This Land is Your Land - Woodie Guthrie
We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel

Meant nothing more than vanilla pudding, in comparison to what these guys did with it.

I do like Disturbed's version of it, and Paul Simon said he liked it also.
But that is simply not true.
The original song was released in 1965, 58 years ago.
Instrumentation was completely different then, music styles very different etc.
You have been raised listening to more modern music for years. It is what we are used to.
In 1965, Disturbed's version may very well have flopped.

Carol of the Bells as performed by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

No words...just music that gives "Hope".

One of my all time favorites I forgot to include. Yes I always loved "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin.

A lot of others I forgot to mention to. I can't believe I forgot to mention Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir". Song's meaning obscure but metaphorically the message in the song is about life being an adventure and a series of illuminated moments.

I also forgot to include Micheal Jackson's song "Man in the Mirror". A song with a message about looking in the mirror and changing oneself by starting from the inside first.

Mason couldn't have done better writing and singing this awesome uplifting song! :) :) :)

God bless you and Mason always!!!

Holly (a girl who only loves him even more every day)

"Where have all the Flowers Gone" is another classic I always loved. A great anti-war song.

I also loved the song "Rooster" by Alice in Chains. A song with the message about how the Veitnam War was from the perspective of a soldier, their thoughts and feelings. Vietnam permanently scared many veterans who served in the war and their families.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites I forgot to include. Yes I always loved "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin.

A lot of others I forgot to mention to. I can't believe I forgot to mention Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir". Song's meaning obscure but metaphorically the message in the song is about life being an adventure and a series of illuminated moments.

I also forgot to include Micheal Jackson's song "Man in the Mirror". A song with a message about looking in the mirror and changing oneself by starting from the inside first.

Zeppelin was "meaningful". Right.

Everything they ever did meant Page was getting laid tonight.

Forum List

Back