If you are a music fanatic, check out these songs:

Jul 12, 2016
Hello, I have many songs/artists that I think are pretty damn fantastic, but do not get fair recognition. I will list a bunch of songs, and add some key phrases to help you decide whether or not it is worth looking it up. I've also placed the songs into categories. This is not even scratching the surface of my music collection so I may make a part two. Hope you enjoy!

(Chill Music?)
Nothing In My Way by Keane (deep song, good instrumental, overall one of my favorites even though it's not as under-rated as some of the other ones.)
A Bad Dream by Keane (really deep and philosophical, good for someone that's very pensive/thoughtful. i go to this song when i feel lost/lonely in the universe)
Shadow by Wild Nothing (it's about someone liking you, but not feeling the same way and growing distant to them. Calming riff, nice song to drift off in your thoughts with.)
Take Me Somewhere Nice by Mogwai (very calming and comforting. a bit depressing but it really carries you away. good for long car trips, riding through natural scenery)
Sadnecessary by Milky Chance (calming riff, easy to sing along to. simple song about heartbreak)
505 by The Arctic Monkeys (I know this isn't under-rated or anything, but I just really like this song lmao, chill at first and then the second half of the song just hits you.)
Breakers by Local Natives (just amazing. i don't really know what to say about this one)
World Inside Your Head by Cull (it's like a lullaby of sorts, good for getting lost in your thoughts, hence the title name. the instrumental solo is the best part at around 2:17)
Sleeping Pills by The Brobecks (the intro is my favorite part, i guess i have a thing for instrumentals haha it also gets good in the second half of the song)
Radio by Castaneda (nice guitar riff. instrumental is good, especially at the beginning. I'm not entirely sure about the message though, perhaps taking initiative in life? Idk)

(General Indie Band)
Insane by Stillwater Giants (good melody and generally good vocals, the lyrics are a bit elementary but still a good song)
Cupid by Big Moon (unique vocals, upbeat and has an interesting dynamic.)
When It Happens by Wax Idols (the only reason I included this is if you like the above song. you can still check it out regardless though.)
Honolulu by The Last Dinosaurs (the chorus is great, the song itself is kinda boring at first, but it grows on you)
Weekend by The Last Dinosaurs (reminds me of an island vacation, easy on the ears for the most part)
Kathleen by Catfish and the Bottlemen (about a complicated relationship, cool song overall, relatable)
Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns (vocals can be annoying at times, but the instrumental, riffs, and melody make up for it imo)
Karma by The Last Dinosaurs (I like the melody of the song, I always find myself humming along. the vocals and lyrics can be a bit lacking at times though.)

(Slightly More Rocky?)
Citizen Erased by Muse (deep song, carries you through many emotions. not to mention the instrumental is stunning. one of my favorites)
Plug in Baby by Muse (the meaning of the song is a bit unclear, but good for jamming out to!)
Setsuyakuka by tricot (The song is in Japanese, but still really really good. Female lead singer. If you like pop-rock or whatever you call it, you'd like it.)
Vermilion by Slipknot- (definitely NOT under-rated but will always be one of my favorites because of its complexity. i also suggest looking up part 2 of this song, a beautiful acoustic rendition)
Wait and Bleed by Slipknot (i wrote a whole essay analyzing this song because my English teacher was awesome. great angsty song)

I forgot to mention, if you've never heard of the group Tame Impala, definitely check them out!! I completely forgot them in this list. I suggest checking out "The Less I Know the Better" first.

I forgot to mention, if you've never heard of the group Tame Impala, definitely check them out!! I completely forgot them in this list. I suggest checking out "The Less I Know the Better" first.

I know at least a bit of Tame Impala...

Welcome to USMB. You know we can embed links like above? I suggest you take some examples like you have above and embed them in a post, like that ↑

One per post would be best, but nobody's going to copy your text and go look for something with no sensory feedback. Make it easily clickable and it will be far more effective.

You can either join an existing thread or start your own if you have a theme.

Have fun. I look forward to hearing more. :thup:

Forum List

Back