favorite dog breed

I have always had Australian Shepherds. Amazing intelligence, agility, good with a frisbee

jamm3.jpg

trhe herding does are my flavor too.

Aussies, bordercollies, cattle dogs.

I have a border collie, Aussie mix with tri color like that picture. She is about a year old now and I adopted her from the pound when she was about 3 months old.

My avatar is my Border collie, bernese mountain dog and hes about 2 and is 85 lbs.

I also have a boy cattledog and aussie mix who is about a year and a half old and has bright blue eyes and is a beautiful merle.

I have to admitt the bernese part was a surprize but a lovely one.

I love pound puppies with a herder bent.

I have no need for pure bloods like some do.

I will only ever rescue because the amount of dogs breed everhy year is nearly equal to the amount of dogs put down every year.

No one should be able to make money from breeding.

In my mind you should only breed for love ot the breed.

I'm a dog freak but this will freak most people out.;-)~
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJhJi8KObA&feature=related]Hungarian Komondor - YouTube[/ame]

you dont cut a doberman's ears for that.....they are easy to clean.....keeps them from ripping the leathers all to pieces....thor has holes ...rips and tears that leave unsightly scars and lumps

Australians are fantastic ! Too much hair for the tropics.

there is a type of border collie that has short hair.

Its a mc Nabb border collie from cali.

cattle dogs also have short hair.

If you like aussies you would love a border collie.

Labs are my favorite all around hunting and companion dogs. This is Lucy, who'll soon be 14...but don't tell her that, she still runs like a puppy. Extremely obedient, very happy dog:

Lucy.jpg

Labs are my favorite all around hunting and companion dogs. This is Lucy, who'll soon be 14...but don't tell her that, she still runs like a puppy. Extremely obedient, very happy dog:

Lucy.jpg

Black Labs are amazing! Smartest dog I ever had. They love to eat though :lol:.

German Shepards, Labs, Jindos, Shibas, Spaniels..heck..just about all of them are my favorites!

If I had a lot of room and could only have one dog, it would probably be a Lab. Big Black Lab. So lovable. But I live in a condo so I had to get a Beagle, and so its hard not to go with Beagle. But not all Beagles are great. Mine was the traditional long leg tri color blue tick beagle. My uncle said its the best kind. I didn't know. I just got her from someone who didn't want her anymore. They were sick of taking care of her. So she came to live with me for almost 15 years and she was a wonderful dog. Some stray forever, she always came back. She was such a bitch and would bark if you didn't give her food. So greedy but in a cute way. She loved to sleep a lot, but when we went out, she would sniff and run in those woods and chase rabbit. My uncle was right. She was really good at kicking up rabbits. I never taught her. It was all instinct. And she would take on muskrat, possum, skunks, moles, water voles, but knew better with Raccoons. They would have fucked her up. She died about 2 years ago. I had to put her down because of kidney failure. It was so sad. I don't want another dog unless I move in with someone else and they share in taking care of the damn thing. Lot of work. Wake up early, walk the dog. Raining? Doesn't matter. Come straight home. Can't go out after work because the dog needs company. Can't go on trips or have to bug other people to baby sit. Hair everywhere. Then they get sick and cost you $1500 twice! Screw that.

A Beagal is a hound.

I have never owned a hound but they have a soft part in my heart.

I know its crazy but I just love the sound of a hound.

I love the sound of a hound getting their "hound on" as I call it.

That aourooo aourrrooooo just makes me smile every time

Of the many breeds I have owned and loved, if I were going to buy a new puppy it would be another Peke. I love to look at their cute faces and they have the perfect disposition for me to enjoy. Laid back and very sweet and loving, if they are treated that way. :)

DiorandPia-1-1-1.jpg

Dogs are one of my top joys in life.

I go to the dog park as much to pet the other dogs as to treat my own to fun.

A Beagal is a hound.

I have never owned a hound but they have a soft part in my heart.

I know its crazy but I just love the sound of a hound.

I love the sound of a hound getting their "hound on" as I call it.

That aourooo aourrrooooo just makes me smile every time

Our dog Buddy is a Beagle mix and he's got that hound thing down to science.

He's not the least bit needy; as long as you're somewhere nearby, he's happy. He's got several distinctive barks: his dog food bark, his "someone's at the door" bark, his "there's cats in my yard" bark (he does not like cats one bit), and, of course, his hunting bark which is more of a yelping/howling sound.

If anything ever happened to him I don't don't think I'd get another dog right away but if I did, it would be a hound of some variety.

I love beagals but I have to admitt if I was to choose a hound it would likely be a basset hound.

They are just too cool

Its like having a Big Dog in a small package.

I lean big dogs.

I have three and my smallest weights about 60 lbs.

I have about 200lbs of dog right now.

Forum List

Back