favorite dog breed

Its like having a Big Dog in a small package.

I lean big dogs.

I have three and my smallest weights about 60 lbs.

I have about 200lbs of dog right now.

Friends of ours had a Great Dane. Her name was Grace and she thought she was lap dog.

Ever have a 120lb sitting in your lap?

Sadly, she only lived to eight years.

A great dog.

I had a 100 pound lap dog who was a greater swiss mountain and lab mix.

Man I loved that big ole boy.

I have never gotten a dane because they only live about six years and have always thought it would be too hard to let go that soon.

Karma got me and I picked the boy in my picture from a poung thinking he was a border aussie mix as a tiny pup.

He fooled the Drs too.

UNTIL he kept growing and growing.

It turns out hes part Bernese mountain dog which do to some bad breeding practices in the past have only a 6 year life span.

He has bad hips and the heart of a lion.

I will likey only get to enjoy his big sweet self for a few more years.

I would love a dane.

I have others living with me though who would only want to go herding dog as a pick.

If I could I would have a dozen dogs and love every minute of it.

A Beagal is a hound.

I have never owned a hound but they have a soft part in my heart.

I know its crazy but I just love the sound of a hound.

I love the sound of a hound getting their "hound on" as I call it.

That aourooo aourrrooooo just makes me smile every time
I had a Basset and their voice is just amazing. I miss my Basset and I want another.

Right now, I have a West Highland Terrier (adoption from a friend's mother).

Before that, I've had two English Setters.

Here's my Westie:

Watsonincar.jpg

Watsonsweater32.jpg

My last English Setter (died two summers ago)

Fitz.jpg

Last edited:
I have a poodle. Extremely intelligent dogs, second most intelligent breed right after the Border Collie. I have very little patience with dog training so a smart dog that can figure it all out is essential. My dog is very much like a child, an extremely intelligent and well behaved child.

That doesn't stop me from having a soft spot for Yorkies. I love Yorkies, absolutely fearless little dogs.

I love the German Shepherd have had em all my life.

If you get a good one you have the best dog on the planet. IMO of course.

I also have Border Collies. My dog Jake is 14 this year and he can still run the legs off a sheep. Highly trainable and super nice dogs.

Jake is a short coated BC and he was a rescue dog. He's a MaCallum BC which is a line from Montana that they use on cattle.

All my other dogs are pound puppies. Abbey is a GSD mix who I'm currently doing Obedience with , Zip is a Border Terrier mix and Murph is a Schnauzer/Poodle mix.

I also have a GSD/Pit mix that I'm fosering for a rescue group. He's one great dog as well.

I love all dogs but have my favorites like anyone else.

How does one live without a dog in the house??

hubby saw a kid killed by a german sherpard....he wont consider that breed...it was hard winning him over to dobies....

why does syn overfeed his dogs?

english setters are beautiful dogs.....

yorkies are tough little things.....but its stupid for a 5 lb dog to attack a doberman....my dobie just looks real sad when attacked by small dogs...he normally just steps on them and holds them down with his paw...the little dog squeals..the little dog owner squeals

I've had three diffrent kinds of dogs....an English Bulldog, Chocolate Lab, and Black Lab. I loved all the dogs the same, but my favorite breed is the English Bulldog. All three dogs were exteremly stuborn, but the Bulldog took the cake. They are very high maintenance, but I love their cartoonish features and expressions. My favorite type of dog.

bulldog_foto2.jpg

Border Collie

220px-

Australians are fantastic ! Too much hair for the tropics.

there is a type of border collie that has short hair.

Its a mc Nabb border collie from cali.

cattle dogs also have short hair.

If you like aussies you would love a border collie.
Interesting history
The McNab - California's best kept secret

a border collie is one smart dog.

You see them incommercials all the time (the fluffy black and white usually) because they are so pretty and are sooo smart they make great actor dogs.

If you get a herder you need to be very commited to your dog, they need lots of exersize and lots of mental interaction.

brilliant dogs

hubby saw a kid killed by a german sherpard....he wont consider that breed...it was hard winning him over to dobies....

why does syn overfeed his dogs?

english setters are beautiful dogs.....

yorkies are tough little things.....but its stupid for a 5 lb dog to attack a doberman....my dobie just looks real sad when attacked by small dogs...he normally just steps on them and holds them down with his paw...the little dog squeals..the little dog owner squeals
I've had large dogs all my life until this Westie that I now have (by accident, too).

Speaking of little dogs going after big dogs, the horse show crowd loves Jack Russel terriers, so lots of those at the shows. A showing pal of mine also had big dogs - a yellow lab and a Rottweiler. She and I would take our large dogs to the shows sometimes, too. And, those JR terriers are notorious for their Napoleon complexes. Both my dogs and hers were always getting challenged by those little dogs. Jack Russels are often quite aggressive in my experience.

Beagles! I used to have a large kennel of beagles (45) adults. I field trialed them with the AKC, rabbit hunted with them, showed them and sold beagle puppies. Did all this for 18 years. Beagles rock. Nothing sounds better than a pack of beagles on the hot trail of a rabbit...

Forum List

Back