Father of the Year Award: Sells his daughter for Beer, wine, meat, Gatorade and Cash!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Father Accused Of Selling Daughter For Beer - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast

Macelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, was arrested Monday on suspicion of trying to arrange to have his daughter marry Margarito de Jesus Galindo, 18, for $16,000, 100 cases of Corona, 50 cases of Modelo beer, several cases of meat, two cases of wine, 50 cases of Gatorade and 50 cases of soft drinks, authorities said.

The girl moved in with Galindo and when payments were not received, her father called police to get his daughter back.

Not sure the standards are in Mexico (the man was an illegal, who obviously identifies with Mexican culture not American), but when you sell your daughter at at least require a handle of good whiskey and for Christ Sake require payment up front! :lol:

Or better yet NEVER SELL YOUR DAUGHTER FOR ANYTHING! I personally would kill for my daughter, how could a father be so callous to sell his daughter for anything. A person could even give me a billion dollars for my daughter! Amazing is that he only sought to get her back when payment wasn't made!

LOL, good one.

Side Note: Your a Colts fan? As a Bears fan I won't hold it against, even thought the Colts ripped my heart out of my chest in the superbowl!

And both of us are watching other teams play this Sunday! :evil:

(The Bears are my second favorite team by the way, they were all we had as a kid before Irsay stole the Colts from Baltimore and brought them to Indy-oh, and I'm a Cubs fan too! )

I don't think he shopped her around hard enough. The market value for a perfectly good 18 year old girl HAS to be higher than what he agreed on.

If she's 18 is it actually a crime? Here she'd be a legal adult and capable of deciding for herself.

The guy must be an idiot though...Corona? Nasty stuff.

If she's 18 is it actually a crime? Here she'd be a legal adult and capable of deciding for herself.

The guy must be an idiot though...Corona? Nasty stuff.

she's 14 according to the story.

i think trafficking in humans is pretty much illegal no matter how old they are.

i guess it was news to this guy, though. :rofl:

i think trafficking in humans is pretty much illegal no matter how old they are.

lol, I guess I should read these things more closely. The slave owner is eighteen, not the girl.

lol, I guess I should read these things more closely. The slave owner is eighteen, not the girl.

i'm trying to figure out how the father arrived at the price.

Macelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, was arrested Monday on suspicion of trying to arrange to have his daughter marry Margarito de Jesus Galindo, 18, for $16,000, 100 cases of Corona, 50 cases of Modelo beer, several cases of meat, two cases of wine, 50 cases of Gatorade and 50 cases of soft drinks, authorities said.

several cases of meat? wtf!?

hmmmm...an arranged marriage like back at home. Perhaps I shouldn't have called the guy a slave owner, maybe they considered it a dowry.

I few years ago, I worked with a girl who had been sold by her mom for heroin to a mexican drug trafficker (sinaloan cowboy). He owned her, and used her as a personal sex slave and prostitute from ages 14 to 16.

He kept her quiet and biddable by hooking her on heroin, as well, and controlling her access to the drug. I encountered her in a drug treatment facility where she'd been placed by child protective services after she'd been arrested for prostitution.

At that point in my career, I felt that almost nothing could shock me anymore, but I have to admit that I left that first meeting with her and threw up.

I'd say that the vast majority of Americans have no clue what is going on right in front of their faces with issues like this.

Last edited:
"...arrested Monday on suspicion of trying to arrange to have his daughter marry Margarito de Jesus Galindo..."

Boy, dowries in Mexico definitely need some improvement, they need to outsource to India where they know how to do these things. ;)

Has anyone seen the movie; Traffic?

It's an honest look at international human trafficking.

There must be two movies called Traffic. I think the other one deals with a girl that becomes a crack whore.

No. I was mistaken, The title of the movie I'm talking about is called TRADE. It stars Kevin Kline. It is set in Mexico and the subject is international human trafficking in sex trade and deals specifically with Russian and Mexican underage girls and young women who are kidnapped, tricked, bought and sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Father Accused Of Selling Daughter For Beer - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast

Not sure the standards are in Mexico (the man was an illegal, who obviously identifies with Mexican culture not American), but when you sell your daughter at at least require a handle of good whiskey and for Christ Sake require payment up front! :lol:

Or better yet NEVER SELL YOUR DAUGHTER FOR ANYTHING! I personally would kill for my daughter, how could a father be so callous to sell his daughter for anything. A person could even give me a billion dollars for my daughter! Amazing is that he only sought to get her back when payment wasn't made!

He only wanted her back so he could sell her again and actually get paid. I have a couple boys I've thought about selling. Only problem is, every time I try to sell them, the buyers want me to pay them.

Forum List

Back