Father of the Year Award: Sells his daughter for Beer, wine, meat, Gatorade and Cash!

I think she chose to move in with the guy before the bride price was paid. That's why pops reported it to the police. One assumes he didn't want her to.
Not her, I was wondering about the girl catz worked with.

Yes she would.

However, if they were LATTER DAY SAINTS she'd be screaming bloody murder.

I can see why you got sick, even with your level of exposure to this kind of horror. Some years ago I would have said I thought slavery was a thing of the past and impossible in the US. But from what you read in the papers nowadays, it's on the rise.
Did the girl eventually get to a better place?

It was horrifying. I kept thinking, "Wow. When I was 16, the most serious thing I had on my mind was buying a dress for prom."

She did recover from heroin addiction, but at this point, I don't know what happened to her.

It was horrifying. I kept thinking, "Wow. When I was 16, the most serious thing I had on my mind was buying a dress for prom."

She did recover from heroin addiction, but at this point, I don't know what happened to her.
People can be very resilient. I hope she is and she finds happiness in life. She sure deserves it.

Wait, I thought she was 18, lol.

Just because it's the "custom" doesn't mean we can't bash it, Ravi. Wrong is wrong is wrong.
Oh, I agree. But to make it sound like something it probably isn't is silly. Wonder what the age of consent is in that state?

I have to wonder, if Mexicans were Muslim instead of Christian, would you still call it a normal custom?
For their county (which I said...country's normal customs) it is normal. That doesn't make it right. But you already knew that.

btw, I heard they were actually Muslims. :eusa_whistle:
LOL!

BTW I edited my post.

It was inaccurate. I often let opportunities to trap you in your own logic pass by. Out of the goodness of my heart. :tongue:

You two crack me up!! I can't rep you enough!

Seriously, you two should have a show on comedy central. LOL!

Forum List

Back