Father of the Year Award: Sells his daughter for Beer, wine, meat, Gatorade and Cash!

I few years ago, I worked with a girl who had been sold by her mom for heroin to a mexican drug trafficker (sinaloan cowboy). He owned her, and used her as a personal sex slave and prostitute from ages 14 to 16.

He kept her quiet and biddable by hooking her on heroin, as well, and controlling her access to the drug. I encountered her in a drug treatment facility where she'd been placed by child protective services after she'd been arrested for prostitution.

At that point in my career, I felt that almost nothing could shock me anymore, but I have to admit that I left that first meeting with her and threw up.

I'd say that the vast majority of Americans have no clue what is going on right in front of their faces with issues like this.

Many of us, including me, have been joking about this a bit, because it is funny. But you are right, there is a serious problem with the trafficing of humans, some of it is happening right in front of us and we don't even realize it.

NO. She's 14, and still a child. And this is forced statutory rape facilitated by the parent who was supposed to protect her. Welcome back to the dark ages.

Has anyone seen the movie; Traffic?

It's an honest look at international human trafficking.

Was that about drug dealing from the POV from Mexican Police Officers, US DEA, US Drug Dealers, the Mexican Cartels etc? Maybe it was a different movie?

I wonder if daddy sold little George W what he'd get for him?

I'd say $3 and a 6 pack of Paps

There are dowries, and bride prices.

I've never been able to figure out the sanity of the groom paying a bride price, while the bride's family pays a dowry. Paying somebody to take your daughter off your hands? Was that the purpose? Or is it a sort of insurance policy to make sure your daughter has what she needs, at least at the beginning? And if both sides are paying, isn't that just an even trade? WTF?

Anyway, with the $16000 I'd say the dad was getting a pretty good bargain. The daughter probably should have held off on moving in with the guy, though, maybe they could have gotten more?

There are dowries, and bride prices.

I've never been able to figure out the sanity of the groom paying a bride price, while the bride's family pays a dowry. Paying somebody to take your daughter off your hands? Was that the purpose? Or is it a sort of insurance policy to make sure your daughter has what she needs, at least at the beginning? And if both sides are paying, isn't that just an even trade? WTF?

Anyway, with the $16000 I'd say the dad was getting a pretty good bargain. The daughter probably should have held off on moving in with the guy, though, maybe they could have gotten more?

Or he could have done like that one chick did, sold his daughter's virginity on the internet to the highest bidder, I'm sure a lot of sick assholes out there would have loved that.

Or he could have done like that one chick did, sold his daughter's virginity on the internet to the highest bidder, I'm sure a lot of sick assholes out there would have loved that.
Did you even read the story? It seems to me that they were following their country's normal customs. btw, that doesn't mean I approve of the custom, but come on.

Did you even read the story? It seems to me that they were following their country's normal customs. btw, that doesn't mean I approve of the custom, but come on.

I was being facetious, but

Yeah, I read the story. Again, she was 14 and he sold her for $16,000,Gatorade, Corona, Soda and Meat. But I guess that is the custom of some cultures.

I was being facetious, but

Yeah, I read the story. Again, she was 14 and he sold her for $16,000,Gatorade, Corona, Soda and Meat. But I guess that is the custom of some cultures.
Yep, it actually is...I think we should invade Mexico and solve their humanitarian crisis. :)

Wait, I thought she was 18, lol.

Just because it's the "custom" doesn't mean we can't bash it, Ravi. Wrong is wrong is wrong.

I few years ago, I worked with a girl who had been sold by her mom for heroin to a mexican drug trafficker (sinaloan cowboy). He owned her, and used her as a personal sex slave and prostitute from ages 14 to 16.

He kept her quiet and biddable by hooking her on heroin, as well, and controlling her access to the drug. I encountered her in a drug treatment facility where she'd been placed by child protective services after she'd been arrested for prostitution.

At that point in my career, I felt that almost nothing could shock me anymore, but I have to admit that I left that first meeting with her and threw up.

I'd say that the vast majority of Americans have no clue what is going on right in front of their faces with issues like this.

I can see why you got sick, even with your level of exposure to this kind of horror. Some years ago I would have said I thought slavery was a thing of the past and impossible in the US. But from what you read in the papers nowadays, it's on the rise.
Did the girl eventually get to a better place?

I think she chose to move in with the guy before the bride price was paid. That's why pops reported it to the police. One assumes he didn't want her to.

I have to wonder, if Mexicans were Muslim instead of Christian, would you still call it a normal custom?

Forum List

Back