Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

He blamed his son, clearly.

How such a damaged person could get his hands on so many guns is a reasonable question, and one that should not be ignored.

Cocaine is illegal. I wonder how so many people get cocaine considering it is banned in this country.

Oh, is that irrelevant to this discussion. I am sure it is.

What if we found out that he illegally obtained the guns? Should there then be new laws to add to the old laws that do not work?

How such a damaged person could get his hands on so many guns is a reasonable question, and one that should not be ignored.

Cocaine is illegal. I wonder how so many people get cocaine considering it is banned in this country.

What if we found out that he illegally obtained the guns? Should there then be new laws to add to the old laws that do not work?
Well, if we get to a point at which people are slaughtering innocent students with cocaine bursts, we'll have to look into that.

Regarding how a badly damaged individual can get his hands on over a dozen guns, the first thing we have to do is decide that we're going to try to do something about it.

Next we agree as mature adults that whatever measures are ultimately taken will not be held up by narcissistic partisanship.

We then ask those who cannot agree to the above to go away and perhaps find another hobby.

Then those who remain have to begin the long and difficult process of addressing this terrible issue.

10454493_897634513662937_7062376138611919671_n.jpg

Actually, the ATF has already confirmed all the guns were purchased legally.

ATF: All of Oregon Shooter's Firearms Were Purchased Legally

I have a pretty simple law that would work.

If you provided a mass shooter with a gun, you are considered an accomplice. You can be held to account criminally and civilly.

I'm betting you the gun industry will make the effort to find out that someone like Mercer got a psych discharge from the Army or that he's been on psychotropic drugs since grade school.

Maybe he went to Chicago and bought a bunch.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

If you provided a mass shooter with a gun, you are considered an accomplice. You can be held to account criminally and civilly.

I'm betting you the gun industry will make the effort to find out that someone like Mercer got a psych discharge from the Army or that he's been on psychotropic drugs since grade school.

Unconstitutional and illogical.

He's not blaming guns, he's blaming our lax policies concerning access to guns.

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

How many crimes are committed with legal guns, Sparky?

i realize the o/p is limited in his comprehension abilities, but the man did not blame guns. he simply pointed out that some people shouldn't get them.

i'm not quite sure why our radical right doesn't understand that and allows a gun marketing group to tell them what to think.

oh wait...

Right, because criminals can't get illegal guns...

Unconstitutional and illogical.
Now that is a very nice concise summation of Lil Joe's post...actually most of his posts.

Well, if we get to a point at which people are slaughtering innocent students with cocaine bursts, we'll have to look into that.

Regarding how a badly damaged individual can get his hands on over a dozen guns, the first thing we have to do is decide that we're going to try to do something about it.

Next we agree as mature adults that whatever measures are ultimately taken will not be held up by narcissistic partisanship.

We then ask those who cannot agree to the above to go away and perhaps find another hobby.

Then those who remain have to begin the long and difficult process of addressing this terrible issue.

I find it amusing how you do not think illicit drug use has led to mass murders.

You do not think people high on cocaine murdered anyone and it was because they were high on cocaine that they committed murders?

Never eh?

Ok.

Wow.

I find it amusing how you do not think illicit drug use has led to mass murders.

You do not think people high on cocaine murdered anyone and it was because they were high on cocaine that they committed murders?

Never eh?

Ok.

Wow.
How were those mass murders perpetrated?

Rocks? Knives? Baseball bats? Super Soakers™?

Hi loser. Can you let us know your detailed plan? What would you like to see in your mythological world?

Remember, give us details. Like prison time for hundreds of millions of people who legally own guns now.

How much in cost will it be to incarcerate the hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country that would include millions of elderly people.

Let us know your detailed plan.

Liberals are losers everyone. They have no answers. They really are not worth a bag of shit.

Never eh?

Ok.

Wow.

Firearms, in most cases.

Do you somehow believe that if firearms weren't available, the murders wouldn't have been committed?

Never eh?

Ok.

Wow.

What did the 19 terrorists use to murder 3000 people on September 11th 2001? Was there a gun used?

No?

Huh.

Forum List

Back