Father kills gay son

Long years ago i knew a woman that was raped and elected to keep the biracial child. To me, this woman was a really twisted sister. The rapist was never arrested so the woman birthed his child with the intention of visiting all the hate for the father on the child. The poor little girl went to school saying mom hates me. But because the child was well cared for social services could do no more than suggest counseling. That was more than simply withholdin
It's also true and you have to know that. When was the time, any time that you saw any action for violating a personal right to love and acceptance?

What are you talking about?

You might find a family reprehensible for turning away a child but there is nothing to stop them from doing it.

Eh, you have parenting all wrong pal. There are Christians here who want to preserve the "family unit" as it were. Here you are wanting to tear it apart because one member is gay.

Family's family. I don't understand why you would simply throw your gay family member out on the street for being gay.
You wouldn't. There is nothing stopping anyone from throwing a family member out because they are gay or for any reason or no reason. There is nothing stopping them. There is no civil or criminal penalty for tossing an adult family member out on their asses.

depends on how old the family member is... and on how badly they've emotionally abused the family member before that happened.

and it doesn't make it any less vile and disgusting.

The right to marry would be one. But straights tried to use government power to establish their religion and prevent it.

But now gays and lesbians are trying to use that same government to establish it, and crush any religious objection to it.

PA laws aren't religion.

And that is a non sequitur.

I never said anything about PA laws being "religion" of any sort.

Whereas you accuse straights of using government power to establish religion and prevent homosexuality, homosexuals are using government to establish the normalcy of their lifestyle and prevent religious objections to such normalcy.

"Our lifestyle is protected by law, but yours are not."

The rigidity of PA laws are so that they already prevent religious objections business owners to the lifestyles of their customers. If homosexual customers require the proprietor of an establishment to participate or help facilitate something that goes against their religious beliefs, they should have a right to reject. PA laws be damned.

For the record, if the proprietor was Muslim, would you react in this same manner?

Last edited:
All you can say is, in your opinion they deserve love and acceptance. There is no right, no enforceable right to love, acceptance or fair treatment.

Wow.

This is pathetic.
It's also true and you have to know that. When was the time, any time that you saw any action for violating a personal right to love and acceptance? You might find a family reprehensible for turning away a child but there is nothing to stop them from doing it.

Child services............ and the child might be found another home or become emancipated.
Well no. Even minor children aren't entitled to love or acceptsnce, child services comes to a home, they check to see if there is food in the house, does the child have adequate clothing, a place to sleep, age appropriate toys. They never even ask about personal feelings. The number of children told to leave home when they turn 18 are too many to think about. For adult children, they are shit out of luck. In this case, the gay son was 29 years old. He had no right to be in that home.

Of course 18 year olds are aged out of foster care every day and end up on the street.

they check to see if there is abuse, mental or physical abuse of any kind.
No they don't. Mom and dad don't love me is not abuse. For an older child, it wouldn't even be considered. For an adult child, get the fuck out of the house and leave your parents alone. They don't want you.

There is nothing stopping anyone from throwing a family member out because they are gay or for any reason or no reason.

They have the right, but that doesn't mean they should.

I'm sorry you advocate the use of cruelty to protect your family from a gay family member. You'll forgive me if I do not wish to continue this conversation further.

Excuse me.

Does anyone think that there are some kind of penalties imposed by law for failing to love or accept a gay family member or failing to treat them fairly?

You cited risk to religious liberties. There is virtually none.

When Nathan Deal vetoed our religious liberty bill here in Georgia, he set the precedent for allowing gay couples to walk into a church, mosque or synagogue and demand the Pastor, Rabbi, or Imam marry them..

No- not in the least.

No more than a Jewish couple can walk into a Catholic church and demand that the Priest marry them.

Hell the Catholic Church will not even marry two Protestants.

Despite the fear mongering of the far right, no one is demanding churches end their traditional discriminatory practices- nor does the law in anyway support ending it.

It's not hard to see you will deny it. Always. It isn't fear mongering. Because the bill itself was designed to protect priests and other religious officials from having to marry gay couples against their religious beliefs. Now that Deal has rejected such a bill, it sets a precedent. Marry us, or else.

Sigh.

For the last 50 years, the Civil Rights Act of 1965 has said that no business can discriminate against someone because of their religion- yet in 50 years no Church has been 'required' to marry a Jew- no synogogue has been required to marry a Christian.

Business's cannot discriminate based upon gender- yet the Catholic Church has never been forced to make women priests.

Houses of worship- and their priests- have always discriminated- and will continue to discriminate according to their religious tenants.

So what did the proposed Georgia bill do?

Official Summary:
A BILL to be entitled an Act to protect religious freedoms; to amend Chapter 3 of Title 19 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to marriage generally, so as to provide that religious officials shall not be required to perform marriage ceremonies in violation of their legal right to free exercise of religion; to amend Chapter 1 of Title 10 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to selling and other trade practices, so as to change certain provisions relating to days of rest for employees of business and industry; to protect property owners which are religious institutions against infringement of religious freedom; to define a term; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Priests, ministers, etc are no more required now to marry anyone than they were before. A minister can still refuse to marry someone because he is black, Mexican, Jewish, Christian, Muslim or Gay.

Since Christians customers are actually protected more completely by these laws than gay customers I think Christian entrepreneurs will do just fine.

You should get a refund on that crystal ball. It's busted.

Christian entreprenuers are doing just fine.

Now if they would just follow the Bible they wouldn't have to worry about being in conflict with the law

Romans 13New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
Obey Those in Authority
13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged. 3 If you do what is right, you won’t need to be afraid of your rulers. But watch out if you do what is wrong! You don’t want to be afraid of those in authority, do you? Then do what is right, and you will be praised. 4 The one in authority serves God for your good. But if you do wrong, watch out! Rulers don’t carry a sword for no reason at all. They serve God. And God is carrying out his anger through them. The ruler punishes anyone who does wrong. 5 You must obey the authorities. Then you will not be punished. You must also obey them because you know it is right.

It's great, how liberals like you try to invoke the bible when you've been cornered.

When have I been cornered?

Tell me exactly what part of Paul telling Christians to obey authority is not correct?

He was pretty specific:

13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen

2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged

5 You must obey the authorities. Then you will not be punished. You must also obey them because you know it is right.

Or are you one of those Christian's who only cherry picks from the Bible the instructions you feel like obeying?

Does anyone think that there are some kind of penalties imposed by law for failing to love or accept a gay family member or failing to treat them fairly?

I think that there should be penalties for murdering your son.

Why don't you?

Priests, ministers, etc are no more required now to marry anyone than they were before. A minister can still refuse to marry someone because he is black, Mexican, Jewish, Christian, Muslim or Gay.

Wrong. Deal has now sent the message that it is okay for a gay couple to walk into a church and demand they be married. That priests will no long receive protection from their government should such a situation arise.

Since Christians customers are actually protected more completely by these laws than gay customers I think Christian entrepreneurs will do just fine.

You should get a refund on that crystal ball. It's busted.

Christian entreprenuers are doing just fine.

Now if they would just follow the Bible they wouldn't have to worry about being in conflict with the law

Obey Those in Authority
13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged. 3 If you do what is right, you won’t need to be afraid of your rulers. But watch out if you do what is wrong! You don’t want to be afraid of those in authority, do you? Then do what is right, and you will be praised. 4 The one in authority serves God for your good. But if you do wrong, watch out! Rulers don’t carry a sword for no reason at all. They serve God. And God is carrying out his anger through them. The ruler punishes anyone who does wrong. 5 You must obey the authorities. Then you will not be punished. You must also obey them because you know it is right.

It's great, how liberals like you try to invoke the bible when you've been cornered.

When have I been cornered?

Tell me exactly what part of Paul telling Christians to obey authority is not correct?

He was pretty specific:

13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen

2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged

5 You must obey the authorities. Then you will not be punished. You must also obey them because you know it is right.

Or are you one of those Christian's who only cherry picks from the Bible the instructions you feel like obeying?

Here, I'll repeat it to you again. Read it till you're blue in the face.

Ephesians 6:7-8

7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

So, serve man and his laws, or serve God. What is a Christian to do?

Romans 12:2

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

It's also true and you have to know that. When was the time, any time that you saw any action for violating a personal right to love and acceptance?

You might find a family reprehensible for turning away a child but there is nothing to stop them from doing it.

Eh, you have parenting all wrong pal. There are Christians here who want to preserve the "family unit" as it were. Here you are wanting to tear it apart because one member is gay.

Family's family. I don't understand why you would simply throw your gay family member out on the street for being gay.

I think Tipsy really is just trolling.

But his promotion of hatred is so all over the place its hard to tell.

Wrong. Deal has now sent the message that it is okay for a gay couple to walk into a church and demand they be married.

Well you can interpret it anyway you want to.

That is no more the case than the 1965 Civil Rights Act made it okay for a black couple to walk into a Mormon Temple and demand to become full members.

Just fear mongering.

Don't believe any of it.

The right to marry would be one. But straights tried to use government power to establish their religion and prevent it.

But now gays and lesbians are trying to use that same government to establish it, and crush any religious objection to it.

Christians who follow the law- as the New Testament commands them to- have no religious objection to following the law

Obey Those in Authority

There is no Christian scholar on the planet gonna claim that God chooses politicians and blesses them with divine wisdom. ..

Why exactly do you not believe the New Testament?

It's perplexing how I've not been accused of "promoting hatred" when I make an argument for religious freedom. Am I?

Christians who follow the law- as the New Testament commands them to- have no religious objection to following the law

Obey Those in Authority

There is no Christian scholar on the planet gonna claim that God chooses politicians and blesses them with divine wisdom. ..

Why exactly do you not believe the New Testament?

I quoted two verses from the New Testament, but you don't seem to believe them either.

It's perplexing how I've not been accused of "promoting hatred" when I make an argument for religious freedom. Am I?
I am enjoying talking with you- Tipsy just appears to be either trolling- trying to piss people off without believing anything- or he is just a very wierd hater.

You are promoting a Conservative position I disagree with- I don't see you promoting anything like hatred.

Forum List

Back