Father hires virtual hitman to gun down son online

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Video game addiction cure? Father hires online snipers to virtually kill son.

the tale of a father whose unemployed 23-year-old son was allegedly devoting the bulk of his waking hours to an online war game. As the son's skills grew, he began to find that he could defeat almost all comers—until one day the young man found himself being cut down immediately every time he began the game. After a while, he began to suspect that something was up, and grilled his virtual assassins as to why they were targeting him. Eventually one let slip that he had been hired by the boy's father for just that purpose.

Kotaku East explains:

Unhappy with his son not finding a job, Feng decided to hire players in his son's favorite online games to hunt down Xiao Feng. It is unknown where or how Feng found the in-game assassins—every one of the players he hired were stronger and higher leveled than Xiao Feng. Feng's idea was that his son would get bored of playing games if he was killed every time he logged on, and that he would start putting more effort into getting a job.

Last edited:
actually, this gives me an idea for a business.

think of all the hours people put into this place, now imagine what it would be worth to your spouse to get you off of here and spending more time with them.

hmm

the tale of a father whose unemployed 23-year-old son was allegedly devoting the bulk of his waking hours to an online war game. As the son's skills grew, he began to find that he could defeat almost all comers—until one day the young man found himself being cut down immediately every time he began the game. After a while, he began to suspect that something was up, and grilled his virtual assassins as to why they were targeting him. Eventually one let slip that he had been hired by the boy's father for just that purpose.

Kotaku East explains:

Unhappy with his son not finding a job, Feng decided to hire players in his son's favorite online games to hunt down Xiao Feng. It is unknown where or how Feng found the in-game assassins—every one of the players he hired were stronger and higher leveled than Xiao Feng. Feng's idea was that his son would get bored of playing games if he was killed every time he logged on, and that he would start putting more effort into getting a job.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

good for dad!!!

Like Father, like son. "The plot apparently failed, as Xiao Feng refused to stop playing the game." I am not surprised the son is a loser, feed the outrageous behavior hoping it will stop. Poor parenting.

Take the fucking game away, kick the son's ass out of the fucking house and let him find out how to earn a living the hard way instead of babying the loafer.

Take the fucking game away, kick the son's ass out of the fucking house and let him find out how to earn a living the hard way instead of babying the loafer.

That's what I was just thinking. Kick him out onto the street.

Like Father, like son. "The plot apparently failed, as Xiao Feng refused to stop playing the game." I am not surprised the son is a loser, feed the outrageous behavior hoping it will stop. Poor parenting.

Yep.

...Feng's idea was that his son would get bored of playing games if he was killed every time he logged on, and that he would start putting more effort into getting a job.

Hasn't worked for the rw's here.

Kotaku East explains:

That dad is a legend.

Kotaku East explains:

That dad is a legend.

The dad's an idiot, actually. Whilst I agree that his heart is/was in the right place, he's a fool if he didn't suspect that this might blow-up in his face. And what a surprise, it did. He's back to square one, but now he's out of pocket with a son who's been humilated by his father's abject stupidity.

The dad gave it a shot, too bad it didn't work.

Next step? Full Riely* the video game and anything else the 'kid' is playing with.

* The full riley is a term someone coined that refers to one of the parenting techniques that Dr. Douglas Riley outlines in his book "The Defiant Child". It is only a part of what the entire book is about. It refers to stripping the child's room of it's "things" and making them earn them back, but is not the part and parcel of the book, only one thing used to get their attention so that other behavioral modifications can be used once the child realizes that you the parent are the boss.

The dad gave it a shot, too bad it didn't work.

Next step? Full Riely* the video game and anything else the 'kid' is playing with.

* The full riley is a term someone coined that refers to one of the parenting techniques that Dr. Douglas Riley outlines in his book "The Defiant Child". It is only a part of what the entire book is about. It refers to stripping the child's room of it's "things" and making them earn them back, but is not the part and parcel of the book, only one thing used to get their attention so that other behavioral modifications can be used once the child realizes that you the parent are the boss.

Shit

For a minute there I thought you were talking about the Full Monty

I hear you but let me add this to the information on the issue.

It is settled sceince that young people under 25 are not fully capable of acessing risk properly.

The fact is is humans do NOT have an adult brain until 25 years of age.

Society becomes more adn more complex every day.

There will come a time when humans will allow their offspring to be fully formed BEFORE they send them into the world.

There are many young people under 25 that can handle being on their own.

Hell I moved out on my own the day I turned 18.

I did fine.

The fact still remains that some dont and it is no shame if they dont.

Hang onto your kids as long as you need to to ensure they are going to swim and not sink.

It is brain wiring and pretending all humans are exactly alike is just fruitless.

another thing to consider is this kid OWNED the game system and daddy had no legal right to take it from him.

Many kids have had to return home in this economic fiasco.

I hear you but let me add this to the information on the issue.

It is settled sceince that young people under 25 are not fully capable of acessing risk properly.

The fact is is humans do NOT have an adult brain until 25 years of age.

Society becomes more adn more complex every day.

There will come a time when humans will allow their offspring to be fully formed BEFORE they send them into the world.

There are many young people under 25 that can handle being on their own.

Hell I moved out on my own the day I turned 18.

I did fine.

The fact still remains that some dont and it is no shame if they dont.

Hang onto your kids as long as you need to to ensure they are going to swim and not sink.

It is brain wiring and pretending all humans are exactly alike is just fruitless.

another thing to consider is this kid OWNED the game system and daddy had no legal right to take it from him.

Many kids have had to return home in this economic fiasco.

The father's brain is fully developed, the adult child need guidance and supervision not an enabler.

Rule of thumb, within reasonable parameters, "my house, my rules". Should the adult child pull this "legal" jewel out of his ass, he will find himself out on his ass.

Forum List

Back