CDZ Fashionable Idiocy and Steaks

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Cooking a Steak well done takes 60% longer than a medium thus reducing kitchen throughput. Muscle tissue contains neuro-toxins. The increasing rates of dementia as the undercooked and therefore more neuro-toxic meat fashion is not a coincidence. Degree of causality is so far indeterminate both because of genotype and other food borne diseases that are associated with undercooked meat that are also neuro-toxic.

How have people who are otherwise not thick as a brick been sold on the idea that higher profits for the cook equal better taste?

Are you able to google "neuro toxins in muscle tissue"? It was kind of a big story when anthropologists found that hominids ate cooked meat.

Are you able to google "neuro toxins in muscle tissue"? It was kind of a big story when anthropologists found that hominids ate cooked meat.

Actually, paleolithic man didn't cook meat. It was consumed raw. Actually, they preferred the organ meats, brain and bone marrow over the actual meat, but the whole animal was consumed.

In fact, when you examine isolated hunter/gatherer cultures, you'll find that all of them ate at least some animal foods raw.

Very little of the argument for or against a,particular level of doneness is anything other than a personal choice.

Those who like it less well done make an argument that more well done meat is dry, tough, or has no flavor. Those who prefer it more well done talk about the potential for disease or the chewyness with less well done steaks.

I prefer a steak medium-well done. Most of the places I go refuse to cook a steak less than medium.

The explanation of why they ate cooked meat is why hamburgers sold to the public must be cooked medium well for @ 20 years now . Rare meat ranks up there with leaded paint. Or do you think the Clinton administration were TEA partiers at heart.

Cooking a Steak well done takes 60% longer than a medium thus reducing kitchen throughput. Muscle tissue contains neuro-toxins. The increasing rates of dementia as the undercooked and therefore more neuro-toxic meat fashion is not a coincidence. Degree of causality is so far indeterminate both because of genotype and other food borne diseases that are associated with undercooked meat that are also neuro-toxic.

How have people who are otherwise not thick as a brick been sold on the idea that higher profits for the cook equal better taste?
Shouldn't this be in Satire? :dunno:

Shouldn't this be in Satire? :dunno:

Check with the mods

I really don't like grilled red meat anymore.

Now I broil it on each side for 10 mins and then bake it for another hour at 350F until so tender you can cut it with a fork.

I have read that there are neurotoxins in human flesh, cooked or raw.

Have not heard about it in any other meats however.

I have read that there are neurotoxins in human flesh, cooked or raw.

Have not heard about it in any other meats however.
I forget the name of the sugar polymer found in effectively all other animals but Cursorial hunters have much slower twitch muscle fibers. That's the why and how of Humans and their pet dogs herding cattle, horses, camels and elephants. The lack of that polymer may cause dogs/wolves and humans to produce other neuro-toxins that stay contained within the muscle fiber, I don't know

Very little of the argument for or against a,particular level of doneness is anything other than a personal choice.

Those who like it less well done make an argument that more well done meat is dry, tough, or has no flavor. Those who prefer it more well done talk about the potential for disease or the chewyness with less well done steaks.

I prefer a steak medium-well done. Most of the places I go refuse to cook a steak less than medium.
Wrong!

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
― Thomas Fuller

I'm not at all sure where this thread is supposed to go, or from whence it came....anyway, here goes....

The increasing rates of dementia as the undercooked and therefore more neuro-toxic meat fashion is not a coincidence.

What?

causality is so far indeterminate both because of genotype and other food borne diseases

When did a "genotype" become classified as a "food borne disease?"

Wait. Whaaat? Are you serious?
  • Do you truly want to know how it is that people who are largely stupid -- "not as thick as a brick" -- to begin with have been convinced of, frankly anything, but specifically the notion that paying a cook more will yield better tasting food?

Why/how might one be uncertain about how it is that fools can be convinced of "that " foolish notion as opposed to any other one? It really is just a matter of which inanity does one desire they believe and how ridiculous must one be to get them to do so.
Are there really people who think more monetary compensation, rather than more training and experience, will result in a cook cooking tastier food? What does someone think cooks think? "Oh, hell no. I'm not putting salt and rosemary in this dish. They don't pay me enough for that." LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back