Farmer on NPR said he couldn't find an American who would pick fruit...

You think those illegals are here without jobs? Agribusiness is the leading employer of illegals....Yet you want to claim it democrats? Are all those people democrats in agribusiness? I doubt very seriously they are....
No, you are correct. Dems and Repubics are both to blame.

It's the dems that are telling illegal mexican POS fuckers to vote in elections. That's the problem.

The pay is crap, the working conditions are crap but more than anything else, its just plain hard work.

That's why American's won't do it.

Thanks to RWNJs, family farms are going under. But, have no fear because pino trump's 1% buddies are right there, ready to buy them out for pennies on the dollar.

If that's all someone is capable of doing, they shouldn't get paid much.

Americans won't do it because people like you demand they get a check for sitting on their asses complaining about not wanting to do certain jobs. Get rid of the illegals doing it, offer those jobs to the Americans living on social welfare, and if they don't take them, stop the handouts. Solves two problems. Illegals gone and freeloaders no longer on the dole.

As of yet , I haven't seen a link to this story. However I'm noticing blax and browns at every corner. WTF is going on?

Republicans oppose migrants picking fruit and paying a living wage
Americans should oppose "migrants" (illegal mexicans) picking fruit and a living wage is impossible when illegal mexicans will pile into one house and live way below American standards of living getting cash under the table, which makes the market pay way too little for a "living wage."

Democrats/communists and GOP fuckers have been allowing illegal mexicans to invade and drive down wages to the point where Americans cannot make a living in the depressed market. The Commie Democrat solution is to steal the means of production. You should all be executed.

When have Republicans EVER advocated a higher wage for low skilled workers

They still oppose a minimum wage that hasn't been increased in nine years

How about 15 per hour plus partial benefits.....that's a start. No American should do that job for any less.
That is a very high number, enough to kill many millions of jobs.
Then let the jobs be killed.

Time to put your theory to the test.

Consider it a "Market Correction".
I can't afford fifteen bucks for a loaf of bread. No more GOP "experiments". Iraq, The Bush Tax cuts for the rich, defunding education, derivatives, cutting healthcare, and all the other GOP "experiments" are more than this country can bear.

Id gladly pay a little more if wages went up...pro life doesn't and at birth.
/----/ Proving once again Libs can'y run a Kool Aid stand without adult supervision.
Customers are willing to pay a premium only on high quality, fresh sliced pears (and not for ordinary fruit due to high labor costs)
September 11th, 2017
A premium price Recently, a willingness-to-pay study has shown that consumers are willing to pay up to 20 cents more for high-quality, sliced, fresh packed pears
Do you know your labor costs?

Id gladly pay a little more if wages went up...pro life doesn't and at birth.
/----/ Proving once again Libs can'y run a Kool Aid stand without adult supervision.
Customers are willing to pay a premium only on high quality, fresh sliced pears (and not for ordinary fruit due to high labor costs)
September 11th, 2017
A premium price Recently, a willingness-to-pay study has shown that consumers are willing to pay up to 20 cents more for high-quality, sliced, fresh packed pears
Do you know your labor costs?
Your link has nothing to do with your post.

Americans should oppose "migrants" (illegal mexicans) picking fruit and a living wage is impossible when illegal mexicans will pile into one house and live way below American standards of living getting cash under the table, which makes the market pay way too little for a "living wage."

Democrats/communists and GOP fuckers have been allowing illegal mexicans to invade and drive down wages to the point where Americans cannot make a living in the depressed market. The Commie Democrat solution is to steal the means of production. You should all be executed.

We applaud higher wages for low skill workers provided it's market driven and not federal government driven.

Last edited:
The Democrat Party's embrace of blacks cost them the South.

The Democrat Party's embrace of illegal aliens cost them the Midwest and the Rust Belt.

With the Western states already solidly Republican, that leaves the Democrats with the Pacific Coast, the Northeast, and Hawaii.
You think those illegals are here without jobs? Agribusiness is the leading employer of illegals....Yet you want to claim it democrats? Are all those people democrats in agribusiness? I doubt very seriously they are....

No, they are not. The Democrats have different reasons for being so pro-immigrant.

Last edited:
...he said an American tried it and gave up after one box.

Question.

How much does this farmer pay a fruit picker to pick one box of fruit?

Obviously, just enough to entice an illegal alien, but not enough to entice an American who has other employment options.

Solution.

Pay your workers more, enough so someone can actually live off what you are paying him, maybe enough for groceries, rent, utilties, with a little extra left to go to the movies on Saturday.

Illegal aliens don't need that. They live 12 to an apartment, eat rice and beans, and send the rest of their money to their families in Mexico or Central America.

So, the farmer wants us to let in illegal aliens so he doesn't have to pay a living wage for an American.

So, why are the Democrats AGAINST a living wage for American workers?

This is why Trump won the election, because American workers realized the Democrats have abandoned them.

Why are you always such a big liar?

I heard the exact same NPR interview that you did- with an apple farmer in Michigan- who hires nothing but legal workers.

He actually talked about how when he has hired Americans to work the farm, they last about an hour. Not because of the money, but because he has a hard time finding Americans willing to do that kind of work.

This farmer never once said he wanted illegal aliens in America.

You are just lying.

Because- well- thats what you do.

The Democrat Party's embrace of blacks cost them the South.

The Democrat Party's embrace of illegal aliens cost them the Midwest and the Rust Belt.

With the Western states already solidly Republican, that leaves the Democrats with the Pacific Coast, the Northeast, and Hawaii.

No, they are not. The Democrats have different reasons for being so pro-immigrant.

The farmer Blackrook heard on the radio - and lied about- said he voted for Trump.

No, you are correct. Dems and Repubics are both to blame.

It's the dems that are telling illegal mexican POS fuckers to vote in elections. That's the problem.

LOL- except of course that is just another lie.

...he said an American tried it and gave up after one box.

Question.

How much does this farmer pay a fruit picker to pick one box of fruit?

Obviously, just enough to entice an illegal alien, but not enough to entice an American who has other employment options.

Solution.

Pay your workers more, enough so someone can actually live off what you are paying him, maybe enough for groceries, rent, utilties, with a little extra left to go to the movies on Saturday.

Illegal aliens don't need that. They live 12 to an apartment, eat rice and beans, and send the rest of their money to their families in Mexico or Central America.

So, the farmer wants us to let in illegal aliens so he doesn't have to pay a living wage for an American.

So, why are the Democrats AGAINST a living wage for American workers?

This is why Trump won the election, because American workers realized the Democrats have abandoned them.

Why are you always such a big liar?

I heard the exact same NPR interview that you did- with an apple farmer in Michigan- who hires nothing but legal workers.

He actually talked about how when he has hired Americans to work the farm, they last about an hour. Not because of the money, but because he has a hard time finding Americans willing to do that kind of work.

This farmer never once said he wanted illegal aliens in America.

You are just lying.

Because- well- thats what you do.
Hell I'd pick dim apples just for keeps...

We applaud higher wages for low skill workers provided it's market driven and not federal government driven.
Wait a second. You think without a minimum wage, workers will get paid more?

Well that's one of the most stupid things I ever, ever heard by a right winger at the USMB. Ever.

More pay always equals more productivity. Less pay always equals less. There are some wacko freak not my fellow Americans who believe one should be productive no matter the wage...they hate America.

I'm not saying raise the minimum wage.

I'm saying, eliminate the competition from immigrant workers, and let American workers benefit from the resulting labor shortage.

And you would end up paying them at least $15/hr.

That is back breaking labor, but when I hung dry wall, I was making about $28 an hour.

Cant see doing agricultural labor for any less as that too is about what would make it worth it to Americans.

The pay is crap, the working conditions are crap but more than anything else, its just plain hard work.

That's why American's won't do it.

Thanks to RWNJs, family farms are going under. But, have no fear because pino trump's 1% buddies are right there, ready to buy them out for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, I'm sure of it.

Americans will do any job for the proper compensation. Up north in these ungodly winters, I see linemen out in -0 degree weather during snow storms with winds 30mph on polls restoring electric power. I see the same in such weather repairing water lines.

The supply and demand system is the most perfect when it comes to employment. If you can't find workers,you need to increase your offers. If you find many workers, you are probably paying too much.

The system works good until you throw a monkey wrench into it like unions or immigrants. Then it F's up everything.
electrical work in Massachusetts charge $100 bucks an hour for the customer....those guys on polls in frigid weather get a pretty penny in the north, and THAT'S why they do it....

Plumbing work is also $100 an hour there, and this was 10 years ago....

Picking fruit is a much much harder job in the physical sense! the workers will have back problems and arthritis and many other painful ailments when they get older and if the Farmer does not contribute towards their health insurance, that's another expense that a $12.50 an hour job worker can not pay on that kind of money....

We who live here will get hit with higher prices on our food....shoot, $15 an hour with no benefits is not enough for any American to take this hard labor job....

Besides, THEY DON'T LIVE near the middle of nowhere farm land, the ones unemployed live near metropolitan area for the most part...you gotta pay an American a lot more money to be able to move themselves to a new area, find a home to rent, a car to drive, insurance etc....

I don't think $20 an hour with no benefits, is even enough....

And who in the world when they are young and strong, will want to live in the middle of farm land in the middle of nowhere? who would waste their youth picking veggies and fruit, when this would be the time to find a career path and the learning period of their future?

WHY don't the farmers apply for the visa for Migrant workers?

Forum List

Back