Fanatical Feminism

I'm truely unaware of any pressure ever applied to young women to keep them from having families. Much of the work that went on was about valuing a stay at home mom's work, as well as sharing the housework and childcare duties between two working parents.

In this vein, yes I know of some extremists who "opposed relationships with men" but IRL, I don't know a single woman who found this appealing, nevermind persuasive. This "branch" of feminism came and went in a few years, and did little other than marginalize "Ms magazine".

Unhappy families fit in because in the 1950's, a single woman and her kids had very little hope. No child support, possibly no divorce, no career options, no child care.....I think things are better now, overall.

It is interesting stuff to discuss, Political Chic....your Ops always are.

1. Ubiquitous in the writing of Second Wave Feminists, let me repeat, with emphasis:
"Logical as it seems that women should be prepared for events such as divorce and widowhood, marriage and family may reduce opportunities for outside work or education. But the solution, according to Simone de Beauvoir in an interview with Betty Friedan is “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.” “Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma,” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p. 18.
a. Like all totalitarian movements, the goal is not to give more freedom, but to take away choice.

2. "...some extremists who "opposed relationships with men" but IRL, I don't know a single woman who found this appealing, nevermind persuasive."

a. From Robin Morgan (current editor of MS magazine) "I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." -- Robin Morgan

b. "All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French Author, "The Women's Room"

c. "Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies." -- Andrea Dworkin

d. "[Rape] is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear" -- Susan Brownmiller (Against Our Will p. 6)

3. "...I think things are better now, overall."
That is not in dispute.

I notice you didn't give a link for those quotes. Why?

At a guess, I'd say because they're from this medium called "books". Not everyone thinks truth resides only on the Internet. Visit a library sometime. Sheesh.

How about this. We will fight for the rights of women who want them, and you can live your life the way you want to.

Excuse me? You think you have the authority to negotiate deals "generously allowing" me to live my life the way I want to? Get the fuck over yourself. I can ALREADY live my life the way I want to, so why do I have to make any concessions to you?

How about THIS? You fight for the rights of yourself, and stop trying to pretend you're acting in my name without my permission, and I"ll go right on living my life without you pompously trying to take credit for it.

you should take your own advice and get the fuck over your own self, sweetcheeks.

just a thought :lol:

How about this. We will fight for the rights of women who want them, and you can live your life the way you want to.

Excuse me? You think you have the authority to negotiate deals "generously allowing" me to live my life the way I want to? Get the fuck over yourself. I can ALREADY live my life the way I want to, so why do I have to make any concessions to you?

How about THIS? You fight for the rights of yourself, and stop trying to pretend you're acting in my name without my permission, and I"ll go right on living my life without you pompously trying to take credit for it.
:wtf:

:wtf:

she's got some anger issues she's working through

slowly

1. Ubiquitous in the writing of Second Wave Feminists, let me repeat, with emphasis:
"Logical as it seems that women should be prepared for events such as divorce and widowhood, marriage and family may reduce opportunities for outside work or education. But the solution, according to Simone de Beauvoir in an interview with Betty Friedan is “No woman should be authorized to stay at home and raise her children. Society should be totally different. Women should not have that choice precisely because if there is such a choice, too many women will make that one.” “Sex, Society, and the Female Dilemma,” Saturday Review, June 14, 1975, p. 18.
a. Like all totalitarian movements, the goal is not to give more freedom, but to take away choice.

2. "...some extremists who "opposed relationships with men" but IRL, I don't know a single woman who found this appealing, nevermind persuasive."

a. From Robin Morgan (current editor of MS magazine) "I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." -- Robin Morgan

b. "All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French Author, "The Women's Room"

c. "Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies." -- Andrea Dworkin

d. "[Rape] is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear" -- Susan Brownmiller (Against Our Will p. 6)

3. "...I think things are better now, overall."
That is not in dispute.

I notice you didn't give a link for those quotes. Why?

At a guess, I'd say because they're from this medium called "books". Not everyone thinks truth resides only on the Internet. Visit a library sometime. Sheesh.

I've already proven why the link wasn't given. Dumbass.

I can see why politicalchic didn't give a link for her quotes:

Feminism - Conservapedia

If you're too embarrassed to source it shouldn't that be enough to not use it as a source?

When unable to argue, put words in the other person's mouth so you can argue against THEM. - CurveLightapedia

I see you're such a stoopid fuck you completely missed the fact a quote attributed to Dworkin actually came from a fictional character. I'd put my dick in your mouth but I have no interest in sperm banks.

Fanatical feminists can be as self-centered as stay-at-home soccer moms who are constantly hammering their children to excel and win win WIN.

What I admire most in a woman is those who manage to balance a job and their families, and honestly enjoy both. An employer can tell if a woman is only doing a half-ass job because she'd rather be home; a kid can tell if its mother is only doing a half-ass job to impress the other mothers on the block.

Its 2010. Is this still really an issue?

FFS, the last Presidential election was essentially a contest between a black man and a woman.

edit - and the next Presidential election will probably be between a black man and a loopy woman or a Mormon.

Last edited:
Fanatical feminists can be as self-centered as stay-at-home soccer moms who are constantly hammering their children to excel and win win WIN.

What I admire most in a woman is those who manage to balance a job and their families, and honestly enjoy both. An employer can tell if a woman is only doing a half-ass job because she'd rather be home; a kid can tell if its mother is only doing a half-ass job to impress the other mothers on the block.
I also admire those who know their limitations in one realm or the other and make a choice to do one or the other, and to do it well.

I like having choice. A lot. I feel human and free when I have that.

Feminism has ruined countless lives.
As with all ideals...there are good things and bad things - American feminism expanded the bad things and only marginally effected success in the good things.

I'm not sure about "only marginally effected success in the good things" but I certainly agree with you about where it has gone wrong.

And Alice Walker, still a feminist with convictions, spotlights a major problem: dissolution of family structure.

Further, the joined-at-the-hip accommodations with political liberalism has blunted much of the good that could have been done.

Given the aspiration to remake humanity, based on the mistaken belief that there are not differences between the sexes, the movement must be totalitarian.
a. Gender equality requires an assault on hierarchies.
b. The enormous increase in government that would be needed to produce the changes in humanity has to obliterate the boundaries between public and private, and between the emotional and the intellectual.
c. The result must, of course, be anti-bourgeois, anti-capitalist, anti-family, anti- religion, and anti-intellectual.

Ah, I was waiting for your political take on the subject. So how would you react if the hierarchies remained in place where the little woman is expected to stay home, do the cooking and cleaning, barefoot and pregnant, given your own intellectual prowess? You would be climbing walls, I think.

PoliticalChic said:
4. I am only too happy to attack any 'feminists' who:

a. insist that women must have a career at the expense of the choice of having a family. The OP and related article bear witness to this path to "manufacture misery."

b. find that, commensurate with the positive changes brought about by feminism, the distruction of the family unit, and opposition to interdependance with male members thereof, and of morality is necessary.

I don't see that happening on any large scale, nor did I ever witness any feminist of the 60's era trying to force a woman to abandon her family for a career. There might have been a certain amount of intimidation, but I also recall such feminist loudmouths getting shouted down by women who either chose both a career and a family, or just a family. Even NOW isn't anywhere near as powerful a voice as it was in the 60's and 70's.

Women are women. We've always known we have dual roles to play in a world designed around men. Men? Not so much, even today.

Did you have a point, other than that you can't find and keep a man?

How misogynistic of you, to equate a woman's worth with her ability to "find and keep a man".
No more misogynistic than CON$ equating a woman's intelligence with whether she has a "smart guy around to keep 'em in line."

July 22, 2008
RUSH: when men are around, women get smarter and that when men leave, women get stupid? I mean, we could look at this data any way you want, folks, is what I'm trying to say here. So women who get divorced get dumber 'cause there's no smart guy around to keep 'em in line politically. Married women are obviously smarter. Married women are obviously more conservative. Single, divorced, widowed, separated women, no man around, the brain goes south.

Of course ol' Rush is working on his fourth marriage now. :lol:

:confused: I think that's what she said, in a less angry tone.

no surprise to read hear that a few women on this board hate men.

And the woman's movement is just another thing that needs to die.

I have a question though. If you're so equal, why aren't women required to enroll with selective services at 18?

Which posters are those?

.... And the woman's movement is just another thing that needs to die.

I have a question though. If you're so equal, why aren't women required to enroll with selective services at 18?
If one assumes the government makes rational regulations all of the time, you may have a point.

PC...why are you always trying to set women against each other?

Who knows what problems these two women have with each other...to blame it on feminism is beyond stupid.

Which posters are those?

.... And the woman's movement is just another thing that needs to die.

If one assumes the government makes rational regulations all of the time, you may have a point.

One must NEVER assume that the government is gong to make a rationale decision, but that doesn't change my point. Why aren't these women asking for women to be required to sign up for selective service if they want to be equal?

Because they are just like any other group which claims they want equal rights, no they don't. They in fact want unequal rights, they just want THEIR group to be the one on top.

Forum List

Back