High Fructose Corn Syrup is Now Corn Sugar

Of course they have and they seem to be succeeding. Many of the "no corn sweetener" products in the grocery stores are slowly disappearing although cost may have a lot to do with that. Corn sweetened products are generally cheaper than sugar sweetened products.

Of course they have and they seem to be succeeding. Many of the "no corn sweetener" products in the grocery stores are slowly disappearing although cost may have a lot to do with that. Corn sweetened products are generally cheaper than sugar sweetened products.

Thanks to protectionism.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Corn is government subsidized. And in addition corn syrup is also subsidized.
It was long ago a chosen crop to hold down food prices.

Corn has not been subsidized for over a decade.

Corn Syrup is domestic & cheap. Nutritional value is the same as sugar (bad).

If it's that great it wouldn't need the government to protect it from sugar's competition.

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
Published: November 9, 2005
RALSTON, Iowa, Nov. 4 - As Iowa finishes harvesting its second-largest corn crop in history, Roger Fray is racing to cope with the most visible challenge arising from the United States' ballooning farm subsidy program: the mega-corn pile.

~
Most of that money will flow to corn growers. Based on loan-deficiency rates that have recently topped 50 cents a bushel, the government probably will pay corn farmers about $4.5 billion this year in that subsidy category alone, said Bob Young, the chief economist for the American Farm Bureau Federation.

Just the first hit I got.
Mountains of Corn and a Sea of Farm Subsidies - New York Times

Fructose is not the same as sucrose. It is processed in the body differently. If they were the same chemist wouldn't given different chemical formulas and different names.
The food industry in this country is using it as a cheap filler in just about everything. Not long ago I bought a package of sea weed salad mix from a Japanese grocery store. I looked at the label and found that there was corn syrup in the dressing.

Fructose is not the same as sucrose. It is processed in the body differently. If they were the same chemist wouldn't given different chemical formulas and different names.
The food industry in this country is using it as a cheap filler in just about everything. Not long ago I bought a package of sea weed salad mix from a Japanese grocery store. I looked at the label and found that there was corn syrup in the dressing.

They're not that different. Sucrose is a disaccaharride composed of one molecule of fructose and one molecule of glucose. So while sucrose is only 50% fructose, they really aren't processed any differently once the bond between the the two is broken.

I can't remember the last time i ate anything with HFCS in it.

Do yourselves a favor and stop eating processed shit then you won't have to worry about what kind of crap is being put in your food.

Do yourselves a favor and stop eating processed shit then you won't have to worry about what kind of crap is being put in your food.

indeed. we (my family) are close to being able to make everything we eat from scratch.

I don't allow anyone in my family to buy food that has hfcs or trans fat

Forum List

Back