Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids (here we go again wow)

What are you going on by? its illegal to discrimination against gay people hence why the court rule in her favor...

Go back to the USA Today link that YOU posted and read again. The judgment was based on the First Amendment... the right to free speech. This was NOT a discrimination case.

It's a problematic ruling too, if you ask me. Because it sets a precedent whereby schools cannot set rules which might affect free speech or expression. There's no difference between this girl wanting to wear a tux and bring her girlfriend and the football team showing up in prom dresses, the Goths in black vampire capes, and the chess club wearing full medieval armor. It's all "freedom of expression" isn't it? :eusa_eh:
It ends up being a zoo.

A precedent like that, could mean the end of school-sponsored social functions for districts all across the country who can ill afford to fool with legal challenges and headaches.

btw... you can all wring your hankies out now. The 30 grand she got in scholarship money on the Ellen Degeneris show probably took the sting out of it for her. I wonder how much more cash she'll make before it's all said and done?
There's more dough in activism than I thought. :lol:

btw... you can all wring your hankies out now. The 30 grand she got in scholarship money on the Ellen Degeneris show probably took the sting out of it for her. I wonder how much more cash she'll make before it's all said and done?
There's more dough in activism than I thought. :lol:

Did she get money from Ellen cause she's lesbian? :eusa_whistle:

These people are despicable. They'll get what's coming to them if there is any justice in the world.

Sad thing is they think their sick fuck god they worship wants them to do shit like this.

I do not believe this is a religious issue, but I'm not surprised someone is trying to make it one.

A lot of anti homosexual people use religion as a reason why they claim its wrong, so don't tell me its not about religion when they use it to attempt to claim god doesn't want it and homosexuality is wrong

um it is wrong. It's inherently selfish.

oh please this is discrimination as much as you don't want to admit it. are you part of the school? if that was true... than why did she win her court???? they violated her rights

Could you cite the court case that she allegedly won? My understanding is that the case never went to Court because the school quickly flipped on the issue.

There was no discrimination. They were invited. They showed up. The other teenagers decided not to attend. Unless you are somehow arguing that the Government should force teenagers to go to their proms, you have absolutely no case.

""It would be hard for him to move it," she said. "A lot of people would be inconvenienced."

Davidson ruled the school board violated McMillen's rights. "The Court finds this expression and communication of her viewpoint is the type of speech that falls squarely within the purview of the First Amendment," Davidson wrote in his opinion.

Judge: Lesbian student's rights violated - USATODAY.com

anymore comments you want to look like a fool?

So what your saying is I was correct and then she sued to force the prom to occur. And now you guys think it's somehow evil that the other students decided not to go.

Hate to tell you once again but here goes:
The principal and school board told this girl she could not go to the prom with her female date. That was their rule.
All of this after the court case was not school sponsored prom.
What I speak of is the prom that was canceled.
All because the girl is honest and wanted to be like the other kids that took their dates.
How hard is that for you to understand?
If the schol allowed equalityfrom the start none lf this would have happened.
So either you oppose or favor equal rights. Which is it or do we have to prepare once again for a twist, distort, slant and side step?

I favor equal rights and in this case, they were given.

The straight girls at the school couldn't take a female date either or dress in a tux.

What are you going on by? its illegal to discrimination against gay people hence why the court rule in her favor...

The Court ruling you cited said that was about free speech and not discrimination.

Don't know your own sources do you?

LOL. You will never get it.
You just gave us another example of unequal protection under the law.
It is not about gay or straight. It is about equal rights.
Equal rights means you can take any other human to the prom.

No. Equal rights means that the same rules that apply to one person apply to everyone.

That was always the case.

Y'all are such dumb sheep. Like this is an issue. Glad y'all fall for the divisiveness our government perpetuates to smokescreen them ripping us off blind, as an institution.

Heterosexuals have rights too, just in case any of you fag hags forgot that.

Oh dear...the poor poor heterosexuals' rights were being taken away by the government. Or...wait...what heterosexuals' rights were taken away, Gunny?

Y'all are such dumb sheep. Like this is an issue. Glad y'all fall for the divisiveness our government perpetuates to smokescreen them ripping us off blind, as an institution.

Oh dear...the poor poor heterosexuals' rights were being taken away by the government. Or...wait...what heterosexuals' rights were taken away, Gunny?

No they exercised their rights quite nicely. Unfortunately, you guys seem to think that them exercising their right not to go to prom is some sort of despicable thing.

No they exercised their rights quite nicely. Unfortunately, you guys seem to think that them exercising their right not to go to prom is some sort of despicable thing.

Better talk to Gunny about that...he seems to think that some heterosexuals' rights were being threatened.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of "Inherently selfish"...

Avatar do you have some repressed homosexual desires that they keep in check, thus you would be "selfish" if you acted on them?

um it is wrong. It's inherently selfish.

Well, that's an interesting comment. Please, elaborate.

From a religious point of view. God did not intend for same sex people to fornicate. It is considered a sin. By definition a sin is something that is hurtful to yourself, society and God. Sex outside of marriage is sin. Since marriage is considered to be between a man and a woman, this is considered wrong. Don't give me crap about want-to-be religions that tolerate such foolishness. You want to state your opinion, go ahead. You want to chagne my belief system? Not happening.

Better talk to Gunny about that...he seems to think that some heterosexuals' rights were being threatened.

They are. By you guys who think that they should be forced to attend by the barrel of a gun.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of "Inherently selfish"...

Avatar do you have some repressed homosexual desires that they keep in check, thus you would be "selfish" if you acted on them?

Silly me. I thought you could think about the subject.

Immorality is inherently selfish.

Selfish

1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others

But please don't bother to look at reality here. After all, your deflections are going well with you so far.

Take the situation for what is truly is. A high school girl wants to be accepted for your sexual preference. She decides to manipulate the school and students into meeting her expectations. The school, parents and students were not interested. So, by force of a judge's decision, they have to have the prom.

The other students had three choices, go to the prom, stay home or have an alternative event. I think the students should sue her for having to miss the prom they invisioned for themselves. The selfish act of one person caused damage to many.

Take the situation for what is truly is. A high school girl wants to be accepted for your sexual preference. She decides to manipulate the school and students into meeting her expectations. The school, parents and students were not interested. So, by force of a judge's decision, they have to have the prom.

The other students had three choices, go to the prom, stay home or have an alternative event. I think the students should sue her for having to miss the prom they invisioned for themselves. The selfish act of one person caused damage to many.

I think proms will become a think of the past now. It's probably time anyway. I can't believe how much kids spend on their proms in this poor economic times. It was nothing like that during my school years.

They are. By you guys who think that they should be forced to attend by the barrel of a gun.
Now you're just lying. No one thinks that. Rather they think that students that attend the school should be able to participate in school functions. Even the retarded students.

Bullies suck and that is what the school is...a bully.

Now you're just lying. No one thinks that. Rather they think that students that attend the school should be able to participate in school functions. Even the retarded students.

Bullies suck and that is what the school is...a bully.

The alternative party was a school sanctioned event? Widely understood to take place is very different from what you suggested. Just who did they bully again? The kids that choose to attend the prom? The kids that went to the alternative party were pressured to not go to the prom? Define bully please, I don't see that term fitting here at all.

Could you cite the court case that she allegedly won? My understanding is that the case never went to Court because the school quickly flipped on the issue.

There was no discrimination. They were invited. They showed up. The other teenagers decided not to attend. Unless you are somehow arguing that the Government should force teenagers to go to their proms, you have absolutely no case.

""It would be hard for him to move it," she said. "A lot of people would be inconvenienced."

Davidson ruled the school board violated McMillen's rights. "The Court finds this expression and communication of her viewpoint is the type of speech that falls squarely within the purview of the First Amendment," Davidson wrote in his opinion.

Judge: Lesbian student's rights violated - USATODAY.com

anymore comments you want to look like a fool?

So what your saying is I was correct and then she sued to force the prom to occur. And now you guys think it's somehow evil that the other students decided not to go.

Do you always make it up as you go?
The facts do not support any of your arguments.
She sued because they had a rule that she could not go and that she could not wear a tuxedo. The school argued that they had a right to not hold the prom.
The court ruled her free speech rights were violated. Free speech was going to the prom with her date and wearing what was appropriate FOR ANYONE ELSE.

Forum List

Back