Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids (here we go again wow)

You just don't get it. god... the fact of the matter public school cannot make a rule agasint the Constitution they did and they the ones who cancel the prom they there runs who promoted hate and they rhere runs to tell the school that was her fault.

this is what bullies do. you just don't get through your think skull. In as for the dress code did not violet anything.

What part of the U.S. Constitution are you talking about? Doesn't it seem odd to you that the ACLU sued on the basis of "free speech" instead of "discrimination"??? :eusa_eh:

Fact is... there's no "equal protection" that applies in this case.
Hot Air Blog Archive Lesbian teen wins lawsuit against school that canceled prom, sort of

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to exercise free speech.

The difference is most people don't use free speech to ostracize two little girls from their community.

No, you just do it to ostracize anyone who doesnt just worship your ideas whether they are "little girls" or adults.

BTW, on what planet are teenagers of prom age little girls?

They threatened to ruin the prom for everyone else. So why on earth would anyone else want to go with them or invite them to a party? Why would anyone want to be around someone so selfish?

You're right, it isn't against the law.

It's just fucking despicable.

Like I said, Lesbians and disabled people should descend on that town like locusts. Maybe stage a giant sit in in the middle of town, with as much public display of affection as possible.

They'll just be exercising their right to free speech too, now won't they?
That applies if the school wasn't involved in both proms.

But yes, it is nasty of all involved.

Throwing a party isnt nasty at all. Not going to prom isn't nasty.

You just don't like the fact that these people chose not to allow you to force your ideals onto them.
What I don't like is the students are being taught that lesbians and learning disabled people are not good enough to associate with.

Oh, and I missed this little gem in my last response:

So attempting to ruin the prom for the other kids is perfectly alright. But the other kids not showing up to the prom is despicable?

See, here's where your problem lies Avatar...

How exactly is attempting to go to your own prom, "Ruining it for everyone else"????

I can just hear them (and you) now:

"Well, we don't want any of those nasty (insert race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation here) at our prom. Why are they trying to come anyway? Just to ruin it for everyone else?"

Mississippi obviously hasn't improved at all has it?

Last edited:
oh please this is discrimination as much as you don't want to admit it. are you part of the school? if that was true... than why did she win her court???? they violated her rights

Could you cite the court case that she allegedly won? My understanding is that the case never went to Court because the school quickly flipped on the issue.

There was no discrimination. They were invited. They showed up. The other teenagers decided not to attend. Unless you are somehow arguing that the Government should force teenagers to go to their proms, you have absolutely no case.

Where do you get your facts?
Judge Davidson ruled that her rights were violated with the tuxedo rule and the denial to take any date rule of the school board.
Davidson ruled the school district did not have to hold a prom.
On wearing the tuxedo AND bringing a same sex date the Court found:
"The court finds that this expression and communication of her viewpoint is the type of speech that falls squarely within of the First Amendment."
This ruling rightly sets a legal precedent for gay and lesbian students all over the country that they have the right to take a same sex couple to a prom and girls can wear a tuxedo.
The case is set for trial on damages.

No, you just do it to ostracize anyone who doesnt just worship your ideas whether they are "little girls" or adults.

They threatened to ruin the prom for everyone else. So why on earth would anyone else want to go with them or invite them to a party? Why would anyone want to be around someone so selfish?

That's right, I do use it to criticize ignorant assholes who make themselves feel more important, by discriminating against minorities.

I'll happily do that any day.

And again, how the fuck is trying to go to their own prom "ruining it for everyone else"? Hmm?

Last edited:
I don't understand the uproar. Seems like conservative values at work.

You are wrong once again. Please show me where the school is arguing about the dress code in this case. That is not what their lawyers argued in court. Not one thing about the dress code.
But you knew that already and are attempting to twist, distort, side step, slant and avoid the issues.
These are the facts if you are interested:
The school board HAD always banned same sex couples going to the prom in the past. FACT.
The school board did tell the girl she could NOT bring the other girl as her date and that SHE was not allowed to wear a tuxedo. NO WHERE was there any ban for any other girl wearing a tuxedo. They never made that argument or the dress code argument in court.
The school's attorneys stated that the girl did inform the principal at the school that she planned to bring her girlfriend and the principal told her it was not allowed. Nothing about the tuxedo in that discussion.
Are you claiming it is okay for the school to tell your daughter not to wear a tuxedo to the prom? What is wrong with that?
All this girl wanted was to go to the prom with her date like all of the other kids.
40 years from now you will look back on this and see how silly these "adults" acted.
They should be ashamed of themselves.

Actually, if it wasn't for the tuxedo... she probably wouldn't have won her case.
Hot Air Blog Archive Lesbian teen wins lawsuit against school that canceled prom, sort of

And, IMHO... it's her parents who should be ashamed of themselves. They failed to protect this kid from her own poor judgment. And now, she's probably got every kid in town mad at her. The course of her life is changed and who knows whether it'll be for good or ill.. all over a stupid high school prom.

To all those that are offended by my language and demeanor in this thread, I apologize.

For some reason this thing really got me riled up.

I guess I'm just thinking about how I would feel if my next child is a daughter, and ended up in this situation.

I think that if I were the parent of one of these girls, I would have gotten angry enough to do something drastic.

(*Edited several times to remove my own offensive material.)

Last edited:
On the contrary, she probably had more fun than she would have at the other "prom". The school didn't discriminate, everyone was invited to that prom, it's not their fault that most of the student body chose not to attend. And from what I read, not all of them in attendance at that prom were disabled. So the Prom was smaller than she expected, probably made it a lot more fun, in my opinion, but then I hate crowds.

Oh COME ON!

Do you think anyone didn't see through their little transparent trick? Including the girls involved, who are just trying to make the best out of a bad situation?

They're a bunch of piss-ants, and I think that there should be a large gathering of people expressing their freedom of speech rights going to that town very soon.

Feel free, but don't forget to get your permit and do it legally.

I guess I'm just thinking about how I would if my next child is a daughter, and ended up in this situation.

I think that if I were the parent of one of these girls, I would have gotten angry enough to do something drastic.

Hopefully, if that ever happens, you'll act in the best interest of your child and not in the best interest of socio-political ideology. Kids aren't equipped to deal with the fallout of activism on social issues in any but the most cursory of ways.

These people are despicable. They'll get what's coming to them if there is any justice in the world.

Sad thing is they think their sick fuck god they worship wants them to do shit like this.

That's right, I do use it to criticize ignorant assholes who make themselves feel more important, by discriminating against minorities.

I'll happily do that any day.

And again, how the fuck is trying to go to their own prom "ruining it for everyone else"? Hmm?

They weren't discriminated against. They were invited to the prom.

They were trying to ruin it by turning it into a political issue and suing the school. They ruined it by simply not complying with the dang rules to begin with. Oh so they have to wear a dress. Big freaking deal.

But no, instead of simply wearing the dress, they turn it into a political issue for 15 mins of fame. Sounds like someone I want to invite to a party. Seriously.

These people are despicable. They'll get what's coming to them if there is any justice in the world.

Sad thing is they think their sick fuck god they worship wants them to do shit like this.

I agree. you people are despicable. And you will get whats coming to you. Which makes me rather sad.

To all those that are offended by my language and demeanor in this thread, I apologize.

For some reason this thing really got me riled up.

I guess I'm just thinking about how I would feel if my next child is a daughter, and ended up in this situation.

(*Edited several times to remove my own offensive material.)

What would you do? Start killing all the kids who decided not to go to their prom?

I don't understand the uproar. Seems like conservative values at work.

Im surprised you arent upset. People freely choosing not to attend an event isnt something you generally like.

But you are right. Freedom is clearly at work here. People just dont like it because the teenagers involved made a choice they didn't like.

I tried to go with my dog to my prom... my high school wouldn't let me.

I should have been allowed to go to my own prom.

I do not believe this is a religious issue, but I'm not surprised someone is trying to make it one.

I do not believe this is a religious issue, but I'm not surprised someone is trying to make it one.

A lot of anti homosexual people use religion as a reason why they claim its wrong, so don't tell me its not about religion when they use it to attempt to claim god doesn't want it and homosexuality is wrong

Funny how the ACLU is quick to defend the rights of students in the GLBT community while at the same time try and censor the rights of students to include a prayer in their graduation ceremony.

If you want to throw red herrings, try equating Gays to Blacks.

All sorts of outrage will prevail.

Shogun will even leave his tree-fort to participate.

it's funny to me to watch you react to how much I've affected you, sammy.

Forum List

Back