Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids (here we go again wow)

To all those that are offended by my language and demeanor in this thread, I apologize.

For some reason this thing really got me riled up.

I guess I'm just thinking about how I would feel if my next child is a daughter, and ended up in this situation.

I think that if I were the parent of one of these girls, I would have gotten angry enough to do something drastic.

(*Edited several times to remove my own offensive material.)

What would you do? Start killing all the kids who decided not to go to their prom?

I really have no idea what I'd do... I know emotions would run high.

But it makes me think of the ostracizing that led to incidents like Columbine.

Not that there certainly weren't other things wrong in that situation, but this kind of cruelty certainly played a role in how bat-shit crazy the kids who did that became.

To all those that are offended by my language and demeanor in this thread, I apologize.

For some reason this thing really got me riled up.

I guess I'm just thinking about how I would feel if my next child is a daughter, and ended up in this situation.

I think that if I were the parent of one of these girls, I would have gotten angry enough to do something drastic.

(*Edited several times to remove my own offensive material.)

What would you do? Start killing all the kids who decided not to go to their prom?

I really have no idea what I'd do... I know emotions would run high.

But it makes me think of the ostracizing that led to incidents like Columbine.

Not that there certainly weren't other things wrong in that situation, but this kind of cruelty certainly played a role in how bat-shit crazy the kids who did that became.

So does this logic apply to Tea Party members that are ostracized by the left? You call them racists, nazis, criminals.

So they have the right to become violent due to how they are treated by you?

Funny how your rules apply to others but not yourselves.

"wonder what is so wrong with these people? its sickining i now want a free vip ticket to go down there and go into teh school and just start something..

Fake prom staged to trick lesbian kids - Broadsheet - Salon.com

"
Constance McMillen just wanted what teenage girls have dreamed about since time immemorial -- to go to the prom with the person she's dating. In McMillen's case, that person happens to be another girl. But the possibility of some same-sex jamming to "I Gotta Feeling" didn't sit too well with the folks at Mississippi's Itawamba Agricultural High School. Reasoning that no prom was better than a prom with lesbians, they abruptly canceled the whole affair last month. Cue media frenzy, ACLU lawsuit, Facebook uproar.
After an embarrassing glare of attention on Itawamba, it seemed a happy ending was in sight. Last Tuesday, the school agreed to host an off-campus prom and told Constance she could, per her stated intention, bring her date and wear a tux. On Friday night, McMillen and her girlfriend showed up at the Fulton Country Club ready to party. There, she says, she found just seven other revelers, including two learning disabled students.
Worse, she claims that her classmates were off doing the Macarena at an alternate event, arranged with the aid and consent of the parents and staff of her school. Speaking to the Advocate this week, McMillen said, "They had two proms and I was only invited to one of them ... everyone went to the other one I wasn't invited to."
God knows it's no great stretch to give teens and adults credit for being ignorant douchebags, but seriously? They threw a whole other prom? What is this, an episode of "Glee"?
Indeed, Gawker reported yesterday that they had dug up a Facebook page for one of McMillen's classmates, and lo! There were pix galore of a well-attended, corsage-riddled weekend dance event. (Even more have been neatly compiled on BruceKatz23's Flickr stream.) Unlike that legendary slumber party your best friend threw when she told you she was home alone with the mumps, however, the alternate dance wasn't a total top secret. McMillen says that she knew about the other event, but, "If I wasn't wanted there, I wasn't going to go."
The elaborate lengths to which people will apparently go to avoid a girl in a tux are dispiriting at best, and McMillen's victory may seem to have the word "Pyrrhic" stamped all over it. But in the end, she may well have had a better prom than many of us ever did. (Non-discrimination is a right, but having crappy experiences in high school is pretty much an inevitability.) McMillen told the Advocate that the special ed kids "had the time of their lives ... That's the one good thing that came out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them."
It may have been far from perfect, but unlike the blowout across town, that little shindig at Fulton Country Club was everything that I hope for for my own daughters, on their prom nights and their wedding days and all their lives. Because none of those other people matter. On Friday night, Connie McMillen got to walk through that door on the arm of the person she wanted to dance with."

School and students need to stop listen to parents and grow up. "

Sounds like she had fun, furthermore sounds like she knew about the other prom, probably could have showed up there but refused. Said she didn't want to show up where she wasn't wanted. Well, newsflash, you don't have a right to be "wanted". Looks like she had more fun at the prom she did attend, and more power to her...now what's the problem?

That is not the put she was fighting for everyone in school, and yet they still give a shit treatment. this is just prove that bulling needs to stop in school. and this just say the kids can't get out of there parents view.

Funny how the ACLU is quick to defend the rights of students in the GLBT community while at the same time try and censor the rights of students to include a prayer in their graduation ceremony.

Would you favor a Muslim prayer to Allah at your children's graduation?
Now you know why prayer is not allowed at a public school graduation.

I've got no problem with it. Prayer is prayer.

What is so wrong with a Muslim? as long as they don't hurt or muder people they are fine just as as any other religion

Sounds like she had fun, furthermore sounds like she knew about the other prom, probably could have showed up there but refused. Said she didn't want to show up where she wasn't wanted. Well, newsflash, you don't have a right to be "wanted". Looks like she had more fun at the prom she did attend, and more power to her...now what's the problem?

"Sounds like" the people at the other prom specifically wouldn't have let her in, which is why they made it a separate private event.

Personally, I don't care if these girls are lesbians, albinos, Jews, or whatever, discrimination is discrimination.

This particular instance may not be illegal, but it's beneath contempt.

Bunch of trailer trash, ignorant, redneck pieces of crap that they are.

McMillen told the Advocate that the special ed kids "had the time of their lives ... That's the one good thing that came out of this, [these kids] didn't have to worry about people making fun of them."

Props to this girl for doing her best to do the right thing. It looks like she and her girlfriend got snubbed in the end but were able to see the bright side. Sounds like the special ed kids had the best prom of all.

How did she get snubbed? She went to the prom as she wanted. Where on earth is it said that everyone else had to go? They chose to exercise their freedom and not go.

It's like the entire concept of freedom is completely lost on people nowadays.

Its not the point is this crap needs to stop. that like you going into a grocey store.. you have baggy pants or i don't like your hair cut since i am the manager i am gonig through you out.

that the point. freedom is now what you think its.... you can be mean... yes but what does that teach how are we going to have peace if we have people like this all around the world? how can the nation grow and become a better place when people are still like this.

intill people can stop being mean... god knows this will never happen freedom is not going to exist.

you people just don't get it.

oh please this is discrimination as much as you don't want to admit it. are you part of the school? if that was true... than why did she win her court???? they violated her rights

Could you cite the court case that she allegedly won? My understanding is that the case never went to Court because the school quickly flipped on the issue.

There was no discrimination. They were invited. They showed up. The other teenagers decided not to attend. Unless you are somehow arguing that the Government should force teenagers to go to their proms, you have absolutely no case.

Judge: Lesbian student's rights violated - USATODAY.com

"BERDEEN, Miss. — A federal judge ruled Tuesday that the Itawamba County, Miss., school board violated the rights of a lesbian student by canceling the prom when the student challenged a ban on same-sex dates, but the judge stopped short of ordering the district to reinstate the April 2 prom.

U.S. District Court Judge Glen Davidson said he denied the injunction request because a private prom parents are planning will serve the same purpose as the school prom and because "requiring defendants to step back into a sponsorship role at this late date would only confuse and confound the community on the issue."

that big enough for you to read?

Hmm, I think Lesbians from around the area should hold a massive impromptu event in the middle of town, where they play music, dance suggestively, and make-out for an entire day.

But only the hot Lesbians.

That'll teach those bastards!

And they should tell me when it is, so I can go ogle them :)

Oh, sorry... I mean... so I can go support their rights!

A Kiss-In. That's been done before in other places. Hmmmm.

oh please this is discrimination as much as you don't want to admit it. are you part of the school? if that was true... than why did she win her court???? they violated her rights

Could you cite the court case that she allegedly won? My understanding is that the case never went to Court because the school quickly flipped on the issue.

There was no discrimination. They were invited. They showed up. The other teenagers decided not to attend. Unless you are somehow arguing that the Government should force teenagers to go to their proms, you have absolutely no case.

""It would be hard for him to move it," she said. "A lot of people would be inconvenienced."

Davidson ruled the school board violated McMillen's rights. "The Court finds this expression and communication of her viewpoint is the type of speech that falls squarely within the purview of the First Amendment," Davidson wrote in his opinion.

Judge: Lesbian student's rights violated - USATODAY.com

anymore comments you want to look like a fool?

We owe them equal protection under the law. You included.
If you do not like the US Constitution, then elect politicians that back an amendment to Constitution that bans gays and taking same sex dates to public school proms.
We are a nation of laws. If she was my kid I would be proud of her. You support her being open and honest about who she is and what she planned to do is against school discipline.That is the most absurd argument I have heard to date. Her actions were more disciplined than the adults at the school and on the school board.
You allow them to discriminate against her, next time it is your ass they will run in.

No one was banned from going to the prom. They went to the prom. The other kids chose not to go.

No one is obligated to go to a prom. Or are they not allowed freedom simply because another person wants them there?

Hate to tell you once again but here goes:
The principal and school board told this girl she could not go to the prom with her female date. That was their rule.
All of this after the court case was not school sponsored prom.
What I speak of is the prom that was canceled.
All because the girl is honest and wanted to be like the other kids that took their dates.
How hard is that for you to understand?
If the schol allowed equalityfrom the start none lf this would have happened.
So either you oppose or favor equal rights. Which is it or do we have to prepare once again for a twist, distort, slant and side step?

Men wear gowns to proms here and no one bats an eye.

c181b779.jpg

so pretty

We owe them equal protection under the law. You included.
If you do not like the US Constitution, then elect politicians that back an amendment to Constitution that bans gays and taking same sex dates to public school proms.
We are a nation of laws. If she was my kid I would be proud of her. You support her being open and honest about who she is and what she planned to do is against school discipline.That is the most absurd argument I have heard to date. Her actions were more disciplined than the adults at the school and on the school board.
You allow them to discriminate against her, next time it is your ass they will run in.

No one was banned from going to the prom. They went to the prom. The other kids chose not to go. Same rule applied to them.

No one is obligated to go to a prom. Or are they not allowed freedom simply because another person wants them there?

The principal and school board told this girl she could not go to the prom with her female date. That was their rule.
All because the girl is honest and wanted to be like the other kids that took their dates.
So either you oppose or favor equal rights. Which is it or do we have to prepare once again for a twist, distort, slant and side step?

I favor equal rights and in this case, they were given.

The straight girls at the school couldn't take a female date either or dress in a tux.

No one was banned from going to the prom. They went to the prom. The other kids chose not to go. Same rule applied to them.

The straight girls at the school couldn't take a female date either or dress in a tux.

hetero girls don't tend to bring women dates, dipshit. You might as well have just said that you support the equal right of white men not bringing ****** woman dates in order to minimize black boys taking white girls to prom. But, you already knew how fucking retarded your logic is before you posted so..

So does this logic apply to Tea Party members that are ostracized by the left? You call them racists, nazis, criminals.

So they have the right to become violent due to how they are treated by you?

Funny how your rules apply to others but not yourselves.

"Nazis"? "Criminals"?

Who called the Tea Party that?

And "racist" definitely applies to the founder, at least, considering he's a racist, but I'm sure most members of the Tea Party are not in fact racists.

And no-one is coming to the hometowns of Tea Party members and attempting to turn the populations of said towns against them, now are they? So there's no "Ostracizing" going on there, is there?

What are you going on by? its illegal to discrimination against gay people hence why the court rule in her favor...

LOL. You will never get it.
You just gave us another example of unequal protection under the law.
It is not about gay or straight. It is about equal rights.
Equal rights means you can take any other human to the prom.

Y'all are such dumb sheep. Like this is an issue. Glad y'all fall for the divisiveness our government perpetuates to smokescreen them ripping us off blind, as an institution.

Heterosexuals have rights too, just in case any of you fag hags forgot that.

Y'all are such dumb sheep. Like this is an issue. Glad y'all fall for the divisiveness our government perpetuates to smokescreen them ripping us off blind, as an institution.

everyone has rights... that does not mean you have more right than someone else.

Not sure why people just don't get this...

What rights have you been denied there Gunny?
Sticks and stones.
I was wrong. I expected better judgement when picking words from a military man.

Forum List

Back