Facts show Trump misrembers 9-11

Actually, Trump's quote was that he saw people celebrating. He didn't say that there was any public record of it in existence or he saw such a public record. Does the fact that there was no public record made in a newspaper actually show that it didn't exist? No! because we know that the newspaper doesn't cover a lot of things. A good example is the unemployment situation. The liberal newspapers don't cover it and liberals think it doesn't exist.

"Despite Trump's insistence that he saw such celebrations, political fact-checkers across the board have found little to no evidence of any public celebrations after the attacks.''

Even Trump's fellow rightwing nitwit Ben Carson acknowledges the fact that Trump is lying:

'Dr. Ben Carson apologized for asserting the widely discredited allegation that thousands of American Muslims had celebrated the 9/11 attacks in New Jersey. He told NBC News on Monday that he’d been thinking of celebrations captured in the Middle East — and not New Jersey.

Adding his voice to claims most recently made by Republican front-runner Donald Trump, Carson told reporters twice on Monday that he’d seen the “film” of the celebrations. When asked by NBC News specifically if he meant in New Jersey, he replied yes. Later on Monday, his campaign began walking back the comment.

“Dr. Carson does not stand by the statements that were reported today,” campaign spokesman Doug Watts said in a statement. “He was hearing and thinking something differently at the the time. He does, however, recall and had his mind focused on the celebrations in the Middle East. He is not suggesting that American Muslims were in New Jersey celebrating the fall of the twin towers.”'

Ben Carson apologizes for confirming discredited report

• Banned
Actually, Trump's quote was that he saw people celebrating. He didn't say that there was any public record of it in existence or he saw such a public record. Does the fact that there was no public record made in a newspaper actually show that it didn't exist? No! because we know that the newspaper doesn't cover a lot of things. A good example is the unemployment situation. The liberal newspapers don't cover it and liberals think it doesn't exist.
What he said is that saw in New Jersey thousands cheering the fall of the towers.

He is going to overwhelmingly kerry boated every day until he slinks away in shame.

...as if on cue.

It seems that the fact checker employed by the Washington Post failed to check his own freaking mulch rag. The Washington Post reported Muslems cheering after 9-11

What he said is that saw in New Jersey thousands cheering the fall of the towers.

He is going to overwhelmingly kerry boated every day until he slinks away in shame.

It is a true statement if he did see it. Fact checker just said their is no known publication of any event. He never said he saw it in a magazine somewhere. I won't waste my time trying to explain why those are different.

While we are on the subject, I did see some muslims seem pretty happy after 911 and I'm sure other people can say they had similar experiences.

Fact-checkers are shredding Donald Trump's claims he saw people 'cheering' on 9/11 — Trump demands apology

He is either addled or a liar. There were no cheering crowds across the Hudson cheering the fall of the towers.

I remember that day IN DETAIL--------and the next day and the next day and the next day. IN DETAIL--------there were cheering crowds-------and the libels were went on for months --------it was disgusting--------the injured----the sick----and the filthy libels that you still applaud

The problem is that most of his supporters will ignore the fact that Trump is a liar.

You don't understand what Trump does. His followers don't care about factual accuracy. He's citing what he and they *feel* was happening among Muslims.

My only question is.....has he actually convinced himself this memory is real? Or is he just showboating for the gullible masses?

We are going to kerry boat Trump on saying he saw thousands in NJ celebrating the fall of the towers.

We are going to kerry boat his defenders who try to lie about the truth.

Fact-checkers are shredding Donald Trump's claims he saw people 'cheering' on 9/11 — Trump demands apology

He is either addled or a liar. There were no cheering crowds across the Hudson cheering the fall of the towers.

I remember that day IN DETAIL--------and the next day and the next day and the next day. IN DETAIL--------there were cheering crowds-------and the libels were went on for months --------it was disgusting--------the injured----the sick----and the filthy libels that you still applaud

Not across the river in New Jersey. It appears both you and Trump have created a false memory.

But you do so elegantly prove my point: His audience will just imagine alone with him. As they're quoting what they feel the Muslims in NJ were doing. Not what the facts actually support.

In fact, the "liberal media" was reporting on people thousands of miles away in the ME celebrating, but seemed to miss the same celebrations in NJ? Either the liberal media uses selective reporting, or Trump is a jackass. Hmmm. I wonder which is more likely.

Actually, he DID say that there was a public record.................

Trump repeated the claim Sunday in an interview on ABC's "This Week" after host George Stephanopoulos explained that police had refuted any such rumors at the time.

"It did happen. I saw it," said Trump. "It was on television. I saw it."

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down," he said.

Trump stands by claim American Muslims celebrated 9/11 | Fox News

If it is shown on television (like Donald the Chump said), then yeah, there is a public record of it.

It seems that the fact checker employed by the Washington Post failed to check his own freaking mulch rag. The Washington Post reported Muslems cheering after 9-11

Can you quote the Washington Post doing this?

Actually he may be right. Many media outlets showed Muslims cheering on the 9/11 attacks... thousands of miles overseas. Notice how he avoided saying it ever happened in NJ?

More accurately, he says he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey....

....on TV.

VIDEO CLIP OF DONALD TRUMP, IN WHICH HE SAYS: “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

STEPHANOPOULOS: “You know, the police say that didn’t happen and all those rumors have been on the Internet for some time. So did you misspeak yesterday?”

TRUMP:It did happen. I saw it.”

STEPHANOPOULOS: “You saw that…”

TRUMP: It was on television. I saw it.

Odd, there's no TV record of this either. I think poor trump saw video of Muslims cheering in different parts of the world......and just assumed that it was Jersey City.

I wonder, did he run from the ashes and mudslides when he watched the Mount St. Helens collapse on TV from his Jersey City home? Try to jump in the 1/6th gravity when he watched the moon landing?

Forum List

Back