Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours?

Another dumbass NaziCon thread. How about some truth...

President-tax-rates.gif

Mitt Romney is worth double the sum of the last eight presidents’ wealth, but he has paid one of the lowest tax rates. According to Joseph Thorndike at Tax Analysts, only President Richard Nixon paid a lower tax rate, at 6.1 percent, in the last 40 years.

More: Romney's Tax Rate Lower Than Any President's Since Nixon | ThinkProgress

Another dumbass NaziCon thread. How about some truth...

President-tax-rates.gif

Mitt Romney is worth double the sum of the last eight presidents’ wealth, but he has paid one of the lowest tax rates. According to Joseph Thorndike at Tax Analysts, only President Richard Nixon paid a lower tax rate, at 6.1 percent, in the last 40 years.

More: Romney's Tax Rate Lower Than Any President's Since Nixon | ThinkProgress
Nixon was not a crook!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M]Richard Nixon - "I'm not a crook" [HIGHER QUALITY - FULL VERSION] - YouTube[/ame]

Until someone has actual facts that Romney is a tax cheat, go pound sand.
His accountants do their job in using what tax regulations are available to him.

Now, lets get back to unemployment, debt, deficit, anemic economy, and down grading our credit rating. :eusa_whistle:

Romney pays 14% on his taxes.

I pay 25%.

This is the real redistribution of wealth in America.....welfare for the wealthy.

New York’s attorney general is investigating tax strategies of some of the nation’s largest private equity firms, including Bain Capital, founded by Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, an official familiar with the probe said Sunday.

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is examining whether the firms have abused a tax strategy to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe. The practice involves converting some fees collected for managing accounts into fund investments, resulting in a lower tax rate.

His accountants do their job in using what tax regulations are available to him.

Now, lets get back to unemployment, debt, deficit, anemic economy, and down grading our credit rating. :eusa_whistle:

Yes, and you can thank Bush and the obstructionist Republicans for all that. Meister, surely you're not as retarded as you seem politically. Are you?

He isn't paying any more or less than anyone else would.

He's paying far less than what a reasonable person complaining about taxes being too high would pay.

Yeah, he's investing in America and paying on long term capital gains. I do the same thing, and paid much lower than he he did with my legal deductions. I think a lot of you need to get a new accountant for your tax returns. Might want to think about giving to charity, also....it's a win-win.

Yes, and you can thank Bush and the obstructionist Republicans for all that. Meister, surely you're not as retarded as you seem politically. Are you?

So, Lakhota, with all your wisdom, lets talk about the debt, deficit, anemic economy and the downgrading of our credit rating.
Try and remember that more taxes from Romney and the rich aren't going to even touch the debt, deficit, anemeic economy or the credit rating. Our community organizer acknowledges that....he's just says it's the "fair thing to do".

No shit Sherlock, we need tax reform?? Why don't you voluntarily pay more?!

PS- Worry about your own miserable paycheck and stop coveting other people's money.

I understand that you are too immature to understand the consequences of having such an outdated, bloated, complicated tax system.

Why don't you stay in your "Obama is baaaad" threads and dont overtax your unused mind.

People don't Understand Tax Reform. They think it's code for Raising taxes. When Regan Lowered the Top Rates, he actually increased Revenue. How? By Removing Loop holes, and Deductions (reform)

Psst..

He also raised taxes and cut benefits.

He's paying far less than what a reasonable person complaining about taxes being too high would pay.

Yeah, he's investing in America and paying on long term capital gains.

How does one 'invest in America' ? By depositing money into foreign bank accounts?

I do the same thing, and paid much lower than he he did with my legal deductions. I think a lot of you need to get a new accountant for your tax returns. Might want to think about giving to charity, also....it's a win-win.

Sure - if you don't count payroll taxes. Hey, if we don't count all the taxes that make our tax rates higher than Romneys - our rate is lower! Go figure!

Yeah, he's investing in America and paying on long term capital gains. I do the same thing, and paid much lower than he he did with my legal deductions. I think a lot of you need to get a new accountant for your tax returns. Might want to think about giving to charity, also....it's a win-win.
Meister, can you please tell me how he is investing in America?

Doesn't he have a slew of overseas investments in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda and other offshore investments etc? Is that investing in America? And are you saying his retirement account, is invested in America?

Basically, what is he investing in the USA? What companies is he supporting solely in America?

New York’s attorney general is investigating tax strategies of some of the nation’s largest private equity firms, including Bain Capital, founded by Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, an official familiar with the probe said Sunday.

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is examining whether the firms have abused a tax strategy to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe. The practice involves converting some fees collected for managing accounts into fund investments, resulting in a lower tax rate.

I'm sure the timing of that with the upcoming election, I would wager he's a democrat close to the heart of your messiah, chris. Another dog and pony show, dude.

Remember this, Chris:
If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.-Obama

So, Lakhota, with all your wisdom, lets talk about the debt, deficit, anemic economy and the downgrading of our credit rating.
Try and remember that more taxes from Romney and the rich aren't going to even touch the debt, deficit, anemeic economy or the credit rating. Our community organizer acknowledges that....he's just says it's the "fair thing to do".

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-direct-indirect-result-of-bush-actions.html

15 Things the GOP Doesn't Want You to Know About Taxes and the Debt | Crooks and Liars

GOP Causes S&P Downgrade, but Republican Candidates Blame Obama | The Nation

Meister, can you please tell me how he is investing in America?

Doesn't he have a slew of overseas investments in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda and other offshore investments etc? Is that investing in America? And are you saying his retirement account, is invested in America?

Basically, what is he investing in the USA? What companies is he supporting solely in America?
Care, if his accountants are smarter than myself, he is well diversified with investments from public growth companies to municipal bonds, tax free bonds, and overseas stocks.
I would never put the major part of my capital in overseas investments and neither would his accountants.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-direct-indirect-result-of-bush-actions.html

15 Things the GOP Doesn't Want You to Know About Taxes and the Debt | Crooks and Liars

GOP Causes S&P Downgrade, but Republican Candidates Blame Obama | The Nation

Typical from you, Lakhota....not one word from you, just your rehashed links. We are talking about Obama and Romney. You keep going back to the Bush days. Obama has no answers on how to stimulate the economy, nor bring down debt, deficit and the spending. If he had some solid answers, he would have implemented them, instead everything is payinjg back the unions. That is where we are today.

Forum List

Back