Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours?

The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol advised the Mitt Romney to avoid making the election about the last four years, noting that the Obama administration inherited the crisis from Bush and has handled it well. “If this election is just about the last four years, that’s a muddy verdict. Bush was president during the financial meltdown. The Obama team has turned that around pretty well. Bill Clinton’s speech at the convention was very important in that way,” he said. Romney “has go to make it a choice about the next four years and explain what obama would do that would be bad for the country and what he would do to be good.” Watch it:

Bill Kristol: Obama Has Turned Around The Financial Meltdown 'Pretty Well' | ThinkProgress

Bill Kristol on the economy - YouTube

Meister, here' your biggest problem, IMO: You're hung up on the "fictional" Obama instead of the "real" Obama. NaziCons seem confused that Obama is leading in the polls - which is only confusing because of the "fictional" Obama they have conjured up in their little minds.

The "real" Obama is far superior to Romney.

He isn't paying any more or less than anyone else would.
That's bullshit. If I could pay less I would.

But that doesn't make it right. I think he should pay the same percentage as I do.

New York’s attorney general is investigating tax strategies of some of the nation’s largest private equity firms, including Bain Capital, founded by Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, an official familiar with the probe said Sunday.

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is examining whether the firms have abused a tax strategy to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe. The practice involves converting some fees collected for managing accounts into fund investments, resulting in a lower tax rate.

I'm sure the timing of that with the upcoming election, I would wager he's a democrat close to the heart of your messiah, chris. Another dog and pony show, dude.

Remember this, Chris:
If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.-Obama
Oh goodie... He is comparible to Obama. that's great. o.0

If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.-Obama

Gee, I wish someone would address the facts and context surrounding the above quote. Let me help. Obama was saying this is the campaign rhetoric being used against HIM. He was NOT saying this was how HE was conducting HIS campaign.

Barack Obama Acceptance Speech - DNC - 28 August 2008

By Kathy Gill

I know there are those who dismiss such beliefs as happy talk. They claim that our insistence on something larger, something firmer, and more honest in our public life is just a Trojan horse for higher taxes and the abandonment of traditional values.

And that's to be expected, because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.

If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.

And you know what? It's worked before, because it feeds into the cynicism we all have about government. When Washington doesn't work, all its promises seem empty. If your hopes have been dashed again and again, then it's best to stop hoping and settle for what you already know.

Much More: Obama Acceptance Speech - Page 5

Obama has no answers on how to stimulate the economy, nor bring down debt, deficit and the spending. If he had some solid answers, he would have implemented them, instead everything is payinjg back the unions. That is where we are today.

"Obama has no answers on how to stimulate the economy, nor bring down debt, deficit and the spending".

The Budget Control Act of 2011 is the legislation enacted by Congress at the insistence of the Obama Administration when the Republicans in August 2011 refused to include revenue with spending cuts for the plan offered by the Administration to reduce the Budget Deficit by 4.5 Trillion within 10 years. -

The Fiscal Cliff - Sequestration are the handywork now in the hands of the Obama Administration that will be used beginning in January 2013 to bring Fiscal Responsibility to the Budgetary Process the Republicans to date have failed to address.

Is Mitt's tax rate lower than mine?

Definitely.

And Mitt will refile after the election and take another $2 million off, reducing his rate to 9%.

Obama has no answers on how to stimulate the economy, nor bring down debt, deficit and the spending. If he had some solid answers, he would have implemented them, instead everything is payinjg back the unions. That is where we are today.

"Obama has no answers on how to stimulate the economy, nor bring down debt, deficit and the spending".

The Budget Control Act of 2011 is the legislation enacted by Congress at the insistence of the Obama Administration when the Republicans in August 2011 refused to include revenue with spending cuts for the plan offered by the Administration to reduce the Budget Deficit by 4.5 Trillion within 10 years. -

The Fiscal Cliff - Sequestration are the handywork now in the hands of the Obama Administration that will be used beginning in January 2013 to bring Fiscal Responsibility to the Budgetary Process the Republicans to date have failed to address.

Cut's five years out that would have never happened.

You bet.....can you morons be any more stupid ?

Meister, here' your biggest problem, IMO: You're hung up on the "fictional" Obama instead of the "real" Obama. NaziCons seem confused that Obama is leading in the polls - which is only confusing because of the "fictional" Obama they have conjured up in their little minds.

Only in terms of the size of his ears, the thickness of his lips, and the extent of his bulls**t.

Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours? | Fox News

IRS data from 2010 shows someone making between $50,000 and $75,000 on average pays an effective rate of 7.8 percent. Even someone making between $100,000 and $200,000 pays a 12.1 percent rate -- also lower than Romney's.

Romney pays the exact same rate any American who invests money and lives on Capital Gains would pay.

I would also note, that just last year, Obama only paid 20%.

And one of the reason's Obama paid 20% was he took a long term capital loss of $125,527!

$1,728,096 Obama's adjusted gross income
245,075 14.18% of his income as donations to charities
49,945 home mortgage interest
122,527 Long term capital loss CARRYOVER!!! 7% sheltered income!!

Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

Only in terms of the size of his ears, the thickness of his lips, and the extent of his bulls**t.

Thickness of his lips? Gee, what a nice thing for a Mormon to say. Nothing racist about that...

Thickness of his lips? Gee, what a nice thing for a Mormon to say. Nothing racist about that...

Not at all.....or do they have the same thickness.....

Beyond that, Romney is the man.

He's got superior organizational skills, knows business, is more adept at foriegn policy, has a superior running mate....the list goes on and on.

Like I've said before, I don't do Native Americans the disservice of thinking they are all cretins just on the basis of a moron like yourself.

How's your trailer trash lawyer doing these days....you are such a liar.

Fact Check: Is Romney's tax rate really lower than yours? | Fox News

IRS data from 2010 shows someone making between $50,000 and $75,000 on average pays an effective rate of 7.8 percent. Even someone making between $100,000 and $200,000 pays a 12.1 percent rate -- also lower than Romney's.

Romney pays the exact same rate any American who invests money and lives on Capital Gains would pay.

I would also note, that just last year, Obama only paid 20%.

And one of the reason's Obama paid 20% was he took a long term capital loss of $125,527!

$1,728,096 Obama's adjusted gross income
245,075 14.18% of his income as donations to charities
49,945 home mortgage interest
122,527 Long term capital loss CARRYOVER!!! 7% sheltered income!!

Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

He put about 12 grand in his girl's college funds too. Hope they get a better education than RDean and Lakhota (they were ripped off).

You know, the kind of thing Mr. Everyday does.

He lives in the martian reality.

Is Mitt's tax rate lower than mine?

Definitely.

And Mitt will refile after the election and take another $2 million off, reducing his rate to 9%.

Link, or are you lying?

Link to something that hasn't happened yet?

It is entirely possible for him to re-file and claim the deduction he didn't take. However even if he loses it would be really stupid on his part to do so, and it's not like he needs the money, so I don't think he'll do it.

You don’t often see Republican politicians donating money to the federal government. But that’s what Mitt Romney did today. In a statement about Romney’s just-filed 2011 tax return issued by his campaign, Brad Malt, the trustee of Romney’s blind trust, notes that the candidate and his wife paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in income, for an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent. Malt notes that the Romneys claimed only $2.25 million in charitable deductions, despite having given more than $4 million to charity. By way of explanation, Malt states:

“The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.”

Romney’s taxes: The GOP candidate’s preposterous explanation for overpaying them. - Slate Magazine

Cut's five years out that would have never happened.

You bet.....can you morons be any more stupid ?

The Fiscal Cliff engineered by the Administration begins January 2013 - just 4 months away.

Republicans have no where to hide.

Forum List

Back