Facebook punishing victims again.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Family of dead student criticise Facebook over 'sadist' troll

The parents of a student who was crushed to death outside a nightclub have criticised Facebook for letting an internet troll abuse the memory of their daughter.

The father of Olivia Burt, a 20-year-old Durham University student who died in February, said dealing with the social media company had “compounded our misery”.

They spoke after Paul Hind, 38, appeared in court to admit posting offensive material about the student and three other dead young men and women.

Using a false name, Hind called Burt a sex worker and defaced a picture of her while posting images of terminally-ill children on her Facebook memorial page.

Nigel and Paula Burt, who attended the hearing before South East Northumberland magistrates on Thursday, said: “The trolling of our wonderful daughter, Olivia, is a desecration of her memory and character.

This sick bastard will soon have time to reflect on his wickedness. When will Facebook be made to keep an orderly house ?

When will Facebook be made to keep an orderly house ?

The Postal System was to blame for the Unabomber.

dde1b838-53d4-45a1-af19-bccffecb45bd-unabomber.JPG

The parents of a student who was crushed to death outside a nightclub have criticised Facebook for letting an internet troll abuse the memory of their daughter.

The father of Olivia Burt, a 20-year-old Durham University student who died in February, said dealing with the social media company had “compounded our misery”.

They spoke after Paul Hind, 38, appeared in court to admit posting offensive material about the student and three other dead young men and women.

Using a false name, Hind called Burt a sex worker and defaced a picture of her while posting images of terminally-ill children on her Facebook memorial page.

Nigel and Paula Burt, who attended the hearing before South East Northumberland magistrates on Thursday, said: “The trolling of our wonderful daughter, Olivia, is a desecration of her memory and character.

This sick bastard will soon have time to reflect on his wickedness. When will Facebook be made to keep an orderly house ?

They’re too busy monitoring and censoring alternate viewpoints to pay any attention to such trivial matters.

They’re too busy monitoring and censoring alternate viewpoints to pay any attention to such trivial matters.
It must be worth funding a test case against them. They have loads of money and it seems like that is all they care about.

I don't mean to trivialize what's going with this family, but what is happening to this family could be worse. I remember hearing on the news about a woman who was being harassed on the phone about her daughter who was gone by some company who kept acting like her daughter was still alive. The company dialed that woman's number pretty much every day asking her where her daughter was as if her daughter owed them money or something along the lines of that.

God bless you and that woman and this family here always!!!

Holly

P.S. Also a Face Book account can be deleted and recreated again under another name if necessary. Has this family ever once thought about doing that?

I don't mean to trivialize what's going with this family, but what is happening to this family could be worse. I remember hearing on the news about a woman who was being harassed on the phone about her daughter who was gone by some company who kept acting like her daughter was still alive. The company dialed that woman's number pretty much every day asking her where her daughter was as if her daughter owed them money or something along the lines of that.

Holly

P.S. Also a Face Book account can be deleted and recreated again under another name if necessary. Has this family ever once thought about doing that?
Why should they ? If you go into a restaurant and someone is bothering you then the expectation is that the management will sort it out. Why should facebook be any different. Cyber bullying is a nasty cowardly crime that has led to suicides. It needs addressing.

you cry that you hear views that don't echo your own feelings, and then get shocked when fb doesn't have time to clean up posts like those.

sorry junior, people suck, life isn't fair and fb is a public platform.

Holly

Why should they ? If you go into a restaurant and someone is bothering you then the expectation is that the management will sort it out. Why should facebook be any different. Cyber bullying is a nasty cowardly crime that has led to suicides. It needs addressing.
What you don't seem to get is that it all depends on how a person is bothered. When you are in a restaurant and you don't like something that is taking place, depending on how bad it is or how bad it isn't, you may have to get up and find somewhere else to eat. Some people may leave because of how busy, loud, or expensive the place is. Sometimes things like that can not be helped when everyone else who is there has the same rights as you do.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If getting a new Face Book page going or blocking the problem person doesn't do the trick for the people we are talking about here, then the people in charge of the website should be alerted and if nothing is done after that, right then is when the law should enter the picture.

Last edited:

Holly

What you don't seem to get is that it all depends on how a person is bothered. When you are in a restaurant and you don't like something that is taking place, depending on how bad it is or how bad it isn't, you may have to get up and find somewhere else to eat. Some people may leave because of how busy, loud, or expensive the place is. Sometimes things like that can not be helped when everyone else who is there has the same rights as you do.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If getting a new Face Book page going or blocking the problem person doesn't do the trick for the people we are talking about here, then the people in charge of the website should be alerted and if nothing is done after that, right then is when the law should enter the picture.
I dont think the actions of trolls should influence how we live our lives. If this character abused someone dear to me then I would expect something sone about it. If he did it in front of me then I would deal with it. Why are you so keen to encourage unacceptable behaviour ?

^^^ I could ask you the same question with you being such a big homosexuality cheerleader.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. By the way, did you not see me say in my previous message in this chat that if getting a new Face Book page going or blocking the problem person isn't enough, alerting the Face Book powers that be should then be the next move?

Holly

But you approve of people being harassed and forced out of restaurants!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I dont think the actions of trolls should influence how we live our lives. If this character abused someone dear to me then I would expect something sone about it. If he did it in front of me then I would deal with it. Why are you so keen to encourage unacceptable behaviour ?
In no way did Jos demonstrate any desire to encourage ‘unacceptable behaviour’.
Quit trolling and lying about posters.

FB should be made to keep an orderly house by whom? Government?

Fortunately in the Unites States that will never be the case, and appropriately so.

In a truly free society it’s the role and responsibility of private citizens to compel private media entities to ‘keep an orderly house,’ not government.

Sticks and stones. Ignore the trolls.

Fucking snowflake idiots.

Fortunately in the Unites States that will never be the case, and appropriately so.

In a truly free society it’s the role and responsibility of private citizens to compel private media entities to ‘keep an orderly house,’ not government.
The laws need to be there in the first place. My experience is that they are not. Complaining should be straightforward and it isnt. So trash run wild.

The laws need to be there in the first place. My experience is that they are not. Complaining should be straightforward and it isnt. So trash run wild.
A lot of people think that you are trash running wild.

Forum List

Back