F14 Tomcat....

Wow! All of these fighter jet experts on this forum and if you add their total number of hours in any fighter jet you got 0.0hrs.

Have fun you bunch of wombats. None of you know WTF you're talking about LOL
o --the GOD of airplanes you are--thank you LORD

Wow! All of these fighter jet experts on this forum and if you add their total number of hours in any fighter jet you got 0.0hrs.

.......there are thousands of people who don't have any hours in the jets/etc --but they are experts on them---the engineers/etc

.......there are thousands of people who don't have any hours in the jets/etc --but they are experts on them---the engineers/etc

Not a single person on this forum has any time in a fighter jet nor are they aeronautical engineers for them.

I KNOW I'm not the god of airplanes even though I've flown more types and have more hours than anyone in this thread and worked on far more than any other poster here, but that's the difference. Even having more experience in planes I don't pretend to know the capabilities of any of our nations fighter jets.

Every single fighter jet going back to the 60's has capabilities that are classified so NOBODY knows about them. I personally know a guy who is in the Air Force and he was talking to me about the F22. He said he cannot disclose secrets but the plane is capable of far more than is publicly known and there is no fighter jet known that is capable of competing against it.

Last edited:

I KNOW I'm not the god of airplanes even though I've flown more types and have more hours than anyone in this thread and worked on far more than any other poster here, but that's the difference. Even having more experience in planes I don't pretend to know the capabilities of any of our nations fighter jets.

Every single fighter jet going back to the 60's has capabilities that are classified so NOBODY knows about them.

My, My, the arrogance. Are you including the Retired Air Force, Naval and Marine members that frequent this area in your assessment? There are a few of us, you know. And there isn't a whole lot we don't know about the Fighters short of the latest classified Avionics in the Red Boxes. Even if we did know about what goes on in the Red Boxes, we wouldn't admit to knowing about it. But one thing we won't do is to belittle others like you are doing. But rest assured, there is NOTHING that many of old hands don't know about a F-4E and all it's capabilities. Plus many other fighter types. And some of us are a pretty fair hand with F-15s, 16s and 18s as well. Ever hear about the Soviet Red Book published in 1980? If you haven't, you don't know squat.

Every single fighter jet going back to the 60's has capabilities that are classified so NOBODY knows about them.

My, My, the arrogance. Are you including the Retired Air Force, Naval and Marine members that frequent this area in your assessment? There are a few of us, you know. And there isn't a whole lot we don't know about the Fighters short of the latest classified Avionics in the Red Boxes. Even if we did know about what goes on in the Red Boxes, we wouldn't admit to knowing about it. But one thing we won't do is to belittle others like you are doing. But rest assured, there is NOTHING that many of old hands don't know about a F-4E and all it's capabilities. Plus many other fighter types. And some of us are a pretty fair hand with F-15s, 16s and 18s as well. Ever hear about the Soviet Red Book published in 1980? If you haven't, you don't know squat.

Not a single person who replied up until my post on this has any time or any experience with any fighter jet. If they disclose any classified information they would be committing a felony.

They might claim to. Let them prove it. I can say I'm a fighter pilot. I can say I'm an astronaut. Someone messaged me and said they flew a trainer and an A-10. 0.0 hours in an F-14.

I forgot more about this shit than you will ever know.

Get over yourself.

Last edited:

Not a single person on this forum has any time in a fighter jet nor are they aeronautical engineers for them.
o Great One, please teach us

No, to be taught you need to seek out a REAL F-14 pilot, OF WHICH NONE OF US ARE.

There are two types of people, those that know they don't know shit about airplanes and those that need to be told.

So carry on. Pretend like you know anything about the radar system or capabilities of the F-14 or any other fighter jet. I know it makes you feel important.

Last edited:

No, to be taught you need to seek out a REAL F-14 pilot, OF WHICH NONE OF US ARE.

There are two types of people, those that know they don't know shit about airplanes and those that need to be told.

So carry on. Pretend like you know anything about the radar system or capabilities of the F-14 or any other fighter jet. I know it makes you feel important.
we stand in the shadow of your greatness--O Great One

It's all you can say. I've knocked your ass down and then stood on your throat. Rather than admit you have no fucking clue about the F-14 you make it about me when I've said repeatedly that I don't know about the jet but at least I don't pretend to.

This was an easy victory.

It's all you can say. I've knocked your ass down and then stood on your throat. Rather than admit you have no fucking clue about the F-14 you make it about me when I've said repeatedly that I don't know about the jet but at least I don't pretend to.

hHahahhahahahah
May we stand In your Shadow ?
I know more about it than you

hHahahhahahahah

Is that all you can say over and over?

Yea you know more about shadows that's for sure. At least they're simple enough for you to understand.

I knew a Navy guy that was stationed on a aircraft carrier when F-14 Tomcat's were replaced with the F-18 Hornet.

Everyone on the ship hated having their beloved Tomcats replaced. .. :cool:

What killed the F-14 was the cost of operation. The cost of replacement of the F-14A with the new F-14D was something like 135mil a copy against the F-18 (at the time) for 25mil a copy. And then there was space on the carrier. Granted the F-14 is superior to the F-18 but you can't have nearly as many and then you would need to keep some of the older Attack Birds on hand. The F-18 replaced them all. Okay, it wasn't as good as some of them on some of the missions but it could do an adequate job for the money.

The F-14's day passed. It goes down as the first 4th gen fighter ever mass produced.
F14s killed Goose..... Bastards!!!

hHahahhahahahah

Yea you know more about shadows that's for sure. At least they're simple enough for you to understand.
why are you freaking out??!!! emotional? etc?
this IS a discussion forum, you know....???

hHahahhahahahah

Exactly. Spec sheets don't lie. Not whole story I understand that but F18 has been our worst fighter since it's inception.

Not a single person who replied up until my post on this has any time or any experience with any fighter jet. If they disclose any classified information they would be committing a felony.

They might claim to. Let them prove it. I can say I'm a fighter pilot. I can say I'm an astronaut. Someone messaged me and said they flew a trainer and an A-10. 0.0 hours in an F-14.

I forgot more about this shit than you will ever know.

Get over yourself.

You mean I have to lose my memory working in Avionics on the F-15? Or the time spent in the F-15 simulators? And after over 20 years serving along side with Fighter, Bomber, Cargo and Tanker Pilots you tell me that you have more knowledge than I do? Now, if you really were a real Fighter Pilot I would agree. But you were a one hitch mechanic who may not have even finished his 4 years. Again, what is the Soviet Red Book from 1980 if you know more than I do?

hHahahhahahahah

Exactly. Spec sheets don't lie. Not whole story I understand that but F18 has been our worst fighter since it's inception.

Anytime you take a perfectly good Fighter and make it into a carrier fighter/bomber you are going to severely hurt it's performance. The YF-17.s performance was equal to that of the YF-16. But the deciding factor was the commonality of the engines with the F-15. The spare parts were already in the system. And that saved the Air Force oodles of money.

The Navy didn't have any commonality so the YF-17 was modified for carrier duty. The Navy had already turned down a carrier version of the F-15 and, at that time, would never consider a single engine fighter like the F-16. So Northrop jumped at that chance and began strengthening up the YF-17 and presented it to the US Navy. It was presented as a Swiss Army Knife and they were right. It could do the job of the A-6 and the A-7. It also was modded to do the job of the EA-6 as well. The navy required it to be a buddy tanker which takes away it's short range when the F-18 becomes it's own tanker like the A-6 was.

The YF-17 got a beefed up airframe, beefed up landing gear, just plain beefed up all around. It grew in weight. It had to. All of a sudden, that 1.3 thrust to weight ration dropped to about .98 to one with 4 missiles and 50% internal stores. The F-16 dropped from 1.3 to 1.24 because it got a bit heavier but hotter engines. But if you treated a F-16 as poorly as you have to treat a F-18 on a daily basis you would have a piece of slag. You can look at the difference between the SU-30 and the SU-33, both starting out as the same aircraft but the 33 being beefed up for carrier duty. The Chinese tried to copy a carrier version of the SU-30 and can't get it off their lone carrier with any stores making it worthless. The J-15 has a nickname of the Flopping Fish by many Chinese Flyers in that it can only use jump ramps to get off and can't use the heavier more effective air to air or ground attack weapons. It may look like a SU-33 but it falls way short.

As a carrier based fighter, the F-18 is equal to the best. The Rafale comes close and the SU-33 follows a very distant 3rd. All have the same problems. If they have been built as a straight fighter, their performance would be much higher. But start landing on that carrier during high waves and you are going to break it on the first or the second try.

Forum List

Back