F.C.C. Announces Plan to Repeal Net Neutrality

Your Verizon ISP can block access to AT&T's web site.

This news does not appear to have had an impact on Neflix's stock price.

Well, duh...Netflix has an Easy Pass for the fast lane.
No they don't.

Netflix is not an ISP.

Your ISP can charge you more to access Netflix since Netflix uses so much bandwidth. That could hurt Netflix sales.

From the OP link:

And consumers, the online companies say, may see their costs go up to get quality access to popular websites like Netflix.

This news does not appear to have had an impact on Neflix's stock price.

Well, duh...Netflix has an Easy Pass for the fast lane.

At the peril of any other content start-ups, which = monopoly.
We already have shit to put up with because of 2-3 cable companies monopolizing the country and the service absolutely sucks now, too, even though the price keeps going up every year.

No they don't.
Netflix is not an ISP.
Your ISP can charge you more to access Netflix since Netflix uses so much bandwidth. That could hurt Netflix sales.

No ISP is going to slow down Netflix. That's a death sentence for the ISP. Doing so is going to cost the ISP customers. Fuck with people's internet, and they may take it like consumers. Fuck with people's Netflix, and they will revolt like peasants.

It seems like a good thing at face value
But the govt regulating anything they shouldnt be, shouldnt happen.
We all know you give those fuckers an inch and they take a mile.

No they don't.
Netflix is not an ISP.

No ISP is going to slow down Netflix. That's a death sentence for the ISP. Doing so is going to cost the ISP customers. Fuck with people's internet, and they may take it like consumers. Fuck with people's Netflix, and they will revolt like peasants.
I live in an urban area and only have 2 choices for an ISP and dishTV. If one throttles Netflix the other is sure to follow. Unregulated monopolies are dangerous.

No they don't.
Netflix is not an ISP.

They will bundle Netflix with a bunch of bullshit you never use, just like cable TV does.

Trump voters will have three internet options:

1. Fast

2. Faster

3. Fasterest, bleev me

Why would they regulate service providers but not websites like google anyways?
Sounds like a 2 for 1

It only seems that way to you because you know nothing.

Your immaturity is also coming through with your "government bad, corporations good". Who told you that government was bad and that they shouldn't regulate anything? The same people who told you that cutting taxes for the rich will trickle down prosperity on everyone. Why do you continue to believe them after it's been so clear how much they've lied to you?

It only seems that way to you because you know nothing.

Your immaturity is also coming through with your "government bad, corporations good". Who told you that government was bad and that they shouldn't regulate anything? The same people who told you that cutting taxes for the rich will trickle down prosperity on everyone. Why do you continue to believe them after it's been so clear how much they've lied to you?
Nobody. And i didnt say that.
I clearly stated they shouldnt regulate what they arent supposed to.
Our Government IS bad. Most corrupt and biggest war mongers.
If you want the govt to regulate everything from the toilet paper you have to pay someone to wipe your ass with to redistribution of wealth, pass an amendment.

Progressives believe that the ideal, most profitable restaurant serves crap and leftovers

I would like to read the article, but I already used my allocated views for the month, and, for some unfathomable reason, the New York Times wants me to pay for access to more of their product. I mean, they gave me 5 articles for the price of $0...what right do they have to demand more money just because I want to consume more of their product?!?!

Forum List

Back