Eye makeup

Girls are bombarded by images of idealized “beauty” every day. These images can negatively influence how girls see their bodies and themselves. This workshop will encourage the girls to embrace a more positive self-image, both inside and out. Borrowing activities from Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty, girls will engage in a healthy dialogue about self-esteem.

2340x.jpg

Libby Ludlow

So now we have a bunch of guys telling us that they don't like eye make-up and want you to go au naturale......

I don't believe most of them really know what they're talking about, to be honest.

Men feel some kind of goofy obligation to tell women they hate make-up when what they really hate (or fear) is women whose makeup is applied garishly.

Basically I think most of them see women in make-up that's applied well and don't realize it's even there.

The question was asked about why women enhance their eyes and some men just have to assume that all make-up makes all women look like painted up like street harlots.

You asked about an pretty inch and they talked about a harlot's mile.

and I bet if I wait another 10 minutes 12 guys will step up to say they love feminine women with long red fingernails, ruby red lips and garters.

Under some circumstances, damned right!

Women....the point is, please yourselves! If one man doesn't like you the way you are wait for the one who will.

Excellent advise. If you think you look good, others will think you look good, too. How we are feeling about ourselves at any given moment effects how we carry ourselves and that message is unconsciously conveyed to those we neet.

I like my mascara and my pretty eye shadow boxes. It's fun to match the colors to my dresses :) I like pretty fingernail polish and I like to smell pretty too. And NONE of that makes me a whore!

Yup! Unless you feel like feeling like a whore, and then paint away, Sister, paint away.

There's an ass for every seat.

It does, however, make me a woman.

Yes it does. Woman have been enhancing their looks though the artful application of makeup for at least 6,000 years and men have liked the look (when it done right they probably even don't notice the make-up of course, because why? ..... because we're men, of course, and we're overwhelmed by the whole package!)

So girls, don't ever let anyone put you down for being you. I learned my lessons the hard way. Life is short. Love yourself and never let anyone tell you that you are not special and beautiful, because we all are :)

Yes.

I don't believe most of them really know what they're talking about, to be honest.

Men feel some kind of goofy obligation to tell women they hate make-up when what they really hate (or fear) is women whose makeup is applied garishly.

Basically I think most of them see women in make-up that's applied well and don't realize it's even there.

The question was asked about why women enhance their eyes and some men just have to assume that all make-up makes all women look like painted up like street harlots.

Right, there's a different between "made up" and makeup applied to enhance and cover slight blemishes.

But really, it's up to the person and who they are around and where you work.

If you're working in the village, selling sex toys, it would be entirely appropriate to be made up like a hooker and dressed in skin-tight leather.

If you're working in a corporate office, you don't dare walk through the doors with makeup applied like you're ready to go clubbing.

I personally, don't judge based on makeup. I don't think preteen girls should be made up to look like 25 year olds, but we're not talking about children.

Some guys like makeup and some don't. Au natural is not for everyone though. Everyone needs a little help now and then.

o go look at the thread where people are posting hot chicks...all of them have heavy eye make up

Yup!

See my point?

It's some kind of guy thing, some kind of kneejerk reaction some of us feel we must do just to prove that we really like women for what they are or something.

So we insist that we love woman who don't wear makeup.

It's mostly a fucking load of hooey.

Well...I doubt I really have to tell many women that, now, do I?

I think people are able to give their opinions and preferences without having to qualify for some half assed dime store psychology. I'm sure these kinds of druthers aren't monopolized by men. go ask the gals to tell us how they enjoyed images of a shirtless Robin Williams if you want to observe turnabout.

Yup!

See my point?

It's some kind of guy thing, some kind of kneejerk reaction some of us feel we must do just to prove that we really like women for what they are or something.

So we insist that we love woman who don't wear makeup.

It's mostly a fucking load of hooey.

Well...I doubt I really have to tell many women that, now, do I?

i havent worn make up in years..decades...too much trouble...i had my face painted for a festival....i showered and scrubbed my face...when i got out..man tells me..."you still got a lot of black around your eyes...kinda like slutty mascara...its hot"...

i havent worn make up in years..decades...too much trouble...i had my face painted for a festival....i showered and scrubbed my face...when i got out..man tells me..."you still got a lot of black around your eyes...kinda like slutty mascara...its hot"...

I like "slutty".

I like "slutty".

Next to school girl innocent, slutty is the best look woman can have.

And let's not even talk about how much men like the school girl innocence gone slutty look.

Think I've overstating that case?

What video made Britanny Spears the star she became?

Next to school girl innocent, slutty is the best look woman can have.

And let's not even talk about how much men like the school girl innocence gone slutty look.

Think I've overstating that case?

What video made Britanny Spears the star she became?

I have a little theory about that actually. There are three types of men:
1. Those who want a slut, primarily to have sex with.
2. Those who want a slut to impress other guys with his sexual prowess.
3. Those who have confidence in their sexuality and want a companion who won't clog up the bathroom sink.

I have a little theory about that actually. There are three types of men:
1. Those who want a slut, primarily to have sex with.
2. Those who want a slut to impress other guys with his sexual prowess.
3. Those who have confidence in their sexuality and want a companion who won't clog up the bathroom sink.

What about men who want to have children, where do they fall? And are you hunk#1, hunk#2, or hunk#3?

What about men who want to have children, where do they fall? And are you hunk#1, hunk#2, or hunk#3?

I think that (much like Chloe has been saying) that men want the whole package. I often found I was dating certain qualities in women instead of the women themselves. I wanted ultimately to marry and have children but didn't plan on living in a monastery until then. Certain wants slowly just became preferences as I learned more and more about women and who I ultimately wanted to marry. I spent more time alone instead of settling for less.

Forum List

Back