Extremely Interesting...a Must Read...

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:

Population of counties won by: Gore=127 million Bush=143 million

Square miles of land won by: Gore=580,000 Bush=2,2427,000

States won by: Gore=19 Bush=29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore=13.2 Bush=2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "complacency and "apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake in this Election Year and that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

Alexander Tyler was one wise man--America is traveling right down the path he outlined. Al Gore should read the interesting information from the 2000 election. Maybe one day he will get it through his head that, not only did he lose the 2000 election, but the majority of the popular votes he received came from very few states in the union.

Fmr jarhead said:
At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

And Dubbyuh is going to lead us back into bondage...

Fmr jarhead:

This post made my day. I'd like to send a few excerpts to my brother in Texas. Can I get a clarification on the sq. mi. of land won by Bush? Thanks.

musicman said:
Fmr jarhead:

This post made my day. I'd like to send a few excerpts to my brother in Texas. Can I get a clarification on the sq. mi. of land won by Bush? Thanks.

Here ya go!

ffpres2000bycounty.jpg

Great post. I loved it, and it makes sense. However, one thing did catch my eye:

Square miles of land won by: Gore=580,000 Bush=2,2427,000

It's so subtle a mistake that I almost didn't catch it, but I knew there was something wrong...

Anyway, I can't wait to show this to people. It might just put a cork in the mouths of those stupid liberals. It even makes sense, now that I look at it. I can't speak for the other states, but the counties won in Arkansas are the ones most heavily occupied by welfare moms and other white trash. The classy and well populated counties (Pulaski, which contains Little Rock, Washington, home of the Razorbacks, and whichever ones Fort Smith and Hot Springs are in) all voted Republican.

Hobbit said:
Great post. I loved it, and it makes sense. However, one thing did catch my eye:

It's so subtle a mistake that I almost didn't catch it, but I knew there was something wrong...

Anyway, I can't wait to show this to people. It might just put a cork in the mouths of those stupid liberals. It even makes sense, now that I look at it. I can't speak for the other states, but the counties won in Arkansas are the ones most heavily occupied by welfare moms and other white trash. The classy and well populated counties (Pulaski, which contains Little Rock, Washington, home of the Razorbacks, and whichever ones Fort Smith and Hot Springs are in) all voted Republican.

Unfortunately, I live in the ONLY blue county in Nevada...... :poop:

An interesting thing I just noticed.

The counties with the most "growth" were taken by Bush. That means either 1 of 2 things.....

Either those counties will turn "blue" as they continue to gain population, or this nation is becoming divided into those that live in the "cities" and those that flee the cities to live with the normal folks in the country.....

The other option is that the IMMIGRANTS are NOT as liberal as the media and the democrats want us to think.......

So I guess that is three things...... and ya know, there are many more. Those are just all I can think of this AM.... too tired! :sleep:

There's only one county I've ever lived in that voted Gore, and that's Shelby County, TN. That's basically Memphis and the 'burbs. Once again, the housing project people win.

freeandfun1 said:
Unfortunately, I live in the ONLY blue county in Nevada...... :poop:

well then you have alot of work to do to change it to the right color....actually i still think the democrats should be red and republicans should be blue.

Although I do agree with your basic thesis as to where this country is heading and the phase that it's in. I disagree that a lot is at stake this election (Bush spends). It's inevitable no matter which way you cut it, government is just too big.
The reason the tax payers of this country voted for Bush is because they believed that he would be fiscally conservative. Let's just admit it, He's not.

"Either canidate will eventually drives us further towards the gates of Hell, just each in his own special way."

Me

freeandfun1:

Thanks - that cleared it up for me.

The 2000 election was a great civics refresher course for me. I'm almost ashamed to tell you how little I remembered about our election process. I found that a lot of adults really don't grasp the sound reasoning behind electoral votes vs. "one-man-one-vote". So, I explain it to them (careful not to get too far up on my high horse - remembering that someone had to re-explain this to MY dumb ass, too LOL). I start by saying, "Do you remember the demographic map of the 2000 election results? You know - that big RED bastard with the little blue specks!"

musicman said:
freeandfun1:

Thanks - that cleared it up for me.

The 2000 election was a great civics refresher course for me. I'm almost ashamed to tell you how little I remembered about our election process. I found that a lot of adults really don't grasp the sound reasoning behind electoral votes vs. "one-man-one-vote". So, I explain it to them (careful not to get too far up on my high horse - remembering that someone had to re-explain this to MY dumb ass, too LOL). I start by saying, "Do you remember the demographic map of the 2000 election results? You know - that big RED bastard with the little blue specks!"

Every time I try to explain the benefits of the electoral system of the "majority rules" system, I get, "But if more people want this president than this president, then he should be president." It's really a balancing of the scales. Right now, the majority of people live in cities. Majority rule would mean that the big city guys could do whatever they wanted to rural America, and that isn't right. It's a way to give EVERY American power. The only thing I think that needs fixing is the all or nothing system. Right now there's one vote for each seat in Congress for that state. I think each congressional district should be allowed to give its electoral vote as its citizens vote, with the senatorial votes going to the majority winner in that state. It gives everyone power.

Forum List

Back