Extremely Interesting...a Must Read...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Fmr jarhead, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election:

Population of counties won by: Gore=127 million Bush=143 million

Square miles of land won by: Gore=580,000 Bush=2,2427,000

States won by: Gore=19 Bush=29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore=13.2 Bush=2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare..."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "complacency and "apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy; with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake in this Election Year and that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Alexander Tyler was one wise man--America is traveling right down the path he outlined. Al Gore should read the interesting information from the 2000 election. Maybe one day he will get it through his head that, not only did he lose the 2000 election, but the majority of the popular votes he received came from very few states in the union.

4. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379

And Dubbyuh is going to lead us back into bondage...

5. Tom E

Tom E Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fmr Jarhead

Excellent post!!!!! :clap: Bravo

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Did you read that post at all?

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Fmr jarhead:

This post made my day. I'd like to send a few excerpts to my brother in Texas. Can I get a clarification on the sq. mi. of land won by Bush? Thanks.

8. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Here ya go!

[​IMG]

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Great post. I loved it, and it makes sense. However, one thing did catch my eye:

It's so subtle a mistake that I almost didn't catch it, but I knew there was something wrong...

Anyway, I can't wait to show this to people. It might just put a cork in the mouths of those stupid liberals. It even makes sense, now that I look at it. I can't speak for the other states, but the counties won in Arkansas are the ones most heavily occupied by welfare moms and other white trash. The classy and well populated counties (Pulaski, which contains Little Rock, Washington, home of the Razorbacks, and whichever ones Fort Smith and Hot Springs are in) all voted Republican.

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Unfortunately, I live in the ONLY blue county in Nevada...... :poop: