EXTENSIVE use of social media by Russia to promote TRUMP & GOP DURING/AFTER election (Oxford UNIV)

THIS PRESIDENT and his PRESIDENCY IS ILLEGITIMATE. THE "final" 2016 ELECTION RESULT IS A FRAUD!

Brutal new Senate report on Russian meddling in 2016 election shows just how extensive the attack was on democracy

default.gif

SARAH K. BURRIS
16 DEC 2018 AT 18:58 ET

putin-800x430.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin (Photo: Screen capture)

The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the extent of the 2016 election meddling at the hands of the Russians.

According to a copy obtained by the Washington Post, Oxford University’s Computational Propaganda Project worked with the network analysis firm Graphika to detail the impacts Russian agents had using every social media platform available.

The Russians attempted “to influence online discourse both in support of President Donald Trump’s candidacy and “to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members [of Trump’s main opposition groups] from voting,” the report said.

The study reviewed the millions of posts provided by major technology companies and is the first of its kind.

The operations reportedly “shifted over time, peaking at key political moments, such as presidential debates or party conventions,” the Post said, citing the report.

“What is clear is that all of the messaging clearly sought to benefit the Republican Party — and specifically Donald Trump,” the report says. “Trump is mentioned most in campaigns targeting conservatives and right-wing voters, where the messaging encouraged these groups to support his campaign. The main groups that could challenge Trump were then provided messaging that sought to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members from voting.”

Some Republicans still refuse to believe Russia had any impact on the election, and Trump maintains it did not influence the votes cast, must less his win. The report disputes that, however. If the election seemed overly toxic and divided, it was part of the plan to anger and then mobilize the GOP base.

“The Russians aimed particular energy at activating conservatives on issues such as gun rights and immigration while sapping the political clout of left-leaning African American voters by undermining their faith in elections and spreading misleading information about how to vote,” the Post reported. “Many other groups — Latinos, Muslims, Christians, gay men and women, liberals, Southerners, veterans — got at least some attention from Russians operating thousands of social media accounts.”...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/new...ack-democracy/
The Washington Post.
Of course.....*rolling eyes*
The WP was only one of many media outlets that reported on the Russia meddling study RELEASED BY THE US SENATE.
The report was done by OXFORD UNIVERSITY & its research partner, which showed ...

The research details a vast campaign spearheaded by the Internet Research Agency (IRA) - a Russian company that has been described by the United States Intelligence Community as a troll farm with ties to the Russian government.”
Russia 'meddled in all big social media'

You should read more than a few WORDS before making judgement, or your stupidity will reveal itself!
Strange how Hillary's best friend, John Podesta worked as an undeclared agent for Ukraine and the the Clinton Foundation never declared their status as a foreign agent working for Russian oligarchs.
So you pissaints come up with these cock&bull conspiracies about Russians trying to influence elections while the Clintons take millions from the Kremlin.

THIS PRESIDENT and his PRESIDENCY IS ILLEGITIMATE. THE "final" 2016 ELECTION RESULT IS A FRAUD!

Brutal new Senate report on Russian meddling in 2016 election shows just how extensive the attack was on democracy

default.gif

SARAH K. BURRIS

putin-800x430.jpg

The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on the extent of the 2016 election meddling at the hands of the Russians.

According to a copy obtained by the Washington Post, Oxford University’s Computational Propaganda Project worked with the network analysis firm Graphika to detail the impacts Russian agents had using every social media platform available.

The Russians attempted “to influence online discourse both in support of President Donald Trump’s candidacy and “to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members [of Trump’s main opposition groups] from voting,” the report said.

The study reviewed the millions of posts provided by major technology companies and is the first of its kind.

The operations reportedly “shifted over time, peaking at key political moments, such as presidential debates or party conventions,” the Post said, citing the report.

“What is clear is that all of the messaging clearly sought to benefit the Republican Party — and specifically Donald Trump,” the report says. “Trump is mentioned most in campaigns targeting conservatives and right-wing voters, where the messaging encouraged these groups to support his campaign. The main groups that could challenge Trump were then provided messaging that sought to confuse, distract and ultimately discourage members from voting.”

Some Republicans still refuse to believe Russia had any impact on the election, and Trump maintains it did not influence the votes cast, must less his win. The report disputes that, however. If the election seemed overly toxic and divided, it was part of the plan to anger and then mobilize the GOP base.

“The Russians aimed particular energy at activating conservatives on issues such as gun rights and immigration while sapping the political clout of left-leaning African American voters by undermining their faith in elections and spreading misleading information about how to vote,” the Post reported. “Many other groups — Latinos, Muslims, Christians, gay men and women, liberals, Southerners, veterans — got at least some attention from Russians operating thousands of social media accounts.”...

The Washington Post.
Of course.....*rolling eyes*
The WP was only one of many media outlets that reported on the Russia meddling study RELEASED BY THE US SENATE.
The report was done by OXFORD UNIVERSITY & its research partner, which showed ...

The research details a vast campaign spearheaded by the Internet Research Agency (IRA) - a Russian company that has been described by the United States Intelligence Community as a troll farm with ties to the Russian government.”
Russia 'meddled in all big social media'

You should read more than a few WORDS before making judgement, or your stupidity will reveal itself!
Strange how Hillary's best friend, John Podesta worked as an undeclared agent for Ukraine and the the Clinton Foundation never declared their status as a foreign agent working for Russian oligarchs.
So you pissaints come up with these cock&bull conspiracies about Russians trying to influence elections while the Clintons take millions from the Kremlin.
I thought it was Trump’s buddy Paul Manafort who aided Ukraine for Putin!
Ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort approved 'black ops' to help Ukraine president

Raw story
Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: The Raw Story is an American online news organization founded in 2004 by John Byrne. It covers current national and international political and economic news and publishes its own editorials and investigative pieces. The Raw Story describes itself as progressive, bringing attention to stories that it sees as downplayed or ignored by other media outlets. Raw Story demonstrates left wing bias in reporting and story selection. Raw Story has a Half-True claim with Politifact and an Unproven claim with Snopes. (5/15/2016)

Saw it! Don't care. The references from media bias uses to supposed non-factual items from 2 very old stories. I don't RS'S 'own reporting' pieces. I used the aggregated stories from all the major newspapers and sites. They 'juice' the headlines. I NEVER found where they change the facts.

PS Remember they STATE WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE, a progressive source to bring progressives stories out. Imagine for a nano-second if it called itself "Fair and Balanced"!!

The Raw Story (also stylized as RawStory[2]) is a left leaning American online news organization founded in 2004 by John K. Byrne. It covers current national and international political and economic news and publishes its own editorials and investigative pieces. The Raw Story is a progressive news site,[3]bringing attention to stories that it sees as downplayed or ignored by other media outlets

Wow, I just read the study and don’t see any of what is being reported .

I've printed it out but haven't read it yet. In the meantime...

I guess 538 (the #s crunchers) just made this all up about Russian trolls? I don't read graphs 'good' and I don't know #s. But I know dates. There are spectacularly OBVIOUS correlations of spikes to political events in the US. (In fact, even more spectacularly obvious is what was going on during the peak this year, then the FLATLINE of their trolling.

Let's see if you can find them...

roeder-russiantweets-1.png

Last edited:

I've printed it out but haven't read it yet. In the meantime...

I guess 538 (the #s crunchers) just made this all up about Russian trolls? I don't read graphs 'good' and I don't know #s. But I know dates. Spectacularly OBVIOUS correlations of spikes to political events in the US.

Let's see if you can find them...

roeder-russiantweets-1.png

Why the hell would it matter, we all hated Hillary anyways.

default.gif

SARAH K. BURRIS

putin-800x430.jpg

Gee, i wonder why he would hate Hillary so much.

Why Putin hates Hillary

She should see it as a badge of honor.

As I understand it "Russian 'trolls'" spent $4,000 on Google and $10,000 on Facebook, yeah?

LOLz
They used the FREE media. You know opening FAKE accounts and getting FOOLS to LOOK and LIKE and spread their propaganda. It worked beautifully. Every LIE made it to this board. Unless THEY actally posted HERE.

PS YOU forgot some of their PAYMENTS IN RUBLES. Did you count those?

As I understand it "Russian 'trolls'" spent $4,000 on Google and $10,000 on Facebook, yeah?

LOLz
They used the FREE media. You know opening FAKE accounts and getting FOOLS to LOOK and LIKE and spread their propaganda. It worked beautifully. Every LIE made it to this board. Unless THEY actally posted HERE.

So you're saying that "Russian's" should not be allowed to buy ads or post on the internet. Got it. Any other nations you'd like to silence on the internet?

Do we also silence/ban American's who agree with said propaganda (truth or not)? Do we need to have a government body that decides what the "truth" is and what "the little people" are allowed to read and write now?

I'm astounded by the dangerous amount of stupid coming from the left on a daily basis. It's amazing. Why don't you haters of free press and free speech leave the free world? I hear China has exactly what you're looking for with their new "social points" thing that'll destroy (down to you can't have a bank account anymore) everything you don't want to hear/read/see.

LOLz

So you're saying that "Russian's" should not be allowed to buy ads or post on the internet. Got it. Any other nations you'd like to silence on the internet?

Do we also silence/ban American's who agree with said propaganda (truth or not)? Do we need to have a government body that decides what the "truth" is and what "the little people" are allowed to read and write now?

I'm astounded by the dangerous amount of stupid coming from the left on a daily basis. It's amazing. Why don't you haters of free press and free speech leave the free world? I hear China has exactly what you're looking for with their new "social points" thing that'll destroy (down to you can't have a bank account anymore) everything you don't want to hear/read/see.

Then why did they hide their buys? Why did they make straw purchases? Use BOGUS NAMES, use BOTS? I produced 10,000 yard signs, 5,000 bumper stickers and 3000 buttons? How come we are REQUIRED BY FEC LAW to print each of our clubs, groups and county's NAMES on each item produced and paid for for each campaign?

RUSSIANS--NON AMERICANS don't have to? Or RUSSIANS get a free pass because they are helping TRUMP?

Last edited:

LOLz

Then why did they hide their buys? Why did they make straw purchases? Use BOGUS NAMES, use BOTS? I produced 10,000 yard signs, 5,000 bumper stickers and 3000 buttons? How come we are REQUIRED BY FEC LAW to print each of our clubs, groups and county's NAMES on each item produced and paid for for each campaign?

RUSSIANS--NON AMERICANS don't have to? Or RUSSIANS get a free pass because they are helping TRUMP?

Still awaiting an answer!!!

Perhaps you should get a kindergarten kid to explain to you what the report said. It condems Putin and his bots completely. I know you will shut your eyes to the truth as it isn't what you want to believe. If you read the report then you would know that many of the bots positions are what some of you on the right are posting as fact. Poor deluded people.

Forum List

Back