Explosion destroys homes in Ind., 2 dead

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Explosion destroys homes in Ind., 2 dead

This explosion rocked my friends home last night, she posted about it on FB, she lives about a half mile away. She thought at first there must have been a earthquake or a plane crash. 2 have been found dead. 2 homes completly leveled by the blast, 27 home declared uninhabitable. Some have thought meth house though. The explosion was big felt miles away. No known cause as of yet:

Doors on the backs of homes on the next street over were blown off the explosion was so powerful. DHS and ATF have responsed to the explosion. No evidence of gas leaks have been found yet.

07b4dfe36c79428da1db3381f1faf07f-aee5acd0c93340ed81147a9d39447c36-0.jpg

Indiana_AP930556764639.jpg

Explosion destroys homes in Ind., 2 dead - CBS News

At least two killed in southeast side explosion, seven others injured - fox59.com

Two dead in home explosion | WISHTV.com - Indianapolis

Highly doubt a meth lab did that much damage.

But holy shit though.

It could be gas.

I knew an older married couple whose house blew up. What investigators figure is they had a gas leak from their furnace, it was on one side of the basement, the garage was on the other. The wife was upstairs, the husband went into the garage and started his truck, and the whole place blew to kingdom come.

I drove past the next day, there was nothing but a huge pile of toothpick - size splinters.

Idiot with propane tanks in the house, maybe?

I had a house fire next door when I was in South Florida. 2 20 pound propane tanks exploded. It didn't even breach the walls of the burning house, much less damage mine 30 feet away.

This has got to be a large quantity of high explosives.

They were probably empty or close to it, then. I watched an exploding LP tank (20lb, a typical BBQ grill tank) take down a stockade fence 50' away! (It was a demonstration by the fire department. The same day, I watched less than one gallon of gasoline reduce a semi trailer to shrapnel!) Also, a tank like that will usually overpressure and pop the relief valve rather than bursting. I have seen beat-up 20lb tanks where the valve was stuck, corroded, removed, or simply never installed. (Gotta love mixing morons and propane.)

Heck, I have seen an exploding TIRE blow a hole in a cinderblock wall!

They were probably empty or close to it, then. I watched an exploding LP tank (20lb, a typical BBQ grill tank) take down a stockade fence 50' away! (It was a demonstration by the fire department. The same day, I watched less than one gallon of gasoline reduce a semi trailer to shrapnel!) Also, a tank like that will usually overpressure and pop the relief valve rather than bursting. I have seen beat-up 20lb tanks where the valve was stuck, corroded, removed, or simply never installed. (Gotta love mixing morons and propane.)

Propane tanks do not explode unless you deliberately jame the release valve making it impossible for them to vent.

I just can't see a propane tank decimating nearly 2 homes and making another 34 uninhabitable, I get fire had something to do with the other two with major damage, but we can’t see two homes because they were completely leveled by the explosion. The doors to homes on the opposite streets were blown off in the back of the home. If you watch the video the roofs of homes have been moved, many of the homes were moved off their foundations.

Deputy Code Enforcement Director Adam Collins said as many as 31 homes were damaged so badly that they might have to be demolished. The explosion damaged a total of 80 homes, he said. He estimated the damage at $3.6 million.

http://www.ldnews.com/national/ci_2...losion-under-investigation?source=most_viewed

Last edited:
Reread my post until it sinks in.

Your eyes have seen the impossible and I am supposed to believe you.

Propane tanks do not explode unless they are tampered with, period.

God and goddess, this is like explaining something to my cats! Reread what I posted. Comprehend it. Respond to what I ACTUALLY POSTED, not what the voices in your head want you to think I posted.

Forum List

Back