Expensive Obama Vacations Bring About Lawsuit, ‘Abuse of Taxpayers’ Money

The fact that the let can't seem to distinguish between lawfully allowed expenditures that the president and every other government employee is allowed to utilize and spending their own money proves that they really do think that this is a monarchy. Why even give the president a salary? Just allow him to take what he wants from the treasury. Corporate CEOs who do the same thing are enemies of the people but when it is government employees (and that is what Obama is) it is AOK. This will be a non-issue to them for that reason.

The fact that some people are justifying Obama's spending by saying Bush did it to only shows that Obama is living up to Bush's example and he was suppose to be the worst president of all time. What does it say that Obama is following in his footsteps?

$20M Compared to what the lawsuit is saying Obama's Entourage-infused boondagles total $74M.

The True cost of BHO is much higher. WH partties, Fundraisers, Golf, Lessons, Vacations, Seperate V,acations, 100's of guests, Pre-travel staff, Doctors, aides, maids, hair, makeup, press, rooms for all at 5 star, entire floors taken for few, Cars, Other planes, water, rentals on and on and on.

$10mil/day*365 days = $3.65Bil/year * 8 years ~=$30bil. This is the cost of unlimited all you can eat.

Since the President has to pay his own personal expenses, and the expenses of the government staff is about the same if he stays at the White House or travels, all that matters to the taxpayers is how much it cost to fly the President to and from his vacations on Air Force One.

Since Bush took way more vacations than Obama, even though he stayed at Crawford for most of them, his vacations cost the taxpayers far more than Obama's.

Bull. Jake. don't make me angry. You think Sleazebag BHO follows any rules and pays his way? funny, The cost is no where near the same as living at own home and commuting to work, then standing around. It is 100s' of rooms at thousands/night multiple sites/floors etc.

The fact that some people are justifying Obama's spending by saying Bush did it to only shows that Obama is living up to Bush's example and he was suppose to be the worst president of all time. What does it say that Obama is following in his footsteps?

AND he came in "the biggest recession in history of the world" and ramped up frivolous spending Throughout the GOVT to the 10th power. Disgraceful Disgusting rotten example for America.

Disgraceful Disgusting rotten example for America.

Agree. When petty, punk Republican right wing assholes want to worry about the chump change this President spends on vacation it is disgraceful and disgusting.

Instead lets talk about the hundreds of billions of dollars George Bush wasted in Iraq. that invasion was disgusting and disgraceful.

FINALLY! Look What's Happening to Obama for Wasting Taxpayer Dollars on Vacations...

Put a beggar on horseback and he rides straight to hell. He is THE WORST POTUS, NOT a Christian and against Christianity, coddles terrorists' mentality and wants to destroy America. He is a disgrace to his race and the American people.

Barrack Hussein Obama as candidate in 2008 promised no vacations and even swore off leisure time.

Did he? Because by that same 'logic', Obama promised never to sleep while President.

Now how much sense does that make?

How much sense did it make then to support Obama for all of his broken promises?

So per your logic, he 'promised' not to sleep while president? I just want you on record.

Breaking a promise meant not sleeping that would have had more appeal to the American people vs spending $74M in their money on elite stile living and saying fuck you in the process. That is the legacy.

Agree. When petty, punk Republican right wing assholes want to worry about the chump change this President spends on vacation it is disgraceful and disgusting.

Instead lets talk about the hundreds of billions of dollars George Bush wasted in Iraq. that invasion was disgusting and disgraceful.

1st, Did not like that spending either (not when not in it to win and get out). 2nd, Military spending is $600bil/year no matter if they go to action or not. BHO stuff is frivolous, spent on a few elite. Nothing to show for it. 3rd because 2003 was wrong does not make 2015 unlimited waste OK.

FINALLY! Look What's Happening to Obama for Wasting Taxpayer Dollars on Vacations...

Put a beggar on horseback and he rides straight to hell. He is THE WORST POTUS, NOT a Christian and against Christianity, coddles terrorists' mentality and wants to destroy America. He is a disgrace to his race and the American people.

Barrack Hussein Obama as candidate in 2008 promised no vacations and even swore off leisure time.

Did he? Because by that same 'logic', Obama promised never to sleep while President.

Now how much sense does that make?

How much sense did it make then to support Obama for all of his broken promises?

So per your logic, he 'promised' not to sleep while president? I just want you on record.

Breaking a promise meant not sleeping that would have had more appeal to the American people vs spending $74M in their money on elite stile living and saying fuck you in the process. That is the legacy.

Notice you didn't actually answer my question. By your 'logic', did Obama promise not to sleep while president?

As for security, they're more than welcome to it. We protect our presidents and their families. Party is irrelevant. Bush, Barbara and the twins got protected. Obama, Michelle and the girls get protected. Whomever follows Obama gets protected.

Your shrill partisanship doesn't factor in.

The real solution is just to end presidential pay and let him take whatever he wants from the treasury. This way he can spend to his heart's desire. Why not just let him take it all! Every ounce of tax payer dollars will be his money. I guess Obama really does own America at that point. I don't know what we will do about deficit spending because Obama might need some new shoes or something.

Government was far cheaper when we were ruled by a monarchy.

How come this stupid phony outrage crap comes up every 6 months or so?

The president needs an entourage, an expensive one, including the secret service....

This stuff gets more and more expensive every year, and the GOP always tries to exploit those figures to promote the idea that Obama spends more on vacations than anyone before.

The Democrats will be doing the same thing to the next President...like they hammered on "W" for his Crawford trips

The point is that milk runs to Crawford were a bargain to egregious quantities and extravagance associated with vacations. The Democrats made the stink about cheaper trips to Crawford yet tell US to accept the Marie Antoinette lifestyle of their guys.

milk runs?

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

Obama has spent more than that on one vacation in Hawaii.

The real solution is just to end presidential pay and let him take whatever he wants from the treasury. This way he can spend to his heart's desire. Why not just let him take it all! Every ounce of tax payer dollars will be his money. I guess Obama really does own America at that point. I don't know what we will do about deficit spending because Obama might need some new shoes or something.
A President and his entourage could stay at the finest hotel in Paris for a year, and it would be a teeny tiny fraction of the money our Republican congress spends on congressional hearings created for electioneering purposes only

No it wouldn't

Since the President has to pay his own personal expenses, and the expenses of the government staff is about the same if he stays at the White House or travels, all that matters to the taxpayers is how much it cost to fly the President to and from his vacations on Air Force One.

Since Bush took way more vacations than Obama, even though he stayed at Crawford for most of them, his vacations cost the taxpayers far more than Obama's.

You're forgetting room and board for the staff, which gets very expensive.

More wasted court time...

I totally agree. The monarchy can do whatever it wants with government money. It might be wrong and all but the courts will side with Obama and let him do whatever he wants with government money. They last time I checked whenever a CEO of a corporation uses corporate money for personal use that was call embezzlment but this is OBAMA and obama can do whatever he wants because he is king of America.

We don't have a monarchy. Every president gets security for himself and his family. And last time you checked, you didn't have the slighest clue what you were talking about.

The only difference between our government and a monarchy is that Obama doesn't get to designate his successor.

I've been saying WE will all be Shocked how much that couple has HOSED us taxpayers for with all their expensive living once he moved on up to the east side.

some of the worst IN our face spending I've seen out of someone who was basically a NOBODY, before he was Crowned this thing sent down from the heavens above.

I guess that was part of his Transformation of the country and the people in it he supposedly care about.

it was sickening to watch it. and then hear them spew about how he Inheirted the worst: recession since the GREAT depression.

Let see here

We have this

24GH6662-1.jpg

And we have this

obama-beach.jpg

and this

825e91ac-6a0e-4ed1-b3f2-044394c45636.jpg

Obama has spent more than that on one vacation in Hawaii.

Yep. they keep saying "that is where he is from". But he has no home there? Massive housing cost each trip for weeks for 100's at $1K/night easy. No to mention food, cars, cabs, rentals, group parties. Hey it adds up fast. A super cheap international business weeklong trip is costly for one.

More wasted court time...

I totally agree. The monarchy can do whatever it wants with government money. It might be wrong and all but the courts will side with Obama and let him do whatever he wants with government money. They last time I checked whenever a CEO of a corporation uses corporate money for personal use that was call embezzlment but this is OBAMA and obama can do whatever he wants because he is king of America.

We don't have a monarchy. Every president gets security for himself and his family. And last time you checked, you didn't have the slighest clue what you were talking about.

The only difference between our government and a monarchy is that Obama doesn't get to designate his successor.

That's the only difference? Really?

How come this stupid phony outrage crap comes up every 6 months or so?

The president needs an entourage, an expensive one, including the secret service....

This stuff gets more and more expensive every year, and the GOP always tries to exploit those figures to promote the idea that Obama spends more on vacations than anyone before.

The Democrats will be doing the same thing to the next President...like they hammered on "W" for his Crawford trips

Sorry. Nobody ever hammered W on the cost of his Crawford trips. He was hammered for the frequency of the trips. Still, he was given much slack by his political opponents because we know that the POTUS is never completely on vacation.

And....the next president will likely be a Democrat.....so your point is kind of moot.

Forum List

Back