Exclusive poll: 62% of NFL fans plan to watch less football..So long terrorist

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Exclusive poll: 62% of NFL fans plan to watch less football

• http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/cc/en-us/
    Is it a passing storm or an existential problem? That’s a key question for the NFL as it grapples with the mushrooming controversy of players kneeling in protest during the national anthem, and President Donald Trump’s persistent bashing of the kneelers.

A new Yahoo Finance poll suggests the NFL has an enduring problem on its hands. Nearly 62% of 9,056 respondents told us they plan to watch less pro football in response to the anthem controversy. Thirty-six percent said they plan to buy less NFL merchandise, and 32% have chosen not to attend a game they would otherwise have gone to. Those findings all have financial implications for the NFL and its 32 team owners.

We wanted to limit our survey, conducted online via SurveyMonkey from Sept. 28-29, to people who patronize the NFL, and exclude people who have an opinion but don’t watch football. So we only counted answers from people who describe themselves as pro football fans. Eighty-eight percent of respondents said they watch at least one game per week, with 46% of those saying they watch more than two games. (Here are the full survey results. The number of responses varies from question to question.)

Who is the terrorist...according to the post? Are the players terrorists now? Just clarifying if you are able to read...

• Is it a passing storm or an existential problem? That’s a key question for the NFL as it grapples with the mushrooming controversy of players kneeling in protest during the national anthem, and President Donald Trump’s persistent bashing of the kneelers.

A new Yahoo Finance poll suggests the NFL has an enduring problem on its hands. Nearly 62% of 9,056 respondents told us they plan to watch less pro football in response to the anthem controversy. Thirty-six percent said they plan to buy less NFL merchandise, and 32% have chosen not to attend a game they would otherwise have gone to. Those findings all have financial implications for the NFL and its 32 team owners.

We wanted to limit our survey, conducted online via SurveyMonkey from Sept. 28-29, to people who patronize the NFL, and exclude people who have an opinion but don’t watch football. So we only counted answers from people who describe themselves as pro football fans. Eighty-eight percent of respondents said they watch at least one game per week, with 46% of those saying they watch more than two games. (Here are the full survey results. The number of responses varies from question to question.)

Online polls don't hold a lot of water, but one thing for sure is that the protests didn't produce anything positive. Negative? For sure. Over here, one of our VFW posts made the news because of their sign in front of the establishment stated NO NFL GAMES WILL BE PLAYED HERE!

When the Cleveland Browns pulled off their stunt early in the season, one of my coworkers said he and his wife will never turn on another Browns game again (not that they would be missing much). They even went as far as to notify their friends and family who may consider coming over to watch a game some day.

He's a retired Cleveland police officer with 30 years in the department. His wife was more outraged than he was giving the fact she was the woman who waited patiently for her husband to return home safe and alive every day or night.

Like I said, no positive results. No police department changed their policies to make it more dangerous for the police and less dangerous for the criminals. That I know of, no police department backed down because of the kneeling.

However, it seems that the NFL is the organization that took the biggest hit. The NFL is who employs these jokers and made them millionaires for playing a kids game. In comparison to the stupidity, that would be like me being mad at Donald Trump for something, so I crash my bosses truck into a lamp post to get even with the President.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back