"Peace in our time": Nuclear agreement with Iran?

Devil's in the details folks. I suggest you wait until the details are revealed.

Agreed it would be nice if this turns out to be a truly good deal but Iran has played both Republican and Democratic administrations and the world as a whole for suckers more than once.

Perhaps you can tell me how Iran sunk the USS liberty and got paid to do so.
Sorry, that was Israel playing you as suckers.

Devil's in the details folks. I suggest you wait until the details are revealed.

Agreed it would be nice if this turns out to be a truly good deal but Iran has played both Republican and Democratic administrations and the world as a whole for suckers more than once.

What the hell does that have to do with this deal and the fact that over the years Iran has acted like they were agreeable to deals only to go back on them?

The only hope the middle east has now is the alliance between Israel and Saudi Arabia. The Sauds just bought two nuclear bombs from Pakistan. It looks like those will be used before too long.

It won't take six months. Iran is closer to building bombs than it ever was or they would never have agreed to this. This is the infusion of cash they were waiting for.

When do the Republicans in Congress get to see this written "deal" between 6 powers and Iran?

Or will they have to read tomorrow morning's The Daily Mail, London Times, etc. to find anything out?

:rolleyes:

When do the Republicans in Congress get to see this written "deal" between 6 powers and Iran?

Or will they have to read tomorrow morning's The Daily Mail, London Times, etc. to find anything out?

:rolleyes:

It will rammed through the Senate on a 50 vote majority after Reid strips the filibuster from all remaining legislation.
Let's face it: if the Iranians agreed to it, it's a suckers deal. With Obama&Co negotiating it, you know it. These are the same people who got played by Assad.

What the hell does that have to do with this deal and the fact that over the years Iran has acted like they were agreeable to deals only to go back on them?

2 pathological liars making a deal...I feel safer already

BBC News - Iran nuclear: Geneva talks 'reach deal'

Iran and the international community have reached an agreement that'll avert a useless war and allow Iran to flourish as part of the international community.
I fully expect Israel to poo poo the deal and call for bombing, maiming and murder but their blood lust had been restricted by this.

Any war would have cost thousands of lives, including American troops, and taken the middle east to a state of absolute chaos.
The world leaders concerned, including Obama, have just saved a lot of American lives and saved you a fat pile of cash in the deal.

How is it excellent news if you haven't even see the deal?:cuckoo:

I've listed what I believe is necessary to make this agreement worth looking at.

Iran dismantling its research and production machinery for fuel and nuclear weapons, and free access by inspectors to ALL areas of the country, and all buildings, where such developments or production can be done, for years.

Does anygbody disagree, that those things are necessary?

Has there been any word that anything like that is even being discussed, much less agreed to?

BBC News - Iran nuclear: Geneva talks 'reach deal'

Iran and the international community have reached an agreement that'll avert a useless war and allow Iran to flourish as part of the international community.
I fully expect Israel to poo poo the deal and call for bombing, maiming and murder but their blood lust had been restricted by this.

Any war would have cost thousands of lives, including American troops, and taken the middle east to a state of absolute chaos.
The world leaders concerned, including Obama, have just saved a lot of American lives and saved you a fat pile of cash in the deal.

How is it excellent news if you haven't even see the deal?:cuckoo:

They have to like it before they see what's in it.

The only hope the middle east has now is the alliance between Israel and Saudi Arabia. The Sauds just bought two nuclear bombs from Pakistan. It looks like those will be used before too long.

Excellent. From bombing nuclear facilities to starting a nuclear war.
The stupidity of these suggestions is amazing.

I've listed what I believe is necessary to make this agreement worth looking at.

Iran dismantling its research and production machinery for fuel and nuclear weapons, and free access by inspectors to ALL areas of the country, and all buildings, where such developments or production can be done, for years.

Does anygbody disagree, that those things are necessary?

Has there been any word that anything like that is even being discussed, much less agreed to?

Why should Iran not be allowed to produce nuclear energy?

Excellent. From bombing nuclear facilities to starting a nuclear war.
The stupidity of these suggestions is amazing.

What I find really sad is the fact that as long as we don't use a DRONE to do it = a'ok.

It is ok with them that we flatten cities with airplanes and cruise missiles
It is ok that we spend trillions of our treasure
It is ok that we probably lose 5 or 10 thousand more troops as iran is far bigger power then Iraq. Not to get into the fact arms, legs and other body parts are removed from our men.
It is ok that we cluster bomb
It is ok to nation build

Heaven forbid that we use a drone as we're doing so as all hell will break lose. See the point I am making?

Last edited:
This would be a great thing... if we could put any faith in it.

On par with England reaching a peace agreement with Hitler in 1938.

But... remember how that one actually turned out?

One difference: Hitler didn't have nukes.

I'm not hearing the least skepticism on the news as I type this.

I expect that to change VERY soon.

When I hear the following:

U.S. and other countries have sent inspecttors into every plant associated with Iran's nuclear effot, and all of them report that they witnessed Iran's nuclear processing plants being shut down, the machinery removed, and ALL of Iran's nuclear capability being reduced to the levels demanded by the major world powers. Iran is now fully in compliance with the major powers' requirements.

Furthermore, Iran has fully agreed that the inspectors will stay in place, with complete ability to videotape, film, capture, and othewise record and broadcast everything going on in ALL plants at any time they want, with no interference.

When I hear that on all major news channels, THEN it will be "news".

Until then, it's just the "civilized" world falling for another middle Eastern lie. Harldy news at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

By Parisa Hafezi and Justyna Pawlak12 minutes ago

GENEVA (Reuters) - Iran and six world powers reached a breakthrough agreement early on Sunday to curb Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief, in a first step towards resolving a dangerous decade-old standoff.

The deal between the Islamic state and the United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia was nailed down after more than four days of negotiations.

"We have reached an agreement," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on his Twitter feed. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also confirmed the deal.

Iran will get access to $4.2 billion in foreign exchange as part of the accord, a Western diplomat said. No other details of the agreement were immediately available.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and foreign ministers of the five other world powers joined the negotiations with Iran early on Saturday as the two sides appeared to be edging closer to a long-sought preliminary agreement.

Godwin in our time.

Forum List

Back