"Peace in our time": Nuclear agreement with Iran?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
This would be a great thing... if we could put any faith in it.

On par with England reaching a peace agreement with Hitler in 1938.

But... remember how that one actually turned out?

One difference: Hitler didn't have nukes.

I'm not hearing the least skepticism on the news as I type this.

I expect that to change VERY soon.

When I hear the following:

U.S. and other countries have sent inspecttors into every plant associated with Iran's nuclear effot, and all of them report that they witnessed Iran's nuclear processing plants being shut down, the machinery removed, and ALL of Iran's nuclear capability being reduced to the levels demanded by the major world powers. Iran is now fully in compliance with the major powers' requirements.

Furthermore, Iran has fully agreed that the inspectors will stay in place, with complete ability to videotape, film, capture, and othewise record and broadcast everything going on in ALL plants at any time they want, with no interference.

When I hear that on all major news channels, THEN it will be "news".

Until then, it's just the "civilized" world falling for another middle Eastern lie. Harldy news at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

Iran, six world powers clinch breakthrough nuclear deal

By Parisa Hafezi and Justyna Pawlak12 minutes ago

GENEVA (Reuters) - Iran and six world powers reached a breakthrough agreement early on Sunday to curb Tehran's nuclear program in exchange for limited sanctions relief, in a first step towards resolving a dangerous decade-old standoff.

The deal between the Islamic state and the United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia was nailed down after more than four days of negotiations.

"We have reached an agreement," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on his Twitter feed. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also confirmed the deal.

Iran will get access to $4.2 billion in foreign exchange as part of the accord, a Western diplomat said. No other details of the agreement were immediately available.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and foreign ministers of the five other world powers joined the negotiations with Iran early on Saturday as the two sides appeared to be edging closer to a long-sought preliminary agreement.

Iran and 6 world powers reach a deal to halt Iran's nuclear program for six months in exchange for relief of crippling sanctions. President to speak at 10:35 PM EST

A deal between six world powers and Iran has been struck, Fox News confirms.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said, `'Yes, we have a deal," as he walked past reporters crowding the hotel lobby where marathon negotiations had taken place over the past five days.

Asked if there was a deal, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said `'Yes" and gave a thumbs up sign.

Deal reached on Iranian nuclear program | Fox News

Here's the good news. Obama and his people are behind this deal. You know...the same people who brought you Healthcare.gov.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

Bad news for Israel. This might be a foreign policy disaster in the making. Israel has protested this deal from the start, to be ignored by it's key ally, the US, and 5 other nations.

Good.

We don't need anymore war and nation building....Oh'yess we can with you people as long as we don't use DRONES.

Hundreds of thousands of dead people and trillions in treasure is the otherside of the coin. Thank god we have Barack Obama fighting for a deal!

After hearing obama and others. This is going to be a tremendous disaster. obama put everything on the line hoping Iran isn't lying. He was so anxious to take credit that he's totally dismissed the Iranian penchant for saying anything to get what they want. Meanwhile the sanctions are gone and we give them 9 billion dollars.

Remember this day. It will go down in history the same way the Munich Agreement did.

Now I am starting to hear a little bit of skepticism on the "news" channels.

As Candy Crowley on CNN just said, this agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on unless Iran actually starts dismantling its centrifuges and other machinery.

I would add that they must do that... AND allow inspectors from the major countries involved, free access to ALL areas of Iran where such research and development can be done, for YEARS.

If Iran actually does that (not just promises to do that), then it will the first indication that they are actually serious about reducing their capability to develop a nuclear bomb.

OTOH, if Iran does NOT do that, then that tells us all we need to know about how "serioous" they are: namely, they aren't serious about it at all.

So far we have no reason to believe they will keep their word.

I hope subsequent events over the next months and years, changes that.

BBC News - Iran nuclear: Geneva talks 'reach deal'

Iran and the international community have reached an agreement that'll avert a useless war and allow Iran to flourish as part of the international community.
I fully expect Israel to poo poo the deal and call for bombing, maiming and murder but their blood lust had been restricted by this.

Any war would have cost thousands of lives, including American troops, and taken the middle east to a state of absolute chaos.
The world leaders concerned, including Obama, have just saved a lot of American lives and saved you a fat pile of cash in the deal.

The inspectors will be able to review video tapes of the facilities. They can't go there but will be able to view tapes every day.

This is going to be a disaster of monumetal proportions. World shaking proportions.

Here's the good news. Obama and his people are behind this deal. You know...the same people who brought you Healthcare.gov.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

A lot of American soldiers won't need haelthcare now as they won't have been injured in pointless battles, only to be told, Iran didn't have WMD and it was all a big mistake.

Forum List

Back