"Peace in our time": Nuclear agreement with Iran?

The only hope the middle east has now is the alliance between Israel and Saudi Arabia. The Sauds just bought two nuclear bombs from Pakistan. It looks like those will be used before too long.

Excellent. From bombing nuclear facilities to starting a nuclear war.
The stupidity of these suggestions is amazing.

What I find really sad is the fact that as long as we don't use a DRONE to do it = a'ok.

It is ok with them that we flatten cities with airplanes and cruise missiles
It is ok that we spend trillions of our treasure
It is ok that we probably lose 5 or 10 thousand more troops as iran is far bigger power then Iraq. Not to get into the fact arms, legs and other body parts are removed from our men.
It is ok that we cluster bomb
It is ok to nation build

Heaven forbid that we use a drone as we're doing so as all hell will break lose. See the point I am making?

Let me get this right.
You propose war with a country that has no hope of attacking you because it simply doesn't have the equipment to do so, even if it had the will.

Why would you want to?

Posts on this thread show exactly who the aggressors are and none of these posts are coming from Iran.

When do the Republicans in Congress get to see this written "deal" between 6 powers and Iran?

Or will they have to read tomorrow morning's The Daily Mail, London Times, etc. to find anything out?

:rolleyes:

It will rammed through the Senate on a 50 vote majority after Reid strips the filibuster from all remaining legislation.
Let's face it: if the Iranians agreed to it, it's a suckers deal. With Obama&Co negotiating it, you know it. These are the same people who got played by Assad.
With no filibuster the onus is directly on the Democrats to stick up for the American people, and if they don't it will be perilous to their future election. The American people are already mad about redistribution of wealth and conniving crooks running the voting places to ensure Democrat victories, welcoming noncitizens, hostile aliens, and ensuring anyone who shows up can vote, with no way of knowing when they vote 30 times apiece, except in Texas, where you have to show your driver's license in order to vote.

I hope the Democrats do right by America. They just seem so hostile to the Bill of Rights, the Founders, and the Constitution lately, and also I'm appalled at the covetousness and greed expressed toward people who worked hard all their lives and saved for their retirement and an inheritance for loved ones when they die. Vulchering on other people's assets was not anticipated as a right by the founders. That started the year they started helping themselves to inheritances through inheritance taxes so stiff, people who inherit a business have to close it down because it is left with no operating cash. Sometimes the kids don't get their college education funds on account of the greed of politicians to take away inheritances.

I just don't know, Rabbi. I just don't know. I'm laying 5% odds that the Iranians will stop enriching uranium. Someone was saying on tv that there's only one purpose for plutonium: that is to make nuclear bombs, and the Iranians will not give up their centrifuges as part of this deal. They said they will stop using the centrifuges for 6 months.

And I wish the Ayatollah hadn't made such vicious commentary against Israel day before yesterday. Where did he suddenly get this urge to make a deal, and what did we get out of the deal? Will Israel our ally now be safe?

Well, I'm a little worried, but I will pray anyway tonight for the people of the region to turn around and do what is right and just for each other. That's where peace begins. Peace begins in the changed hearts of men on the street and in the palaces of power. If the Iranians do keep their word, there will be peace and plenty for them initially, and if they are good to their people with their windfall, maybe they will make it their business to overcome centuries of antipathy and enter into centuries of cooperation and work together and earn each other's trust. That is the essence of my prayer. The ball is in the court of the nations of the Middle East now.

Best wishes for a calmer Middle East.

May that 5% chance become a 95% chance of peace before the sun rises on Catalina Island tomorrow morning. :eusa_pray:

Good night.

I've listed what I believe is necessary to make this agreement worth looking at.

Iran dismantling its research and production machinery for fuel and nuclear weapons, and free access by inspectors to ALL areas of the country, and all buildings, where such developments or production can be done, for years.

Does anygbody disagree, that those things are necessary?

Has there been any word that anything like that is even being discussed, much less agreed to?

Why should Iran not be allowed to produce nuclear energy?
Dear Ace, plutonium is used for nuclear weapons, never for power. Let's hope the Iranians play nice. They're on my prayer list. :)

I've listed what I believe is necessary to make this agreement worth looking at.

Iran dismantling its research and production machinery for fuel and nuclear weapons, and free access by inspectors to ALL areas of the country, and all buildings, where such developments or production can be done, for years.

Does anygbody disagree, that those things are necessary?

Has there been any word that anything like that is even being discussed, much less agreed to?

Why should Iran not be allowed to produce nuclear energy?
Dear Ace, plutonium is used for nuclear weapons, never for power. Let's hope the Iranians play nice. They're on my prayer list. :)

False.

Plutonium

When do the Republicans in Congress get to see this written "deal" between 6 powers and Iran?

Or will they have to read tomorrow morning's The Daily Mail, London Times, etc. to find anything out?

:rolleyes:

It will rammed through the Senate on a 50 vote majority after Reid strips the filibuster from all remaining legislation.
Let's face it: if the Iranians agreed to it, it's a suckers deal. With Obama&Co negotiating it, you know it. These are the same people who got played by Assad.

That or the world powers have realised the nuclear bullshit was made up by the bastards in the Israeli government.

Posts on this thread show exactly who the aggressors are and none of these posts are coming from Iran.
Fred, people are uncertain at this hour. I'm praying Iran will play nice with its neighbors from now on. :eusa_angel:

People aren't uncertain in this thread; they're calling for war against a nation that has never attacked another country.
However, America was doing plenty to try to start a war.

Still, the Iranians did put their country right in the middle of all those American bases so they must have some blame here.

usbasesme.jpg

woohoo, Obama kills Bin Laden without attacking the wrong country, killing thousands of Americans and spending trillions of dollars and-----and Obama made it possible to take out Qaddaffi and-----and Obama removes chemical weapons from Syria without firing a shot and now-----and now Obama's diplomacy seems to have put Iran's nuclear program on...TBD

If Obama's team pulls this one off don't expect to see a T-publican in the White House for at least a generation...here's what Israeli News is saying at 11/24/2013, 4:11 AM: Iran, World Powers Reach Deal - Middle East - News - Israel National News

woohoo, Obama kills Bin Laden without attacking the wrong country, killing thousands of Americans and spending trillions of dollars and-----and Obama made it possible to take out Qaddaffi and-----and Obama removes chemical weapons from Syria without firing a shot and now-----and now Obama's diplomacy seems to have put Iran's nuclear program on...TBD

If Obama's team pulls this one off don't expect to see a T-publican in the White House for at least a generation...here's what Israeli News is saying at 11/24/2013, 4:11 AM: Iran, World Powers Reach Deal - Middle East - News - Israel National News

And without fighting a war on behalf of Israel.
Nice one, Barry.

I really don't see what Americans are worried about here.
Obama has just saved thousands of American lives by averting an attack on a country that was no threat to America.

That lot should be shaking his hand but they seem to be so stupid, they want Americans dead to save Israel losing people.
Mercy me, that lot must really love Israel, because they're willing to see their fathers and sons killed in a war fought for Israel.

Perhaps they could scrap old glory over the white house and replace it with a shitty blue and white thing, complete with a star of david.

Fucking A!

The diplomatic talks were at times grueling. They came in fits and starts, and nearly collapsed more than once. But this evening in Geneva, the United States, Britain, China, France, Germany, and Russia reached a nuclear deal with Iran.

NBC News confirmed through multiple sources that a deal was reached, a historic breakthrough in the world’s decade-long nuclear standoff with Iran, and in the 35-year-long diplomatic freeze between Iran and the United States. […]

Iran and six of the world’s powers … agreed on a “first step deal” that is meant to limit advancements in Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for easing some of the economic sanctions that have deeply hurt Iran’s economy. […]

While the “first step” deal is currently set to last for a period of just six months, it has set off a massive sense of relief on all sides in Geneva as it is expected to make Iran less capable of building a nuclear bomb for the time being, while at the same time easing the financial pain Iran’s economy has been enduring under the sanctions. Perhaps most significantly, it also makes a final comprehensive nuclear agreement between Iran and the world suddenly more possible.

The specific details of the agreement, reached after marathon talks that concluded at 3 a.m. local time, have not yet been released. That said, the New York Times report sketched out the broad blueprint: The freeze [of Iran’s nuclear program] would last six months, with the aim of giving international negotiators time to pursue the far more challenging task of drafting a comprehensive accord that would ratchet back much of Iran’s nuclear program and ensure that it could be used only for peaceful purposes…. According to the accord, Iran would agree to stop enriching uranium beyond 5 percent. To make good on that pledge, Iran would dismantle the links between networks of centrifuges.”Historic Iranian deal reached | MSNBC

Amazing..

:clap:

Let's hope this sticks.

Forum List

Back