'Ex-sceptic says climate change is down to humans'

The earth is flat, the earth is flat.

I am always amazed that the global warming deniers know as much about climate or weather as they know about particle physics, but since corporations manage their minds

I picked you out not to pick on you, but because I give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you are not quite as ignorant as the rest of the lefties who post here and perhaps you really do work for a living...and perhaps you also care more about pollution than politics. That`s a lot of ifs and perhaps, but at least I tried.
1.) you have a rather high opinion of "climate scientists"
Have you ever met any of them in person?
I have...lots of them, at least those who "worked" close to the pole.
We (the military...but I`m retired now) are the only means to get to Northern Greenland, where the really big glaciers are...
scaled.php

scaled.php

and to Ellesmere Island where the Arctic "Climate Research" Stations are.
We supply them, feed them. baby sit them and even calibrate their instruments...that was part of my job.
This is the Eureka "Astro Lab" the Canadian Government shut down last month:
scaled.php

This is a typical "scientist" who worked there,...:
scaled.php

What most of them really were, this one no exception..he was a B.A. student going for an English major...in other words just a trained "lab monkey" who had no clue how to calibrate an IR Spectroscope or that Gaschromathograph you see in the background.
But smoking dope, drink beer and that he did do rather well:
scaled.php

Now I already told You that I still drive my 1988 Ford Van and I am 100% certain I get a way better gas mileage than what our resident "climate scientists" drive to "work" up there:
scaled.php

I know exactly what their gas mileage is, because we have to deliver the fuel. We burn ~17 gallons in our Herc Transports for each gallon we deliver from AFB Thule. That f-ing truck gets max 4.5 miles per gallon when it`s in motion and when it`s not they simply let it idle all winter long...unless it`s in our shop.
So how exactly is this or any of the other "climate scientists" helping to curb CO2 emmissions?...and before you answer that, let me inform you that we have to run 4 diesel Generators 24/7 full bore to keep these "scientists" from freezing.
scaled.php

I`m a skeptic, but at least I did my share when it comes to CO2 emissions at least the CO2 these turkeys detect near the pole:

scaled.php

After I was done with that tour of duty the fuel consumption at CFS Alert was 1/3rd of what it was before...and don`t forget to factor in the 17 gallons jet fuel it also takes to fly in fuel for the power plant.
After this one I did all the other power plants up there...
2.)How much fuel did you help to save...or any of the politicians you elected?

Last edited:
The environmental radicals love to hoot and holler but never come up with dick for any kind of practical solutions to "climate change". Its hysterical..........but hey, they can then go out and live life without the guilt. That is the story of the life of a far left liberal............smug philisophical assholes who possess a keen eye for pointing out problems, usually with zero practical solutions. And the solutions they come up with are fucking disasterous.

The environmental radicals love to hoot and holler but never come up with dick for any kind of practical solutions to "climate change". Its hysterical..........but hey, they can then go out and live life without the guilt. That is the story of the life of a far left liberal............smug philisophical assholes who possess a keen eye for pointing out problems, usually with zero practical solutions. And the solutions they come up with are fucking disasterous.

Phase coal out with 150 new nuclear plants and more research into extending the range of the hybrid car. Once we can get that up to around 120-200 miles with a hour charge...Well, I think we will have a pretty good system. We will have dependable energy with low co2 output.

Phase coal out with 150 new nuclear plants and more research into extending the range of the hybrid car. Once we can get that up to around 120-200 miles with a hour charge...Well, I think we will have a pretty good system. We will have dependable energy with low co2 output.
You got the part about nuclear power and coal right especially if You were talking about the really dirty coal plants in China. They are building them at a rate of 1 almost per every 10 days. American coal plants are pretty clean by comparison. The worst part about burning coal is not really the CO2, but the sulfur content.
In the US, Germany etc they use SO2 scrubbers, but the Chinese don`t bother. As far as hybrid cars,...they do have a chance but never as a "stand alone" electrical for the range, charging time and reasonable use, and what reasonable people do expect from personal transportation. In Montana, North Dakota and Minnesota You`ld have a real problem in the winter. Not only how you keep warm and the windows free of ice, but the range is severely degraded already at ~ 0 Celsius:
Carsharing-Projekt : Frost stoppt die Elektro-Euphorie - SPIEGEL ONLINE
And that was 2010 in Berlin, not the much colder 2011/2012 Winter.
If You want me to translate this article just say so.
But I`m sure You can get the drift from the words "frost", ."stopped the "elektro". ."euphoria" what it was all about.
The range was depleted by 30% and that was at only 0 Celsius. Imagine what it`s like trying to drive this during January in Minneapolis.
We are not talking just about one particular make of "e-car" but about the entire spectrum the city of Berlin tested with this heavily tax payer subsidized program.
image-163244-galleryV9-aara.jpg

image-163235-galleryV9-ykbf.jpg

But electric cars that would indeed work could in fact be built if we would not have so many nut cases amongst us that buy fertilizer to blow up people or want to use radioactive material to make "dirty bombs".
Up north we use "nuclear batteries" which last for decades. We have to because as you know it`s dark 24/7 up there all winter long and during the summer the sun circles around. That small solar cell You see is not to power up this link and "sees" the summer sun only for ~ 12 hours/day. It`s only for something similar as the small rechargeable BIOS date/clock CMOS Battery in your PC does.
scaled.php

These ones are out of reach for the general public. Pose no radiation danger and would power a car no problem..!!!
The "nukes" put out high DC voltage and they are also used in the newer Mark48 Torpedo versions. Don`t ask me how much they cost, but they are not exactly top dollar "space age technology" and Thorium is found with every Uranium deposit and does not leave You with highly toxic residues after it`s been depleted. I would pounce on the chance to buy an electric car that uses these, not because I`m worried about CO2, but because I know first hand just how well and reliable these batteries are. At my age I would not have to worry about "re-fueling" for the rest of my life.!!!
But further south the riff-raff would vandalize, steel or use them for their own twisted purpose in no time.

Last edited:
There are many small nuclear companies pushing compact "local" nuclear power. Placed underground without need for water or service.. One could power a 100 home subdivision.. Don't even NEED a grid connection.

6 Nuclear Power Startups To Watch — Cleantech News and Analysis

..Feb 16, 2010 - 12:00PM PT

Nuclear Power Startups To WatchBy Jeff St. John

Take small-scale nuclear plants, which are the target of some $38.8 million in proposed 2011 DOE spending. These are pretty much limited to aircraft carriers and submarines nowadays, but could represent a way for venture capitalists to get in on the nuclear resurgence without spending the billions required for today’s large-scale plants. While experienced nuclear power contractors such as Toshiba and Babcock & Wilcox are working on small scale reactors — as are government labs such as Sandia National Laboratory — so are startups such as NuScale Power and Hyperion Power Generation.

At the same time, companies are researching ways to utilize new fuels for nuclear power, or, in the case of Bill Gates-backed TerraPower, use the fuel normally relegated to waste in today’s fission reactors. And fusion power is being pursued by a handful of startups alongside the government-funded research going on around the world.

Of course, getting into the nuclear power business isn’t like launching a consumer electronics or networking startup. Anyone seeking to commercialize nuclear power technology will face years of testing and certification by government entities such as the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and that means investors will have to be patient. Still, for those willing to wait, here are some of the more intriguing (and well-funded) opportunities out there in the new world of nuclear startups.

NuScale Power: This Corvalis, Ore.-based startup landed $2.65 million from CMEA Capital in September 2008, with the goal of deploying technology developed by DOE and Oregon State University. It wants to make modular, 45-megawatt reactors that can be linked together to generate power at about the same cost — 6 to 9 cents per kilowatt-hour — as traditional, larger nuclear plants. Beyond saving money by building in pieces, NuScale’s passive water cooling system is safer than traditional reactors, the company claims. The company has plans to submit its design to the NRC in early 2012, which will begin a multi-year approval process that could see reactors available by late in the decade.

Hyperion Power Generation: This Santa Fe, N.M.-based startup has landed an undisclosed investment from private equity firm Altira Group to commercialize a “fission battery” technology that emerged from Los Alamos National Laboratory. The Hyperion Power Module — a self-contained cylinder about the size of a hot tub — promises 70 megawatts of heat and 25 megawatts of steam-driven electricity for about $25 million apiece, and is meant to be buried next to remote communities, military bases, tar sand extraction operations and other power-hungry, hard-to-reach areas.

While it’s still on the hunt for a Series B round of funding, Hyperion has been valued at $100 million by its investors, and has plans to open factories capable of churning out about 4,000 units in the coming years. Of course, like its brethren, Hyperion will face a years-long process of seeking approval from the NRC, but it already has a purported customer — Romanian investment company TES Group has said it wants to buy six modules when they’re ready.

The same k00ks remember, who want the United States to disarm are the same k00ks who want to shut down coal in America while the Chinese fire it up doggy dog style for decades. Regular folks know it to be madness. Not the k00ks.......

The again, "cost" is never a consideration for the k00ks where energy is concerned............its "whatever it takes" for them.:blowup: For the fucking fAiL I might add. The majority of the folks still are concerned about their electricity rates...........the anti-k00ks............and thank the Lord for them!!!:rock::rock::rock:

There are many small nuclear companies pushing compact "local" nuclear power. Placed underground without need for water or service.. One could power a 100 home subdivision.. Don't even NEED a grid connection.

Take small-scale nuclear plants, which are the target of some $38.8 million in proposed 2011 DOE spending. These are pretty much limited to aircraft carriers and submarines nowadays, but could represent a way for venture capitalists to get in on the nuclear resurgence without spending the billions required for today’s large-scale plants. While experienced nuclear power contractors such as Toshiba and Babcock & Wilcox are working on small scale reactors — as are government labs such as Sandia National Laboratory — so are startups such as NuScale Power and Hyperion Power Generation.

At the same time, companies are researching ways to utilize new fuels for nuclear power, or, in the case of Bill Gates-backed TerraPower, use the fuel normally relegated to waste in today’s fission reactors. And fusion power is being pursued by a handful of startups alongside the government-funded research going on around the world.

Of course, getting into the nuclear power business isn’t like launching a consumer electronics or networking startup. Anyone seeking to commercialize nuclear power technology will face years of testing and certification by government entities such as the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and that means investors will have to be patient. Still, for those willing to wait, here are some of the more intriguing (and well-funded) opportunities out there in the new world of nuclear startups.

NuScale Power: This Corvalis, Ore.-based startup landed $2.65 million from CMEA Capital in September 2008, with the goal of deploying technology developed by DOE and Oregon State University. It wants to make modular, 45-megawatt reactors that can be linked together to generate power at about the same cost — 6 to 9 cents per kilowatt-hour — as traditional, larger nuclear plants. Beyond saving money by building in pieces, NuScale’s passive water cooling system is safer than traditional reactors, the company claims. The company has plans to submit its design to the NRC in early 2012, which will begin a multi-year approval process that could see reactors available by late in the decade.

Hyperion Power Generation: This Santa Fe, N.M.-based startup has landed an undisclosed investment from private equity firm Altira Group to commercialize a “fission battery” technology that emerged from Los Alamos National Laboratory. The Hyperion Power Module — a self-contained cylinder about the size of a hot tub — promises 70 megawatts of heat and 25 megawatts of steam-driven electricity for about $25 million apiece, and is meant to be buried next to remote communities, military bases, tar sand extraction operations and other power-hungry, hard-to-reach areas.

While it’s still on the hunt for a Series B round of funding, Hyperion has been valued at $100 million by its investors, and has plans to open factories capable of churning out about 4,000 units in the coming years. Of course, like its brethren, Hyperion will face a years-long process of seeking approval from the NRC, but it already has a purported customer — Romanian investment company TES Group has said it wants to buy six modules when they’re ready.
There is no question that nuclear power is technically the best way to go and we have known that since 1940. Had politicians and the general public not interfered since then, like again just recently "Frau Climate Chancellor" of Germany after the Tsunami in Japan we would have had 4.th generation reactors since decades.
That, + it could have been done without the taxpayer`s money being squandered with "research grants" to a whole host of companies who are more in the business to scoop up "research" billion$ than the actual engineering. The "research" many of these companies want to get financed has been done already and at a fraction of the cost that Obama is offering. By the way, a "traveling wave" reactor does not even work like that company You referenced in Your post. But I don`t fault You for that since You did not write it for them:
TerraPower: Think of it as a nuclear reactor that powers itself from its own waste. TerraPower wants to commercialize a “traveling wave nuclear reactor” design that’s been under development since the mid-1990s. The basic idea is to start with enriched uranium — the fuel for today’s nuclear plants — and then utilize the depleted byproduct of the fission process to produce more power. That could lead to a nuclear reactor that doesn’t need to be refueled, or have its waste disposed of.
That web page linked to:
TerraPower: How The Traveling Wave Nuclear Reactor Works — Cleantech News and Analysis
Which uses the same protected trademark logo,which makes it pretty clear that there is a connection...and then You can read exactly what I meant above. Almost every "philantropist" and wannabee "engineer" suddenly jumps on the bandwagon when there are huge tax grants to be had and it became environmentally "responsible"
When Microsoft Chairman and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates mentioned TerraPower in his speech at the exclusive tech conference TED last week, it was the first time that many had heard of the nuclear project. I was monitoring Twitter during Gates’ talk and many audience members at ...
....and get it all wrong in the process:
terrapoweryear16.jpg

Here is how it really does work:

Traveling wave reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he breed-burn wave in TerraPower's TWR design does not move from one end of the reactor to the other[14] but gradually from the inside out. Moreover, as the fuel's composition changes through nuclear transmutation, fuel rods are continually reshuffled within the core to optimize the neutron flux and fuel usage at any given point in time. Thus, instead of letting the wave propagate through the fuel, the fuel itself is moved through a largely stationary burn wave. This is contrary to many media reports,[15] which have popularized the concept as a candle-like reactor with a burn region that moves down a stick of fuel. By replacing a static core configuration with an actively managed "standing wave" or "soliton", however, TerraPower's design avoids the problem of cooling a highly variable burn region. Under this scenario, the reconfiguration of fuel rods is accomplished remotely by robotic devices; the containment vessel remains closed during the procedure, and there is no associated downtime.
And no,it`s not that "simple" to engineer these, one for each 100 houses blocks, like something the resident janitor could run.
Obama, Bill Gates etc might have their awestruck audience, but they have not even the foggiest notion about real physics and engineering.
Again, please don`t take this as a personal attack,...if You did that was not my intention because You are not responsible what other "experts" wrote on their web pages.
You might find this video interesting, but it`s a 1 hour long lecture on Youtube about Thorium reactors:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZR0UKxNPh8&feature=player_embedded"]Energy From Thorium: A Nuclear Waste Burning Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor - YouTube[/ame]

I promise You it`s not a waste of Your time to watch it

You watch the posts on here by the environmental radicals and realize that they live in some sort of a bubble, which is not even debatable.

Its like them looking at the face of somebody with elephantitus, pointing at them and saying, "Shit s0n.......you got a problem there with your face and its about time you do something about it!!!". My question has always been, how the fuck do people get so damaged?

You watch the posts on here by the environmental radicals and realize that they live in some sort of a bubble, which is not even debatable.

Its like them looking at the face of somebody with elephantitus, pointing at them and saying, "Shit s0n.......you got a problem there with your face and its about time you do something about it!!!". My question has always been, how the fuck do people get so damaged?

Bubble? Hell, they're in power.:eusa_boohoo:

Bubble? Hell, they're in power.:eusa_boohoo:

Naahh..........far from it. The pols throw them some bones and keep them just this side of pure misery. At the end of the day, their agenda is just not doable.........its that simple. They'll get a few windmills and solar panels here and there, but this idea we are heading back to the stone age in energy is bantor only for the nutty-asses.

There is no question that nuclear power is technically the best way to go and we have known that since 1940. Had politicians and the general public not interfered since then, like again just recently "Frau Climate Chancellor" of Germany after the Tsunami in Japan we would have had 4.th generation reactors since decades.
That, + it could have been done without the taxpayer`s money being squandered with "research grants" to a whole host of companies who are more in the business to scoop up "research" billion$ than the actual engineering. The "research" many of these companies want to get financed has been done already and at a fraction of the cost that Obama is offering. By the way, a "traveling wave" reactor does not even work like that company You referenced in Your post. But I don`t fault You for that since You did not write it for them:
That web page linked to:
TerraPower: How The Traveling Wave Nuclear Reactor Works — Cleantech News and Analysis
Which uses the same protected trademark logo,which makes it pretty clear that there is a connection...and then You can read exactly what I meant above. Almost every "philantropist" and wannabee "engineer" suddenly jumps on the bandwagon when there are huge tax grants to be had and it became environmentally "responsible"
When Microsoft Chairman and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates mentioned TerraPower in his speech at the exclusive tech conference TED last week, it was the first time that many had heard of the nuclear project. I was monitoring Twitter during Gates’ talk and many audience members at ...
terrapoweryear16.jpg

he breed-burn wave in TerraPower's TWR design does not move from one end of the reactor to the other[14] but gradually from the inside out. Moreover, as the fuel's composition changes through nuclear transmutation, fuel rods are continually reshuffled within the core to optimize the neutron flux and fuel usage at any given point in time. Thus, instead of letting the wave propagate through the fuel, the fuel itself is moved through a largely stationary burn wave. This is contrary to many media reports,[15] which have popularized the concept as a candle-like reactor with a burn region that moves down a stick of fuel. By replacing a static core configuration with an actively managed "standing wave" or "soliton", however, TerraPower's design avoids the problem of cooling a highly variable burn region. Under this scenario, the reconfiguration of fuel rods is accomplished remotely by robotic devices; the containment vessel remains closed during the procedure, and there is no associated downtime.
And no,it`s not that "simple" to engineer these, one for each 100 houses blocks, like something the resident janitor could run.
Obama, Bill Gates etc might have their awestruck audience, but they have not even the foggiest notion about real physics and engineering.
Again, please don`t take this as a personal attack,...if You did that was not my intention because You are not responsible what other "experts" wrote on their web pages.
You might find this video interesting, but it`s a 1 hour long lecture on Youtube about Thorium reactors:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZR0UKxNPh8&feature=player_embedded"]Energy From Thorium: A Nuclear Waste Burning Liquid Salt Thorium Reactor - YouTube[/ame]

Meanwhile -- we sit waiting for miracles to appear out of that list of "Green Alternatives". As tho there's gonna be a huge breakthru in Biomass or Wind..

Here's a solid example of technology that's not yet even being used. I could sell these local power nuclear blocks because the case could be made that any residential subdivision could become power independent and run it's own electricity co-op..

I've got several of these companies under a close eye. If Hyperion or any of the others ever goes public -- I will stand in line for IPO shares...

That web page linked to:
terrapoweryear16.jpg

Meanwhile -- we sit waiting for miracles to appear out of that list of "Green Alternatives". As tho there's gonna be a huge breakthru in Biomass or Wind..

Here's a solid example of technology that's not yet even being used. I could sell these local power nuclear blocks because the case could be made that any residential subdivision could become power independent and run it's own electricity co-op..

I've got several of these companies under a close eye. If Hyperion or any of the others ever goes public -- I will stand in line for IPO shares...
Siemens (Germany) is public and they are taking care of the main engineering part of this project. I`m laughing (again), because the entire southwest area of Manitoba where I am is under a blackout since 20:30 and my house and the Hutterite farm across the Assiniboine River from me are the only houses with the lights on between Portage and the US border...at least that`s what my my daughter`s friends who drove by from Portage have been tweeting. It seems a tornado knocked down one of the main lines coming from the huge Nelson River hydro electric gen-stations. A good part of North Dakota & Minnesota must be blacked out as well if that happened. I got enough fuel to run my Hyundai Gen-set for a whole week if I have to...
I`m amazed that the Rogers 3G I`m connected to is still up, it`s downright intriguing. The funniest part was that just behind my house is the Long Plain First Nations Pow Wow ground and today the "treaty days" got under way. Just as the grand entry got under way...zap out went the power. Now there is no power and no pow-wow. That just goes to show You how even the ones who are "one with nature" take power for granted and depend on it. The Rosedale Hutterite Colony has a big Diesel Generator because the pigs would suffocate from the Ammonia if the barns are not vented. They also have a few Lincoln Diesel generators on their welding trucks and one of them is on his way to put the 'pow" back into the "pow pow"....after my wife phoned them.
I was over there just this afternoon to buy milk fresh of the cow..and if You click on this "Scotty will beam You down"..:

Last edited by a moderator:
"The results confirm the warming trend seen by other groups using different methods."

'Earth is warming, study concludes - Climate unit releases more data - Warming since 1995 'significant''

"A formerly sceptical climate scientist says human activity is causing the Earth to warm, as a new study confirms earlier results on rising temperatures." BBC News - Ex-sceptic says climate change is down to humans

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

Yeah, the big problem of course is Muller was never a sceptic. He's been a devout warmer since day one. Interesting how he finds a need to lie about his past...maybe it has something to do with his "sustainability company he's owned for several years....since long before this latest pathetic attempt at publicity.

"The results confirm the warming trend seen by other groups using different methods."

'Earth is warming, study concludes - Climate unit releases more data - Warming since 1995 'significant''

"A formerly sceptical climate scientist says human activity is causing the Earth to warm, as a new study confirms earlier results on rising temperatures." BBC News - Ex-sceptic says climate change is down to humans

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

There is no way possible for humans to put what we do into the atmosphere and expect to have it not effect things. We will reap what we sow

Indeed s0n..........couldnt agree more. We're certianly not going back to wooden ships and candlelight.

I could not resist shooting a video last night because it was just too funny how helpless my tribal brethren were without the white man`s "evil technology".
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RAFPXvHTVE"]Diesel Power Pow wow - YouTube[/ame]
My wife called our friends across the river and the Hutterites dropped off a diesel gen-set for the Pow wow that stopped dead in its tracks. Today we know that the SW Manitoba grid went down after a main transformer station was hit by lightning.
I wonder how the "energy expert" OldRocks" would have solved that problem. Can You imagine a Hutterite Colony relying on solar & wind "power" crap..! They would loose all the pigs in no time if the Ammonia is not vented from the barns.
My 8 foot 4-blade wind turbine was damaged by hail last week. The leading edges got knicked so bad that it went out of balance and the same hail wrecked 3/4.ers of my solar panels. After 1 1/2 hours my battery bank was discharged and the inverter beeped out. Where we live that means we`ld be without water too because the pump station is down also. That`s why I rely on my 6.5 KVA "CO2 spewing" Hyundai, a Jacuzzi backup pump and a 150 gallon water tank in my basement. The 3G Rogers Internet + all the cell phone service went down shortly after I made that video...so they can`t do any better either eve though they have a lot more money than I do for batteries & inverters. So much for that crap..!!

And electric cars?..Today I would be sooner in Portage on foot before You could re-charge a toy like that with solar under a overcast sky.
Naaw I`ll rahter stick with my trusty V8 fossil fuel burner

Last edited:
Holy Crap P.B. You're living the renewable DREAM aren'tcha? I thought solar PV was immune from hail.

Obviously you have to scuttle your turbine whenever there's a threat of high wind or hail.. LOL..

Sorry man -- I know it's not funny. But it hurts to acknowledge how misdirected our energy policy really is and how much it depends on the "useful idiots" for support..

Holy Crap P.B. You're living the renewable DREAM aren'tcha? I thought solar PV was immune from hail.

Obviously you have to scuttle your turbine whenever there's a threat of high wind or hail.. LOL..

Sorry man -- I know it's not funny. But it hurts to acknowledge how misdirected our energy policy really is and how much it depends on the "useful idiots" for support..
Naah I`m not one of those and yes You are right it`s funny. I too see the humor in all of that. About the wind + solar...I do that because I`m retired and it keeps me from getting bored. Before when I was till active I always had 6 months off after a 6 mo tour of duty in the arctic. So I amused myself driving long haul, German style...because where I grew up we did not have a speed limit:

As You can see I always made sure that our forests don`t get CO2 starved.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgvFXN1t2xk&list=UUvj7dbOY14kt_MFIR1Y1iwA&index=1&feature=plcp"]Hammerlane Memphis to KC.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I`ld rather be doing that than make wind turbines, but my 3 year old great grandson Amadeus does not let me out of his sight.
After I coat these turbine blades with epoxy and re-balance the hail won`t bother them as much as before.
I built that because I wanted to see if I could build a wind turbine on a hobby budget. What I did was rip 2 X4 lumber into strips on my table saw.
Then stacked the strips, center drilled, fanned them like a deck of cards and resin glued that stack so it was a laminate where the pitch versus radius varied exactly the same as it is on a Herc C130 4 blade prop.
We have a few crashed Hercs up in the arctic
scaled.php

scaled.php

and when I got bored there I used such a prop as a windmill...with pretty impressive results. I`m just playing around and no way would I tell anybody to rely on solar or wind.

Last edited:

Yeah, the big problem of course is Muller was never a sceptic.

And there's the idiotic denier cult response to Dr. Muller's climate studies. LOLOLOL. Jeez, you twits are pathetic.

In fact, Dr. Muller was a skeptic in the proper scientific sense of withholding judgment until he felt persuaded by the evidence. The dingbat denier cultists have been bamboozled into thinking that 'skeptic' means a close-minded, anti-scientific, brainwashed dupe like themselves, picking and choosing their data to shore up an ideological position. There is actually an enormous difference between being a true 'skeptic' and being a brainwashed 'denier'.

When a reporter asked him recently if it's really accurate to say he was ever a sceptic, Muller replied: "I have considered myself only to be a properly sceptical scientist. Some people have called me a denier - no, that's completely wrong. If anything, I was agnostic. I just hope that some people like you will read my books and papers, and read what I say - not what people say I say.""

'There's plenty of room for scepticism' – climate study author Richard Muller
The BEST project's Prof Richard Muller on global warming, the meaning of 'scepticism', and the importance of transparency

Friday 3 August 2012

Last edited:

And there's the idiotic denier cult response to Dr. Muller's climate studies. LOLOLOL. Jeez, you twits are pathetic.

In fact, Dr. Muller was a skeptic in the proper scientific sense of withholding judgment until he felt persuaded by the evidence. The dingbat denier cultists have been bamboozled into thinking that 'skeptic' means a close-minded, anti-scientific, brainwashed dupe like themselves, picking and choosing their data to shore up an ideological position. There is actually an enormous difference between being a true 'skeptic' and being a brainwashed 'denier'.

When a reporter asked him recently if it's really accurate to say he was ever a sceptic, Muller replied: "I have considered myself only to be a properly sceptical scientist. Some people have called me a denier - no, that's completely wrong. If anything, I was agnostic. I just hope that some people like you will read my books and papers, and read what I say - not what people say I say.""

The BEST project's Prof Richard Muller on global warming, the meaning of 'scepticism', and the importance of transparency

Friday 3 August 2012

AGW is a farce, a fraud that is impervious to even massive changes in the data

Friday 3 August 2012

AGW is a farce, a fraud that is impervious to even massive changes in the data

CrazyFrank, your illusion that you possess a functional brain is a farce, a fraud that is impervious to the facts.

Forum List

Back