Earth absorbs more of our CO2 emissions: science

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Matthew, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,227
    Earth absorbs more of our CO2 emissions: science
    AFP: Earth absorbs more of our CO2 emissions: science

(AFP) – 10 hours ago

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    I've lost track of how many trees I've planted over the years. I figure I'm better than carbon-footprint-neutral. Not counting farts.

3. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,259

Indeed.........and if we hang around this place long enough, its a certainty we'll see a thread from the k00ks advocating use of butt plugs!!:rock::eusa_dance:...........the title will be, "Do It For The Glaciers!!!"

The fucking k00ks..........I love 'em.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,075
    Earth is a Denier!

5. RollingThunder

RollingThunder VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +886
    So???? So what???? What do you imagine your point is here???? Mankind is still burning massive amounts of fossil carbon into the atmosphere every year, CO2 levels are still rising rapidly, the Earth is still warming up, climate patterns are still changing. The oceans are absorbing more CO2 for the time being but there are limits to how much CO2 they can take in so that process will eventually slow down and stop, but in the mean time this increased CO2 absorption is just making the very serious problem of ocean acidification even worse.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,437
    Well geez RT -- I thought you had COMPLETE and UTTER faith in the models that MAYBE just are using the wrong numbers.. And I should shut up and wait for instructions from Al Gore and UN as to how much money I owed to fix it..

Uncle FlaCalTenn has been trying to tell you that when the CO2 cycle from the land and ocean are more than 10 times what man is creating that you better have the balance figured out pretty damn accurately.. THIS is not a MINOR correction to our understanding is it TinkerBelle?

Actually -- you ARE AWARE that the heating effect from CO2 is not LINEAR and that with each doubling of CO2 there is a much less contribution to the greenhouse? Did ya know that? Think we should ponder what the heating REALLY is from CO2 at this point given that the sink rate may be a lot different than we assumed? Or is everything the same no matter WHAT new information we find?

So many questions for something on which the "science is completely settled"...

7. RollingThunder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Once again you are just demonstrating to everyone that you are a clueless retard with no idea what any of this actually means. Nothing in that article changes anything significant in the scientific knowledge and understanding of anthropogenic global warming. Uncle FecalHead is an ignorant moron who is "AWARE" of a lot of crap that isn't actually true. Typical brainwashed denier cultist.

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,075
    Your model is off by 50% and that's AFTER your guys cooked the data to fit your foregone conclusion. Do the planet a huge favor and shut the fuck up

9. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,437
    What the hell are you raving about Princess? How do you build an accurate climate model when you don't accurately know the CO2 sink rates?

Want to try and intimidate me??? Then answer the questions.. I kinda laugh off the personal insults from webterds who don't have the ability to intelligiently debate.. :D

10. RollingThunder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +886
    That's easy, little retard. Scientists can measure the monthly increases in CO2 levels in the atmosphere quite accurately. The fact that some of the natural carbon sinks are still able to absorb a little more carbon than some previous studies had indicated they might has very little significance to the global warming that is being driven by atmospheric levels of CO2, not "sink rates". You only latch onto nonsense like this because you're a gullible retard who swallows all of the braindead BS and spun-up misinterpretations that your denier cult handlers spoon into your little pea brain.

Why on Earth would I bother? You're a meaningless denier cult drone/troll and I don't care two farts in a hurricane about you. You're far too brainwashed to ever convince (or you're a paid agent of disinformation, getting a check from Exxon or the Koch brothers to spread denier cult misinformation and propaganda on the web). I'm just here debunking your pernicious nonsense and lies with the scientific facts about AGW.

The only real questions your posts bring up concern your sanity.

Classic!!! A retard who can't even spell 'intelligently' is going to school me on debating.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL....