Ex-Manson Family Member Is Up for Parole Again

She was very young, and I think she was probably trapped in a situation ( the manson familiy) where her leaving wasn't really possible.

She confessed to stabbing a corpse, not a living person.

Now seriously, do any of us really think she's a threat to society, now?

And seriously, how long should somebody who was very nearly a child (at the time) be held in prison for stabbing a corpse?

Consider what she was facing.

The people egging her on had just MURDERED people.

Who among us might not have done the same thing?

Last edited:
After 40 years, I think she has served her time. Other than for the notoriety of her case, I think she would have been paroled years ago. She has had an exemplary record while in prison....time to put Manson hysteria aside and let her live out the rest of her life

It might make a difference if she has rehabilitated herself. Has she educated herself by getting college degrees? Has she written anything condemning hers and Manson's actions?

Most of the Manson family were throwaway kids. They were abused by him. It may be time(it's been over 35 years) to look at them and see if there is anything left to offer mercy to.

She was very young, and I think she was probably trapped in a situation ( the manson familiy) where her leaving wasn't really possible.

And seriously, how long should somebody who was very nearly a child (at the time) be held in prison for stabbing a corpse?

So by your logic, Manson should be set free since he didnt even stab the corpse. I mean he wasnt even there.

who amoung us would have done the same thing? Who amoung us would have anything to do with those nuts. SHE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO AND WENT WITH THEM.

Fuck her and let her rot!

Who amoung us indeed.

It might make a difference if she has rehabilitated herself. Has she educated herself by getting college degrees?
Yes

Has she written anything condemning hers and Manson's actions?

She apologised at the time of her trial.

Most of the Manson family were throwaway kids. They were abused by him. It may be time(it's been over 35 years) to look at them and see if there is anything left to offer mercy to.

You know the people who actually killed somebody, I'm not sympathetic to.

If the reports on this person are accurate she was a much a VICTIM of the Manson family madness, as a player in it.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.

Wm. Shakespeare

Don't blame it on someone else.. they were indeed HER actions

And that "I was stabbing a corpse" thing.. absolute rubbish

She is a murderer... 1st degree... IMHO no first degree murderer should ever be let out of prison if they somehow evade the death penalty...

I don't care if she were 100 years old and could not lift a postage stamp...

I don't think she would be a threat to society, however I do believe a LIFE sentence should be that. Otherwise call it "an indefinite one"

If life means life it should apply equally to all convicts.

The California parole system routinely paroles murderers with a worse history than Van Houten. She should be treated the same as anyone else

Let her and the rest of those assholes rot in prison.

They didn't have a problem murdering people they didn't even know. They murdered a pregnant woman and her unborn child. They had no problem butchering all the folks that were at that house and a couple, the LaBiancas all because their "messiah" told them to.

Nope. For my 2 cents the whole bunch of them can rot in jail for the rest of their miserable lives.

So by your logic, Manson should be set free since he didnt even stab the corpse. I mean he wasnt even there.

But he was involved (actively) in the planning of the conspiracy to murder.

Or do the facts not matter?

who amoung us would have done the same thing? Who amoung us would have anything to do with those nuts. SHE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO AND WENT WITH THEM.

Did she have any choice?

There's the critical issue at hand, don't you think?

Or don't you even consider the possiblity that she had every reason to believe that she could have ended up in a shallow grave if she challenged the meglomaniac that Manson obviously was?

Fuck her and let her rot!

Make up you mind -- which do you want to do to her? Or if nothing else, which of those do you want to do to her first?

Who amoung us indeed.

Indeed.

I don't really care if she is "not a danger to society" or if she is has been "rehabilitated" She got a life sentence. So until the day she is hauled out in a box that's is where I want her to stay.

I don't think she would be a threat to society, however I do believe a LIFE sentence should be that. Otherwise call it "an indefinite one"

If a person hits and kills someone and runs away, and you are a passenger and do nothing, you are held just as liable.

This girl went along, knowing exatly what they were going to do, and did nothing but "stab a corpse" (her words). Fuck her, let her rot.

I don't really care if she is "not a danger to society" or if she is has been "rehabilitated" She got a life sentence. So until the day she is hauled out in a box that's is where I want her to stay.

actually she got the death penalty. but then some DUmmies on the Supreme Court ruled the DP "unconstitutional" so then it was commuted to "life" now that the DP is constitutional again we can't go retroactive. tis a pity.

Manson minion Patty Krenwinkle up for parole...
confused.gif

Charles Manson follower seeks parole 47 years after killings
December 29, 2016 — Patricia Krenwinkel, once a devout follower of cult killer Charles Manson and now the longest-serving female inmate in California, appeared again Thursday before a parole board — 47 years after she helped kill pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people.
Krenwinkel, 69, has been denied parole 13 times since her conviction in the 1969 slayings. She acknowledged during her trial that she chased down and repeatedly stabbed Abigail Ann Folger, the 26-year-old heiress of a coffee fortune, at Tate's home and helped kill grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, the following night. Los Angeles County prosecutors say Krenwinkel carved the word "war" into Leno LaBianca's stomach, then wrote "Helter Skelter" in blood on the couple's refrigerator.

Krenwinkel's attorney, Keith Wattley, successfully petitioned the state to hold the hearing a year early at the California Institution for Women, about 40 miles east of Los Angeles, where Krenwinkel is imprisoned. "Ms. Krenwinkel is fully aware of the difficulty she faces," Wattley told The Associated Press in an email. "But California law officially recognizes a person's capacity to change and to address the factors that contributed to their previous behavior so that they can safely be paroled." Krenwinkel contended at her previous parole hearing in 2011 that she is a changed woman. She has a clean disciplinary record, earned a bachelor's degree behind bars, taught illiterate inmates to read and trained service dogs for disabled people.

5fce8e1e576d4cc2817e3205b05a8487.jpg

Patricia Krenwinkel. Krenwinkel, a follower of cult killer Charles Manson, is again seeking parole 47 years after she helped kill actress Sharon Tate and six others in 1969.​

Sharon Tate's sister, Debra Tate, said before Thursday's hearing that killers such as Krenwinkel cannot be rehabilitated. "She was a very prolific killer," Debra Tate said recently. "They may behave well in a controlled environment, but we cannot trust that, given the pressures of life, that they will be able to remain straight" outside prison. Krenwinkel was a 19-year-old secretary when she met Manson at a party. She testified at her previous parole hearing that she left everything behind three days later to pursue what she believed was a budding romance with him. She wept and apologized, saying she became a "monster" after she met Manson. "I committed myself fully to him. I committed myself to the act of murder," she said then. "I was willing to sacrifice others' lives for my own." Prosecutors say the slayings were an attempt to ignite a race war after which Manson and his followers would rise from the rubble to rule the world.

MORE

See also:

The Latest: Manson victim relative: Probe 'mind-boggling'
December 29, 2016 — The Latest on a parole hearing for Patricia Krenwinkel, an accomplice of cult killer Charles Manson and the longest-serving female inmate in California (all times local):
8:40 p.m.

Anthony DiMaria, the nephew of victim Thomas Jay Sebring, said a Los Angeles County prosecutor who attended the hearing told him that the parole officials want to research whether Krenwinkel was a victim of intimate partner battery. 'For this investigation to be initiated at this point is mind-boggling," said DiMaria, who attended the hearing but left before a decision was postponed. "I don't understand where we go from a murder, the killing of eight people (including Tate's unborn child) to an intimate partner battery victim. It's absurd....It seems like the world is turned upside down. How do you kill eight people and now you're the victim?" Jean Guccione, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office, said prosecutors would not comment until the parole panel makes its recommendation after the investigation.

8:20 p.m.

After a daylong hearing, the panel from the California Board of Parole Hearings postponed a decision on whether to free Patricia Krenwinkel "because they felt information discussed at the hearing was cause for an investigation," spokeswoman Vicky Waters said in an email. The hearing will be continued once the investigation is concluded, she said. Sharon Tate's sister, Debra Tate, said the parole officials told her the hearing was likely to be postponed about six months while they research to see if Krenwinkel meets the criteria for having battered women's syndrome.

Krenwinkel's attorney, Keith Wattley, did not immediately return telephone and email messages. "She totally minimized her action and blamed everything on other people the whole hearing," Tate said. Tate said she didn't buy the concept that Krenwinkel was a victim because she was free to leave at any time and participated in murders two nights in a row. "We all have to be accountable for our actions. I don't buy any of this stuff. She was there because she wanted to be there. Nobody held a gun to her head," Tate said.

7:50 p.m.

A two-member parole panel has delayed making a decision on whether to release Patricia Krenwinkel, an accomplice of cult killer Charles Manson and the longest-serving female inmate in California. The decision to delay Thursday by the panel came after the 69-year-old Krenwinkel was previously denied parole 13 times, most recently in 2011. Krenwinkel helped kill pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people at the urging of Manson 47 years ago.

The hearing was held at the California Institution for Women, about 40 miles east of Los Angeles, where Krenwinkel is imprisoned. She has a clean record behind bars, earned a bachelor's degree and taught illiterate inmates to read. Gov. Jerry Brown has the power to block the release of inmates if parole is granted. He previously stopped the parole of two other Manson followers.

10 a.m.

Patty Kenwinkel of the Mansom family up for parole - again...
mad.gif

Manson family member Patricia Krenwinkel is up for parole.
Thu June 22, 2017 - Patricia Krenwinkel has been turned down more than a dozen times; She is claiming that she was abused by Charles Manson
Patricia Krenwinkel, a Charles Manson follower convicted in the Manson family murder spree and the longest-serving female inmate in the California prison system, will be up for parole consideration on Thursday. Krenwinkel, 69, was convicted of seven counts of first-degree murder in the August 1969 attacks that left seven people dead. Among the victims was pregnant actress Sharon Tate, who was married to director Roman Polanski, Folger Coffee heiress Abigail Folger, and celebrity hairstylist Jay Sebring. The crimes captivated people during a turbulent time in the nation's history. Prosecutors say Manson hoped to spark a race war with the grisly murders.

170621183426-03-patricia-krenwinkel-parole-exlarge-169.jpg

Susan Atkins (left), Patricia Krenwinkel (center) and Leslie Van Houten (right) walk to court in 1970.​

Thursday's parole hearing is a resumption of a December 2016 meeting, which was suspended after Krenwinkel's attorney claimed that his client was a victim of "Intimate Partner Battery," often referred to as "battered wife syndrome," by Manson. The break allowed for an investigation into the claim. Krenwinkel's attorney, Keith Wattley, declined to predict how the panel will react, but said he is encouraged that they are considering the abuse issue. "There is no new evidence, no new allegations," he said. "It's just that this time I asked the panel to consider the psychological and physical abuse. The fact is that the board had understood the influence" with other members of the Manson group.

Family members of the victims -- Sharon Tate's sister, Sebring's nephew and the grandson of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca -- plan on fighting a parole recommendation. Debra Tate dismissed the claim that Krenwinkel was abused, telling CNN, "She could have cut and run any time. She did it (the murders) because she enjoyed it." Tony LaMontagne, the grandson of the LaBiancas, told CNN that he attends these parole hearings to support his grandparents, "but the hearings revictimize us," by having to listen to the details of the crimes.

170621183638-04-patricia-krenwinkel-parole-exlarge-169.jpg

Those killed at the home of Roman Polanski. From left, Wojciech Frykowski, Sharon Tate, Stephen Parent, Jay Sebring and Abigail Folger. The next night, Rosemary and Leno LaBianca, a wealthy couple who lived across town, were stabbed to death in their home.​

Here are some quick facts about Krenwinkel's case:
-- She has been incarcerated for 47 years.
-- Krenwinkel was sentenced to death in 1971, but a year later the California death penalty was ruled unconstitutional and her sentence was commuted to life. The death penalty has since been reinstated.
-- Krenwinkel has been denied parole 13 times.
-- On the first day of the killing spree, she pursued and stabbed Folger 28 times, Krenwinkel said in court testimony. She later complained her hand hurt from the stabbings, prosecutors said.

MORE

Forum List

Back