Ex-Informant Accused of Lying About Bidens Said He Had Russian Contacts

Great headline: "Ex-Informant Accused of Lying About Bidens Said He Had Russian Contacts"

Reminds me that Muller said Trump and others were misrepresenting what he found in the way of dealings with Russia.

We always seem to come back to Russia, with the Trump people/Biden haters.

Prove me wrong, if you disagree.

real news org: Ex-Informant Accused of Lying About Bidens Said He Had Russian Contacts

Federal prosecutors portrayed the former informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, as a serial liar incapable of telling the truth about even the most basic details of his own life.

A former F.B.I. informant accused of making false bribery claims about President Biden and his son Hunter — which were widely publicized by Republicans — claimed to have been fed information by Russian intelligence, according to a court filing on Tuesday.

In the memo, prosecutors portrayed the former informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, as a serial liar incapable of telling the truth about even the most basic details of his own life. But Mr. Smirnov told federal investigators that “officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story” about Hunter Biden.

Those disclosures, including Mr. Smirnov’s unverifiable claim that he met with Russian intelligence officials as recently as three months ago, made him a flight risk and endangered national security, Justice Department officials said. Mr. Smirnov had been held in custody in Las Vegas, where he has lived since 2022, since his arrest last week.

Hillary and Obama's entire "Steele Dossier" was based on Steele's Russian contacts, and you bought it 100%.

How can you not know this? lol

Hillary and Obama's entire "Steele Dossier" was based on Steele's Russian contacts, and you bought it 100%.

How can you not know this? lol
Large portions of that dossier have been verified.
The whole thing could have been a nothing burger if Trump wasn't so corrupt.

Deal with it. :)

So, a guy who was an CHS for the FBI since at last 2010 and provided information about Russian intelligence had ties to Russian intelligence. WTF?

What does anyone think he was being PAID for by the FBI? That the borscht wasn't kosher?

Aw, isn't that cute? Pee Pee tape lies still believed.
You can't prove they don't exist. But Mr. Trump's actions and words regarding Putin suggest smoke

Putin control Trump.jpg

Read for yourself..if you have the courage.
Yes, I get that Steele "stands by his work" - still.

Newly Declassified Document Indicates FBI Misled Congress on Reliability of Steele Dossier​

CNN, in an article headlined: “The Steele Dossier: A Reckoning” said that subsequent lawsuits and investigations had “discredited many of [the dossier’s] central allegations,” and raised questions over the “political underpinnings of some key explosive claims.”

I think it produced nothing. Two BS "indictments". No convictions. A giant waste of taxpayer dollars.
The DOJ isn’t going to prosecute high level Democrats. In fact it bands over backward to protect them.

Now I realize that you are a loyal Democrat and it is hard for you to see faults in your party. However the Democratic Party has weaponized the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA and possibly the NSA. The Durham report covered some of this corruption.

Note: ABC is not a conservative news outlet.

But I suggest you read or at least skim the actual report. You can find it at …

Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

The DOJ isn’t going to prosecute high level Democrats. In fact it bands over backward to protect them.

Now I realize that you are a loyal Democrat and it is hard for you to see faults in your party. However the Democratic Party has weaponized the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA and possibly the NSA. The Durham report covered some of this corruption.

Note: ABC is not a conservative news outlet.

But I suggest you read or at least skim the actual report. You can find it at …

Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation
I am registered as Independent. Since 2000. The DOJ is what it is. Independent.

Kindly tell me what substantive charges came out of Durham's "report"?
Results (charges, convictions, jail sentences) vs money spent.
What I see is a lot of the same things I see with all Republican style "investigations".
Lots of smoke. Almost no fire.

Great headline: "Ex-Informant Accused of Lying About Bidens Said He Had Russian Contacts"

Reminds me that Muller said Trump and others were misrepresenting what he found in the way of dealings with Russia.

We always seem to come back to Russia, with the Trump people/Biden haters.

Prove me wrong, if you disagree.

real news org: Ex-Informant Accused of Lying About Bidens Said He Had Russian Contacts

Federal prosecutors portrayed the former informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, as a serial liar incapable of telling the truth about even the most basic details of his own life.

A former F.B.I. informant accused of making false bribery claims about President Biden and his son Hunter — which were widely publicized by Republicans — claimed to have been fed information by Russian intelligence, according to a court filing on Tuesday.

In the memo, prosecutors portrayed the former informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, as a serial liar incapable of telling the truth about even the most basic details of his own life. But Mr. Smirnov told federal investigators that “officials associated with Russian intelligence were involved in passing a story” about Hunter Biden.

Those disclosures, including Mr. Smirnov’s unverifiable claim that he met with Russian intelligence officials as recently as three months ago, made him a flight risk and endangered national security, Justice Department officials said. Mr. Smirnov had been held in custody in Las Vegas, where he has lived since 2022, since his arrest last week.
Great read:

Another GOP Biden ‘informant.’ Another indictment and link to Russia.​

It’s been the story of many of those from whom Republicans have sought information​

In one way, it’s shocking that a key person in the GOP’s efforts to dig up dirt on the Bidens has been indicted and tells prosecutors he has extensive ties to Russian intelligence.
In another way, it’s altogether familiar.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

This isn’t even the first time we’ve learned that a person has been indicted after the GOP cited his claims. Nor is it the first time a person has been linked to Russian intelligence after the GOP leaned on their version of events.

The cast of characters Republicans have sought out to substantiate President Biden’s purported corruption over the years has come to include half a dozen convicted and accused criminals, as well as multiple people the U.S. government has linked to Russia, corruption and subverting American democracy.

conspiracy alert!

Sen Bob Menendez is on line #1

Federal cases against recent members of Congress​

These are federal cases against current or former federal lawmakers. I was able to find nine targeting Republicans and eight targeting Democrats.

Former Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, a Republican from Nebraska Found guilty in 2022 of three felonies in a case that centered on campaign contributions.

Former Rep. TJ Cox, a Democrat from California – Still awaiting trial after his 2022 indictment, including for fraudulent campaign contributions.

Former Rep. Duncan Hunter, a Republican from California Sentenced to 11 months in prison for misusing campaign funds, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Chris Collins, a Republican from New YorkSentenced to 26 months in prison for insider trading, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Corrine Brown, a Democrat from Florida Served more than two years for setting up a false charity.

Former Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from Texas Sentenced to 10 years in prison for multiple felonies including fraud and money laundering, but pardoned by Trump after serving part of his sentence.

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat from New YorkSentenced to 21 months in prison for sexting with a minor.

Former Rep. Chaka Fattah, a Democrat from Pennsylvania Sentenced to 10 years in prison for racketeering, fraud and money laundering.

Former Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican from New York Pleaded guilty and sentenced to eight months in prison for tax evasion. Attempted to run again for Congress.

Former Rep. Rick Renzi, a Republican from ArizonaSentenced to three years for corruption. Pardoned by Trump after he served time.

Sen. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey Acquitted by a judge and other charges dismissed after a jury deadlocked in a bribery case.

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from IllinoisSentenced to 30 months in prison for misusing campaign funds.

Former Sen. Ted Stevens, a Republican from AlaskaConviction by jury for lying on ethics forms was later set aside over allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat from LouisianaSentenced to 13 years for corruption and soliciting bribes. There was video of him taking $100,000 from an African official. Served multiple years in prison, but many of the charges were later vacated by a judge based on a US Supreme Court decision.

Former Rep. Bob Ney, a Republican from Ohio – Sentenced to 30 months after a guilty plea for corruption tied to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Former Rep. RandyDuke” Cunningham, a Republican from CaliforniaSentenced to eight years in prison after a guilty plea for bribery. Later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. James Traficant, a Democrat from Ohio Sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption after defending himself during trial. Was later expelled from the House.

Other prosecutions to consider​

Two Republican governors and two Democratic governors have been convicted in federal courts in recent decades:

Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, was convicted for bribery and corruption. But the US Supreme Court changed the rules in corruption and bribery cases when it threw out the case against McDonnell.

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was convicted for trying to sell his power to appoint a replacement to Barack Obama’s Senate seat. His sentence was later commuted by Trump.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat, was convicted by a jury of bribery and corruption and was sentenced to more than six years in prison.

Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, a Republican, was convicted on corruption charges after an FBI sting.

Did we miss a federal lawmaker convicted or charged? Let me know at [email protected].

conspiracy alert!

Sen Bob Menendez is on line #1

Federal cases against recent members of Congress​

These are federal cases against current or former federal lawmakers. I was able to find nine targeting Republicans and eight targeting Democrats.

Former Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, a Republican from Nebraska Found guilty in 2022 of three felonies in a case that centered on campaign contributions.

Former Rep. TJ Cox, a Democrat from California – Still awaiting trial after his 2022 indictment, including for fraudulent campaign contributions.

Former Rep. Duncan Hunter, a Republican from California Sentenced to 11 months in prison for misusing campaign funds, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Chris Collins, a Republican from New YorkSentenced to 26 months in prison for insider trading, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Corrine Brown, a Democrat from Florida Served more than two years for setting up a false charity.

Former Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from Texas Sentenced to 10 years in prison for multiple felonies including fraud and money laundering, but pardoned by Trump after serving part of his sentence.

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat from New YorkSentenced to 21 months in prison for sexting with a minor.

Former Rep. Chaka Fattah, a Democrat from Pennsylvania Sentenced to 10 years in prison for racketeering, fraud and money laundering.

Former Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican from New York Pleaded guilty and sentenced to eight months in prison for tax evasion. Attempted to run again for Congress.

Former Rep. Rick Renzi, a Republican from ArizonaSentenced to three years for corruption. Pardoned by Trump after he served time.

Sen. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey Acquitted by a judge and other charges dismissed after a jury deadlocked in a bribery case.

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from IllinoisSentenced to 30 months in prison for misusing campaign funds.

Former Sen. Ted Stevens, a Republican from AlaskaConviction by jury for lying on ethics forms was later set aside over allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat from LouisianaSentenced to 13 years for corruption and soliciting bribes. There was video of him taking $100,000 from an African official. Served multiple years in prison, but many of the charges were later vacated by a judge based on a US Supreme Court decision.

Former Rep. Bob Ney, a Republican from Ohio – Sentenced to 30 months after a guilty plea for corruption tied to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Former Rep. RandyDuke” Cunningham, a Republican from CaliforniaSentenced to eight years in prison after a guilty plea for bribery. Later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. James Traficant, a Democrat from Ohio Sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption after defending himself during trial. Was later expelled from the House.

Other prosecutions to consider​

Two Republican governors and two Democratic governors have been convicted in federal courts in recent decades:

Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, was convicted for bribery and corruption. But the US Supreme Court changed the rules in corruption and bribery cases when it threw out the case against McDonnell.

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was convicted for trying to sell his power to appoint a replacement to Barack Obama’s Senate seat. His sentence was later commuted by Trump.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat, was convicted by a jury of bribery and corruption and was sentenced to more than six years in prison.

Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, a Republican, was convicted on corruption charges after an FBI sting.

Did we miss a federal lawmaker convicted or charged? Let me know at [email protected].

When I talk of favoritism in our legal system I mention “high level“ Democrats such as Obama, Hillary. Joe Biden and members of their families.

I started to notice this years ago. …

Of course, I am not the only one who has noticed this. …

Is the FBI impartial? Over half of Republicans say ‘no.’​

But even low level conservatives have been targeted since the Obama days. …

Now today with the classified documents cases involving Joe Biden and Trump we see major differences in how they were conducted.

Joe Biden had no right to any of the documents he turned back and some dated from his time as a Senator. Trump at least has an argument he does have a right to the documents as President and now ex-President.

Joe is too feeble to stand trail and has memory issues but it is perfectly OK for him to remain as our President. Meanwhile Trump gets fined around half a billion dollars in a case that had no victims that has been compared to a murder case where nobody was killed.

Forum List

Back