EVs are literally pieces of crap after the first fender bender!

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
EV batteries lack reparability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions

Unless reparability in EV batteries is addressed and fixed, the pile-ups will increase — and so too, will premiums, expert says

A scratched or slightly damaged electric battery might be enough for some insurers to write off entire cars, as for many electric vehicles there is no way to repair battery packs after collisions.

As a result, the consumer — who likely acquired an electric vehicle wanting to reduce monthly costs — faces higher premiums and some countries are starting to see electric vehicle batteries piling up in scrapyards, according to Reuters.

Matthew Avery, research director at automotive risk intelligence company Thatcham Research, said the goal of electric vehicles was sustainability, but a lack of reparability is creating a whole new problem.

"We're buying electric cars for sustainability reasons," Avery said, Reuters reported. "But an EV isn't very sustainable if you've got to throw the battery away after a minor collision."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...nor-collisions

What a way to create more junk liberals!

This post is off limits to stupid people. DO NOT EVEN READ IT IF YOUR IQ IS LOWER THAN YOUR SHOE SIZE.
(You won't understand it and might even think it's funny)

I don't think EV's were ever actually meant to replace ICE vehicles.
What they ARE is a vehicle to install greater control over the common man.
Hydrogen powered cars are receiving almost zero media attention.....because that would be a REAL solution but would not provide the control desired.

Another glaring but ALWAYS ignored solution is.......
To stop making ICE vehicles with excessive power and make them with just enough power to do the job.
Why the hell does a single mom's Camry need 300HP to take the kids to school and go get groceries?
And why does the young man need a 460HP Mustang to get to work?
There are billions of barrels of fossil fuels WASTED every year because a vehicle that only needs 60HP has 400HP.
We DO NOT NEED 800HP passenger cars being driven around with ONE PERSON in them. Massive waste of resources.

Humans are so arrogant and hedonistic they can't see the obviousness of it.
The actual supply of crude oil and fossil fuels in pools of reserves in the Earth is NOT unlimited. Yet it is being used as though it IS unlimited.
At some time in the future human kind will run out of fossil fuels because of present day stupidity instead of adopting a far more conservative use of fossil fuels and extending their availability perhaps thousands of years into the future while simultaneously lowering emissions.
Why the hell are humans so God Damned stupid?!?!

Realistically, interstate travel for a family of 5 could be accomplished in a 75HP vehicle with a small 3 cyl engine just as timely and comfortably as a vehicle doing the exact same thing but with 300-500hp. The excess power is just human vanity and excess.
No one wants to deal with the obvious. It's too lucrative to satisfy human arrogance and excess.

Only trucks and commercial vehicles hauling cargo and certain passenger vehicles towing heavy loads need all that extra power and THAT small requirement could be met with dedicated purpose electric motors.

No, there is absolutely ZERO real desire to "save the planet". It's all a scam pulled over the eyes of the limited thinkers for the purpose of controlling you and everyone else.

Last edited:
I rode in a Tesla with Ludicrous mode. Maybe the most incredible ride in a car ever. Step on the pedal and the car just pinned you in the seat. No fuss, no loud noise. The car remained steady, it just took off like nothing I've ever rode in and I have a vintage Gasser.

The price of new cars is so high that people are going to start repairing their cars and keep driving them for 20 years.

Prices of most ICE cars have surged; prices of EVs are actually going in the opposite direction. Still, major challenges remain, like scaling, getting access to raw materials, improving reliability, etc. Moreover, EVs are not as "green" as people think they are. A lot of fossil fuels are used in the mining process.

EV batteries lack reparability leading some insurers to junk whole cars after even minor collisions

Unless reparability in EV batteries is addressed and fixed, the pile-ups will increase — and so too, will premiums, expert says

A scratched or slightly damaged electric battery might be enough for some insurers to write off entire cars, as for many electric vehicles there is no way to repair battery packs after collisions.

As a result, the consumer — who likely acquired an electric vehicle wanting to reduce monthly costs — faces higher premiums and some countries are starting to see electric vehicle batteries piling up in scrapyards, according to Reuters.

Matthew Avery, research director at automotive risk intelligence company Thatcham Research, said the goal of electric vehicles was sustainability, but a lack of reparability is creating a whole new problem.

"We're buying electric cars for sustainability reasons," Avery said, Reuters reported. "But an EV isn't very sustainable if you've got to throw the battery away after a minor collision."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...nor-collisions

What a way to create more junk liberals!

I drive a KIA NIRO with a range of 239-Miles. You drive a gas guzzling internal combustion engine vehicle that requires you to fill the gas tank every other week or so. I drive a zero emissions vehicle. Your pollutes the air around us.

Oh, every time I drive the ARCO in Mill Valley, looking at that long line of cars and trucks and see the cost of just one gallon of gas I laugh my ass off.

I charge my vehicle at home, in my garage. You stand in the wind, rain and snow.

Grow the fuck up.

Ok

If electric batteries drive the price of insurance through the roof I’m ok with that because I drive an ICE auto

I hope the snowflakes pay through the nose for their “green” autos

Serves them right

This post is off limits to stupid people. DO NOT EVEN READ IT IF YOUR IQ IS LOWER THAN YOUR SHOE SIZE.
(You won't understand it and might even think it's funny)

I don't think EV's were ever actually meant to replace ICE vehicles.
What they ARE is a vehicle to install greater control over the common man.
Hydrogen powered cars are receiving almost zero media attention.....because that would be a REAL solution but would not provide the control desired.

Another glaring but ALWAYS ignored solution is.......
To stop making ICE vehicles with excessive power and make them with just enough power to do the job.
Why the hell does a single mom's Camry need 300HP to take the kids to school and go get groceries?
And why does the young man need a 460HP Mustang to get to work?
There are billions of barrels of fossil fuels WASTED every year because a vehicle that only needs 60HP has 400HP.
We DO NOT NEED 800HP passenger cars being driven around with ONE PERSON in them. Massive waste of resources.

Humans are so arrogant and hedonistic they can't see the obviousness of it.
The actual supply of crude oil and fossil fuels in pools of reserves in the Earth is NOT unlimited. Yet it is being used as though it IS unlimited.
At some time in the future human kind will run out of fossil fuels because of present day stupidity instead of adopting a far more conservative use of fossil fuels and extending their availability perhaps thousands of years into the future while simultaneously lowering emissions.
Why the hell are humans so God Damned stupid?!?!

Realistically, interstate travel for a family of 5 could be accomplished in a 75HP vehicle with a small 3 cyl engine just as timely and comfortably as a vehicle doing the exact same thing but with 300-500hp. The excess power is just human vanity and excess.
No one wants to deal with the obvious. It's too lucrative to satisfy human arrogance and excess.

Only trucks and commercial vehicles hauling cargo and certain passenger vehicles towing heavy loads need all that extra power and THAT small requirement could be met with dedicated purpose electric motors.

No, there is absolutely ZERO real desire to "save the planet". It's all a scam pulled over the eyes of the limited thinkers for the purpose of controlling you and everyone else.
we have those 75 hp cars on the interstates now, 9 times out of ten when there is a long line in the passing lane, it is a fucking prius or sol holding up traffic. The reason we need those 400 hp trucks is cars is to get around the fucking idiots cruising the left lane so no I won't be giving mine up. People that tow boats, campers, and other RVs can't do it with an EV and expect to get home. People that travel for their jobs can't depend on EVs.

we have those 75 hp cars on the interstates now, 9 times out of ten when there is a long line in the passing lane, it is a fucking prius or sol holding up traffic. The reason we need those 400 hp trucks is cars is to get around the fucking idiots cruising the left lane so no I won't be giving mine up. People that tow boats, campers, and other RVs can't do it with an EV and expect to get home. People that travel for their jobs can't depend on EVs.

Right. Thanks for proving my point. Too many stupid humans as I said.
Maybe we need stronger laws and enforcement on lane hoggers while at it?

What you pointed out IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CAR.

I drive a KIA NIRO with a range of 239-Miles. You drive a gas guzzling internal combustion engine vehicle that requires you to fill the gas tank every other week or so. I drive a zero emissions vehicle. Your pollutes the air around us.

Oh, every time I drive the ARCO in Mill Valley, looking at that long line of cars and trucks and see the cost of just one gallon of gas I laugh my ass off.

I charge my vehicle at home, in my garage. You stand in the wind, rain and snow.

Grow the fuck up.
I can't get to the airport and back on one charge, so fuck you. I get 22 in a 1/2 ton pick up and don't have to worry about fighting for a plug at the hotel while getting almost 800 miles on one tank of gas. EVs suck and the cost of ownership is horrendous, I can trade for $5,000-$6000 every 4 years and I like that.

Right, I've never seen an ICE vehicle driver cruise in the passing line - like ever, lol. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back