Evolutionalary theory.

He didn't say binocular vision, you illiterate twit. He said photosensitive tissue.

it's sort of mute even discussing it with someone so clueless as missouri, but if it gets the rest of us talking about how cool evolution is, then I guess it could be worth it
I thought you were supposed to have a PHD?

I guess that point, too, is moot, though, as you wouldn't be the only liar here and nobody believes you anyway.

WTF are you talking about? Yes, I'm a loser like you are that would make something up.

WTF was what I said have anything to do with me having a PhD? Sorry your life sucks so much asshole

This takes us right back to the article I originally linked to concerning jellyfish (obviously invertebrate) and humans sharing the same eye genes...and octopuses having a completely different gene structure.
And?

The more similar two species are, the more recent their ancestor.

You've that backwards and you fail to account for parallel evolution
I am looking at it from the perspective of the evolutionary biologist attempting to elucidate an evolutionary tree.

Genetic similarity takes parallel evolution into account.

Our closest relative is the chimp,
You're supposed to have a PHD?

Bonobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Bonobo (English pronunciation: /bəˈnoʊboʊ/[3][4] /ˈbɒnɵboʊ/[5]), Pan paniscus, previously called the Pygmy Chimpanzee"

A student doesn't have a PhD ;)

Because they used to call it a pygmy chimp doesn't make it the common chimp. 'Chimpanzee' refers to the common chimp which was once believed to be our closest extant relative and is still thought so by people like Gregg who like to pretend to know what they're speaking about but really have no clue.

They are two different species and Gregg has claimed to have a PHD. that's why he says he calls himself a doctor.

The more closely two species are related, the more similar they will be if evolutionary theory is correct. However, one cannot assume two species are more closely related just because seem more similar (assumong we're discussing mere appearances and not genetic sequencing)- that would be a fallacious methodology and would render only tentative results.

You've that backwards and you fail to account for parallel evolution
I am looking at it from the perspective of the evolutionary biologist attempting to elucidate an evolutionary tree.

Genetic similarity takes parallel evolution into account.

"The Bonobo (English pronunciation: /bəˈnoʊboʊ/[3][4] /ˈbɒnɵboʊ/[5]), Pan paniscus, previously called the Pygmy Chimpanzee"

A student doesn't have a PhD ;)

Because they used to call it a pygmy chimp doesn't make it the common chimp. 'Chimpanzee' refers to the common chimp which was once believed to be our closest extant relative and is still thought so by people like Gregg who like to pretend to know what they're speaking about but really have no clue.

They are two different species and Gregg has claimed to have a PHD. that's why he says he calls himself a doctor.

The more closely two species are related, the more similar they will be if evolutionary theory is correct. However, one cannot assume two species are more closely related just because seem more similar (assumong we're discussing mere appearances and not genetic sequencing)- that would be a fallacious methodology and would render only tentative results.

and having a PhD doesn't make anybody an expert of every single field of biology, so never claimed to be an expert on evolution. What is your problem anyway? Just be a dick to everybody day?

it's sort of mute even discussing it with someone so clueless as missouri, but if it gets the rest of us talking about how cool evolution is, then I guess it could be worth it

I guess that point, too, is moot, though, as you wouldn't be the only liar here and nobody believes you anyway.

WTF are you talking about? Yes, I'm a loser like you are that would make something up.

WTF was what I said have anything to do with me having a PhD? Sorry your life sucks so much asshole

You've claimed to hold a doctorate, yet you regularly demonstrate a rather medial mastery of the English language and have been called out several times in the past on matter you claim to know much about by mere layfolk.

We even have phylogenetic trees of individual genes and proteins.

9425f2.gif

You've claimed to hold a doctorate, yet you regularly demonstrate a rather medial mastery of the English language and have been called out several times in the past on matter you claim to know much about by mere layfolk.

Well, you show your idiocy right there. First off, good spelling is not an indicator of intelligence, I'd rather have logic, reasoning, and math and science skills then properly spell every stupid word in the english language correctly. I'll admit, SAT and GRE I faired well in logic and math, bad in the verbal part. I'd rather be strong in more useful things like math and logic, than spelling

Secondly, I'm just typing as I think so often times my finger types out the wrong spelling or my thoughts get changed mid typing and my sentence gets mixed up. Sorry I'm not such a loser that has all this time on my hands at work to make sure everything is spelled correctly and proofread every topic. This is a message board, not a thesis or anything of importance. Focus on the content

Now, want to talk science are you going to continue to be a douchebag focusing on irrelevant things?

Last edited:
Again lash out when your argument is weak.
:lol:

By showing that the skeleton is an organ and that he didn't say binocular vision?

You've been proven wrong on every single note.

"Nitpick compensates for his limited fighting ability by pouncing on points that are only marginally relevant to the discussion. For example, if his opponent in a sports forum conflict casually mentioned the Cubs' 4-2 victory in the 1908 World Series, Nitpick would quickly counterattack with something like, "4-2 !? Any moron knows the Cubs won the Series 4-1! Someone so ignorant about baseball history can't possibly know anything about salary caps!" Even if the minor point is conceded by his opponent Nitpick will return to it whenever the battle turns against him. Though weak, Nitpick is very tenacious and will never admit defeat. Nitpick is a close ally of Artful Dodger."

This takes us right back to the article I originally linked to concerning jellyfish (obviously invertebrate) and humans sharing the same eye genes...and octopuses having a completely different gene structure.
And?

And if we use your structure of the "evolutionary tree of life" (which BTW I don't agree with), then jellyfish would come before both octopus AND human.

The jellyfish and humans have the similar optical genes but octopus reinvent the wheel...why would that happen if we all share a common ancestor?

Conversely, humans and octopus have two eyes, two ears and one mouth, yet evidently they do NOT share a common ancestor.

So the conclusion is ...evolution had to occur at least twice from pre-jellyfish (who have FOUR eyes) and produced the exact same result of two eyes, two ears and one mouth, heart, kidney, anus, etc.

The only other possible conclusion is the JELLYFISH is the outlier which we know is not the case.

Last edited:
And another thing, to fully appreciate and understand evolution, you need higher education on the matter. It's complex and when you understand chemistry, physics, biology, genetics, ecology, etc it all fits perfectly. Most people are just ignorant of science at a higher level and can't fully appreciate it.

There are entire college course, requiring prerequisites in other basic sciences, that teach evolution. So no wonder many people don't fully understand it unless they have that science education

GO take a dump in your hat!

Seriously, I am so tired of this fake "I'm a scientist and you're not qualified to speak on this" crap you have been trying to push on us.... Grow up punk you are no scientist, you're not even a logical and critical thinker.

ALL YOU ARE is a fake internet elitist, who lacks the brains, ethics, and fortitude to debate on merit, logic, and higher thinking. You try and cover your inadequacies behind high claims of education who are worthy to talk on a subject or not.

Here is an example of how you pull off this line of BS...

Random poster: I think that point A does not necessarily equal point B.

DR. Douchebag: Where is your science? Here is link A which shows a peer-reviewed paper showing its a fact...

Random poster: no its not proof its just a published theory..

DR. Douchebag: Where is your scientific evidence? Where is your peer review? You are just stating opinion and not being scientific!

Random poster: its simple logic man. A + B = C but C + B do not necessarily equal A... Thats just common sense...

DR. Douchebag: HA! I with my vastly superior education and intellect scoff at your opinion and ridiculous "common sense!" There is no peer review, no science journal publication so its obviously wrong! You big uneducated dummy-dumhead small brain guy you....

Random poster: WTF? Dude we don't need a peer review to think and see the logic is wrong. You're just being idiotic now...

DR. Douchebag: And so now you resort to name-calling... HA! and you claim to be scientific! You are not scientific like me.. I am Dr. DOuchebag, grand super scientist guy, BA, MA, PHD, PDQ and I am better than you!

Random poster: You started the name-calling moron....

DR. Douchebag: Still no science from you?

That is a highly accurate rendition of a conversation with Dr. Douchebag.

Douchebag, go and take a flying leap. We have the right to discuss anything we wish to here. If you want to play superior go and make your own web forum, then you can decide who has the right to speak on whatever you want. Until then kiss my ass you elitist wannabe...

And if we use your structure of the "evolutionary tree of life" (which BTW I don't agree with), then jellyfish would come before both octopus AND human.
It doesn't work that way. Jellyfish are not "before" anything.

The jellyfish have the similar genes but octopus reinvent the wheel...why would that happen if we all share a common ancestor?
We have rubber wheels, while the octopus has plastic wheels. The cellular structures that make up the wheel share the same basic structure.

Conversely, humans and octopus have two eyes, two ears and one mouth, yet evidently then do NOT share a common ancestor.
Yes, they do. Everything has a common ancestor.

So the conclusion is obvious...evolution had to occur at least twice from pre-jellyfish (who have FOUR eyes) and produced the exact same result of two eyes, two ears and one mouth, heart, kidney, anus, etc.
anatomy.jpg

Heart, brain, anus, mouth, but no eyes!

Hmm...

Last edited:
And another thing, to fully appreciate and understand evolution, you need higher education on the matter. It's complex and when you understand chemistry, physics, biology, genetics, ecology, etc it all fits perfectly. Most people are just ignorant of science at a higher level and can't fully appreciate it.

There are entire college course, requiring prerequisites in other basic sciences, that teach evolution. So no wonder many people don't fully understand it unless they have that science education

Seriously, I am so tired of this fake "I'm a scientist and you're not qualified to speak on this" crap you have been trying to push on us.... Grow up punk you are no scientist, you're not even a logical and critical thinker.

ALL YOU ARE is a fake internet elitist, who lacks the brains, ethics, and fortitude to debate on merit, logic, and higher thinking. You try and cover your inadequacies behind high claims of education who are worthy to talk on a subject or not.

DR. Douchebag: Where is your science? Here is link A which shows a peer-reviewed paper showing its a fact...

DR. Douchebag: Where is your scientific evidence? Where is your peer review? You are just stating opinion and not being scientific!

Random poster: its simple logic man. A + B = C but C + B do not necessarily equal A... Thats just common sense...

DR. Douchebag: HA! I with my vastly superior education and intellect scoff at your opinion and ridiculous "common sense!" There is no peer review, no science journal publication so its obviously wrong! You big uneducated dummy-dumhead small brain guy you....

Random poster: WTF? Dude we don't need a peer review to think and see the logic is wrong. You're just being idiotic now...

DR. Douchebag: And so now you resort to name-calling... HA! and you claim to be scientific! You are not scientific like me.. I am Dr. DOuchebag, grand super scientist guy, BA, MA, PHD, PDQ and I am better than you!

Douchebag, go and take a flying leap. We have the right to discuss anything we wish to here. If you want to play superior go and make your own web forum, then you can decide who has the right to speak on whatever you want. Until then kiss my ass you elitist wannabe...

Anyone else feel that annoying gnat?

Anyone else notice the elitist wannabe once again trying to play scientist?

Dude you are a fake and to try and dictate what people have the right to talk about is evidence to that. You can't handle logic, reason and critical thinking or even thinking at all. So you claim a made-up qualifications and education and post science journal synapses to hide behind..... Useless, completely and totally useless..

Dude you are a fake and to try and dictate what people have the right to talk about is evidence to that. You can't handle logic, reason and critical thinking or even thinking at all. So you claim a made-up qualifications and education and post science journal synapses to hide behind..... Useless, completely and totally useless..

:lol:Says the person that doesn't back up anything he claims to be true and support any of his logic with peer reviewed scientific sources. And who thinks posting some long winded rant on a message board means that's enough to debunk scientifically supported claims from experts in the field, without any experimentation or data to back it up. :cuckoo:

Call me a fraud all you want, my diplomas hanging on my wall, my current job, my peer reviewed first author papers speak for itself.

NOw, let me go cry myself to sleep now because some internet child says' I'm a fraud :lol:

Great display of your intelligence and scientific acumen right here :clap2:

Someone needs anger management counseling

Last edited:

:lol:Says the person that doesn't back up anything he claims to be true and support any of his logic with peer reviewed scientific sources. And who thinks posting some long winded rant on a message board means that's enough to debunk scientifically supported claims from experts in the field, without any experimentation or data to back it up. :cuckoo:

Call me a fraud all you want, my diplomas hanging on my wall, my current job, my peer reviewed first author papers speak for itself.

NOw, let me go cry myself to sleep now because some internet child says' I'm a fraud :lol:

I bold-faced the telling parts...... Ladies and Gentlemen Exhibit A....

I bold-faced the telling parts...... Ladies and Gentlemen Exhibit A....

Yes, Exhibit A that Gsuck is nothing more than an annoying troll not even clever enough to put forth an interesting insult.

Great display of your intelligence and scientific acumen right here :clap2:

Someone needs anger management counseling

And someone needs to stop trying to play better than others in a web forum..

Forum List

Back