'Evil little thing' or defender of the constitution?

Or rosa parks or the little Brown girl. Douchebags for challenging something that all those people thought was just fine for so long. :eusa_whistle:

Please explain how something like a Banal prayer written on a wall compares in any way shape or form to Jim Crow.

Come on, I'm an atheist, but if I don't go whacky every time I see the religious silliness. Life's too short. I take my cheap shots at the religionists, and point out how some of their stuff in the bible is kind of silly, but I realize I can't stomp it out and I probably shouldn't.

Wow...someone should tell that to Ann Coulter, Glen Beck, Dr. Laura, etc.

and they even PROFIT off of it...

Or rosa parks or the little Brown girl. Douchebags for challenging something that all those people thought was just fine for so long. :eusa_whistle:

:lmao:

Revisionist memories at there finest.

Fuck Democrats................

The History of Black Voting Rights [Great read!]

Yes. All those wanting voting rights were such douche bags because most people were just fine with the way things were.

Please explain how something like a Banal prayer written on a wall compares in any way shape or form to Jim Crow.

Come on, I'm an atheist, but if I don't go whacky every time I see the religious silliness. Life's too short. I take my cheap shots at the religionists, and point out how some of their stuff in the bible is kind of silly, but I realize I can't stomp it out and I probably shouldn't.

1st amendment issue. While Jim crow is a 14th/15th issue. If you haven't already noticed, they are both in the constitution.

Yes. All those wanting voting rights were such douche bags because most people were just fine with the way things were.

Many were fine with the way things were. They also use the donkey as the party logo.

When that failed they took to bribery and using racism to combat racism.

1st amendment issue. While Jim crow is a 14th/15th issue. If you haven't already noticed, they are both in the constitution.

It's only a first Amendment issue if you take the very wide view of the First Amendment, which most sensible people don't.

I would also argue this ruling discriminates against religious people, more than leaving things as they are discriminates against the atheist kid who lacks parental guidence. Now, if they were forcing her to recite the prayer every morning, she might have a case. No one is forcing her to read it.

True story. Work with a gal who's a Jehovah's Witness, and just about every day, she's blurting out some of the crazy. (Jehovah's Witnesses- making the Mormons feel less crazy since 1844). I just kind of smile nicely and say, what a goof. Sometimes I make a crack that goes right over her head. But I don't make a fuckin' federal case about it.

Life's too short.

If this girl is learning that she can use the law to bully people instead of getting along with them at an early age, she's going to have a very tough road to hoe in life.

Many were fine with the way things were. They also use the donkey as the party logo.

Well, well, well. "many were fine with the way things were", eh? So, the heck with the 14th/15th amendment rights of American citizens.

Btw. Anyone else as amused as I am that the article was a freeper link?

So you haven't posted anything about government having the authority to steal from "A" in order to support "B"?

Why would anyone make such a ridiculous post? The government has no authority to ‘steal.’

Now, there are some ignorant conservatives who incorrectly infer that the government’s taxing authority granted it by the Constitution constitutes some sort of ‘theft,’ but no one takes such stupidity seriously.

Then answer my earlier question;

Is the school a Federal school or a state school?

If it's a Fed school, it should probably come down.
If it's a state school, it goes by that states Constitution.

Correct? Or do you support a states right to restrict the right to arms but not too abortion?

Incorrect.

The 14th Amendment applies the 1st Amendment to the states and local jurisdictions, any elected body – such as a school board – or a public sector body whose members are appointed by elected officials.

States do not have the right to restrict access to firearms or abortion where such restrictions violate established Constitutional case law.

That the severity of one violation of the Constitution seems greater than the severity of another neither mitigates the ‘lesser’ offense nor renders its remedy unjustified.

Life's too short.

All the more reason to stand up for one’s rights. I applaud her courage.

So you haven't posted anything about government having the authority to steal from "A" in order to support "B"?

Why would anyone make such a ridiculous post? The government has no authority to ‘steal.’

Now, there are some ignorant conservatives who incorrectly infer that the government’s taxing authority granted it by the Constitution constitutes some sort of ‘theft,’ but no one takes such stupidity seriously.

Then answer my earlier question;

Is the school a Federal school or a state school?

If it's a Fed school, it should probably come down.
If it's a state school, it goes by that states Constitution.

Correct? Or do you support a states right to restrict the right to arms but not too abortion?

Incorrect.

The 14th Amendment applies the 1st Amendment to the states and local jurisdictions, any elected body – such as a school board – or a public sector body whose members are appointed by elected officials.

States do not have the right to restrict access to firearms or abortion where such restrictions violate established Constitutional case law.

That the severity of one violation of the Constitution seems greater than the severity of another neither mitigates the ‘lesser’ offense nor renders its remedy unjustified.

Life's too short.

And sad to say......I'm still waiting.

I was in 6th grade art class 76-77 school year.
Our art teacher had a HUGE kiln/kiln room.

We spent the semester making very large clay likenesses of the Nativity scene that were to be displayed on the stage of our cafeteria/auditorium.

Because of pressures instigated by the infamous Madelyn Murray O'Hair our school board refused to let us display it.
I kept that 2' tall camel for a lot of years until it broke during a move after high school.

Just reminiscing........

Life's too short.

I think this girl's going to have serious problems in life when she finds that she can't always get her way on things. This was a terrible message to send, really.

Well, maybe the hatred of her whole community might be a life lesson for her. There's that. Too bad the grown-ups didn't step in and say, "You're a kid. Get back to me when you know better."

We spent the semester making very large clay likenesses of the Nativity scene that were to be displayed on the stage of our cafeteria/auditorium.

Because of pressures instigated by the infamous Madelyn Murray O'Hair our school board refused to let us display it.
I kept that 2' tall camel for a lot of years until it broke during a move after high school.

Just reminiscing........

Kind of funny. Old Madelyn got killed by some jerk she made the mistake of trusting. Did they ever even find the body?

Just reminiscing........

Kind of funny. Old Madelyn got killed by some jerk she made the mistake of trusting. Did they ever even find the body?

Late 80s early 90s wasn't it???
Gotta Google that.
:confused:

Just reminiscing........

Yeah. Kinda funny. :eusa_eh:

Life's too short.

I think this girl's going to have serious problems in life when she finds that she can't always get her way on things. This was a terrible message to send, really.

Well, maybe the hatred of her whole community might be a life lesson for her. There's that. Too bad the grown-ups didn't step in and say, "You're a kid. Get back to me when you know better."

It was a unanimous ruling, the school broke the law.

I'm with the girl on this one, the school was setting an example to everyone that breaking the law is ok as long as enough people agree with it. There is also the bit about religion has absolutely no place in education.

Well, well, well. "many were fine with the way things were", eh? So, the heck with the 14th/15th amendment rights of American citizens.

Btw. Anyone else as amused as I am that the article was a freeper link?

In other words you lack the intelligence to attempt to point out any errors and like all democrats prefer to shoot the messenger then admit error.

I'm with the girl on this one, the school was setting an example to everyone that breaking the law is ok as long as enough people agree with it. There is also the bit about religion has absolutely no place in education.
They sure like to pretend that this girl pulled this off all by herself and that a court didn't weigh the case along with constitutional standards.

Speaking as an lasped Catholic who still has the occassional nightmare about the crazy nun 40 years later, bullshit.

The CHurches do a better job educating kids than the government does on its best day. The sooner we get government out of the education business, the better.

I frankly have never accepted this notion that the First Amendment is about getting all mentions of religion out of public life. It was meant to prevent the establishment of a state religion. This prayer wasn't anything close to that. In fact, it was kind of banal.

Speaking as an lasped Catholic who still has the occassional nightmare about the crazy nun 40 years later, bullshit.

The CHurches do a better job educating kids than the government does on its best day. The sooner we get government out of the education business, the better.

I frankly have never accepted this notion that the First Amendment is about getting all mentions of religion out of public life. It was meant to prevent the establishment of a state religion. This prayer wasn't anything close to that. In fact, it was kind of banal.

I know for a fact that religious education isn't an education. Preaching is not teaching.

Forum List

Back