Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

i haven't seen where presidents who have served have been any better or worse than presidents who didn't.

but thanks for something that's truly spoken like someone who has no kids.

btw... if your life is trivial.. that's on you.

All the presidents who have dragged us into major wars never served:

Lincoln
Wilson
Roosevelt
Truman
Johnson
What about Truman?
Harry S. Truman enlisted for service in World War I with the National Guard and received his commission as a first lieutenant, Battery F, 2nd Field Artillery Regiment, Missouri National Guard, on June 22, 1917. On September 5, 1917, Truman’s regiment was called into federal service as the 129th Field Artillery Regiment. Truman was promoted to captain on April 23, 1918. He commanded Battery D of the 129th Field Artillery in France during the War. Truman was honorably discharged on May 6, 1919. He received his commission as a major in the Officers’ Reserve Corps in 1920. Truman remained an officer in the Field Artillery Reserve until he retired with the rank of colonel on January 31, 1953.

I want to thank everyone who has responded to this thread. It has been more than enjoyable since I posted it. I wanted to stimulate conversation but you have exceeded all my expectations. KudoZ to you.
However, like Payton Manning and Papa John are saying on the NFL, "Wait until you see what's next."

i haven't seen where presidents who have served have been any better or worse than presidents who didn't.

but thanks for something that's truly spoken like someone who has no kids.

btw... if your life is trivial.. that's on you.

All the presidents who have dragged us into major wars never served:

Lincoln
Wilson
Roosevelt
Truman
Johnson

Lyndon Johnson served in the Navy (Lt. Commander) in WW2, was awarded a Silver Star.

Truman served in WW1...he was an artillery officer (Captain), and was in France the day the Armistice was signed.

I'm glad we have proven that bloodthirsty specimens can acquire their taste in different ways. What's funny is how you people think that either way they alone should have access to weapons we do not.

Forum List

Back