Everybody Hates Russia

Well this is a sad time for my Ukraine and Ukrainians. I loathe the west for backing the illegal coup and the unconstitutional impeachment of the duly elected President.

This has precipitated this civil war.

I'm so angry at my Prime Minister Harper and my Conservative party for backing this coup and giving these bastards in Kiev the country that I am seriously considering changing parties after decades with the Conservatives going back to Brian Mulroney.

My husband and I are about ready to flush thirty plus years of Conservative Party loyalty down the drain over the Ukraine.
You are Ukrainian? Are you of Russian ethnicity? I don't disagree with your sentiments. It is just interesting to hear your view because most immigrants and expats from Ukraine to the West are anti-communist and by extension anti-russian. Canada has many western Ukrainian immigrants, I have read many were involved with nationalists groups during the Cold War and this has translated into support for what happened at Maidan today.

Third generation living in Sundown Manitoba now. My families came to Canada in the early 1900's and settled mostly in Northern Ontario and the west. Where I live now is heavy duty Uk country.

For those that actually followed the events leading up to the coup most are at minimum upset at the so called Maidan revolution resulting in the civil war. And those that are as informed as I are livid that Harper backed this coup.

I was on this as soon as I heard that the so called student uprising was becoming hijacked by Svoboda and the Right Sector. I knew it would not have a good outcome.

To have had my PM and my government back the unconstitutional ousting of the President has me spitting bullets daily. Not that I'm a particular fan of his but that my government, ditto Obama, ditto Cameron and the rest of the crew could blatantly assist in this farce of a "return to democracy". Such garbage. Such lies.

I grew up hating Stalin. Detesting the USSR. That sort of comes with our DNA. But I have not witnessed aggression by Russia that hasn't been superceded by western aggression and a continual interference in internal politics in multiple countries.

Frankly I'm maxxed out with the bullshit I've been witnessing from my party. And I'm pissed off that so many have just bought into the lies our leaders have been telling.

Well this is a sad time for my Ukraine and Ukrainians. I loathe the west for backing the illegal coup and the unconstitutional impeachment of the duly elected President.

This has precipitated this civil war.

I'm so angry at my Prime Minister Harper and my Conservative party for backing this coup and giving these bastards in Kiev the country that I am seriously considering changing parties after decades with the Conservatives going back to Brian Mulroney.

My husband and I are about ready to flush thirty plus years of Conservative Party loyalty down the drain over the Ukraine.
You are Ukrainian? Are you of Russian ethnicity? I don't disagree with your sentiments. It is just interesting to hear your view because most immigrants and expats from Ukraine to the West are anti-communist and by extension anti-russian. Canada has many western Ukrainian immigrants, I have read many were involved with nationalists groups during the Cold War and this has translated into support for what happened at Maidan today.

Third generation living in Sundown Manitoba now. My families came to Canada in the early 1900's and settled mostly in Northern Ontario and the west. Where I live now is heavy duty Uk country.

For those that actually followed the events leading up to the coup most are at minimum upset at the so called Maidan revolution resulting in the civil war. And those that are as informed as I are livid that Harper backed this coup.

I was on this as soon as I heard that the so called student uprising was becoming hijacked by Svoboda and the Right Sector. I knew it would not have a good outcome.

To have had my PM and my government back the unconstitutional ousting of the President has me spitting bullets daily. Not that I'm a particular fan of his but that my government, ditto Obama, ditto Cameron and the rest of the crew could blatantly assist in this farce of a "return to democracy". Such garbage. Such lies.

I grew up hating Stalin. Detesting the USSR. That sort of comes with our DNA. But I have not witnessed aggression by Russia that hasn't been superceded by western aggression and a continual interference in internal politics in multiple countries.

Frankly I'm maxxed out with the bullshit I've been witnessing from my party. And I'm pissed off that so many have just bought into the lies our leaders have been telling.
This video only confirms what you've just said, Tiny.

Last edited:
This, probably should be included in the Humor category.

The Ukrainian authorities are going to sue Western countries that did not refuse to import Russian oil. This was announced by the adviser to the President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky on economic issues Oleg Ustenko.

In an interview with the British TV channel Sky News, Ustenko called unacceptable the fact that the EU did not join the oil sanctions against the Russian Federation. "The whole civilized world is trying to stop this war, ... at the same time [some countries] are sending money to finance it," Zelensky's adviser said.

Earlier, the Kremlin warned Europe that the United States would not supply European countries with oil and gas for free. Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov said that the price of fuel in European countries will double, on the basis of which Russia's offer to buy gas for rubles is more profitable.

The United States and European countries began to impose tough economic sanctions against Russia after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on February 24 the start of a special operation to demilitarize and denazify Ukraine. The Russian head noted that the purpose of sanctions from the West is "the abolition of Russia" as a state.

Forum List

Back