even slingshots can stop crime,,

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2018
theres a reason we have a right to bear arms,, and even little kids can participate,,

Here's my spare, along with ammo and extra bands. The braided thing next to it is a Peruvian alpaca-hair David sling. ;)

The handle wrap is vet tape. It prevents the handle from twisting in your hand so your shot flies a lot straighter.

wr 001 (2).JPG

Here's my spare, along with ammo and extra bands. The braided thing next to it is a Peruvian alpaca-hair David sling. ;)

The handle wrap is vet tape. It prevents the handle from twisting in your hand so your shot flies a lot straighter.

View attachment 785063
I liked the ones with the wrist support so you can really pull back on it.
I haven't had one of those in a long time.
I killed a rabbit with my BeeBee gun a few years back from over 100 ft.
I tried chasing him off by hitting the ground beneath him...but he didn't even flinch, so I shot him in the head....then finished him off at close range just for sure.

I liked the ones with the wrist support so you can really pull back on it.
I haven't had one of those in a long time.
I killed a rabbit with my BeeBee gun a few years back from over 100 ft.
I tried chasing him off by hitting the ground beneath him...but he didn't even flinch, so I shot him in the head....then finished him off at close range just for sure.

DAMN! After the bunnies destroyed my apple tree this winter, I'm totally up for that!

Wrist rockets (the kind of slingshot with surgical rubber, leather pouch and wrist support) are definitely no joke. Especially when using steel balls or round lead fishing sinkers. Used to have one when I was a kid, and was able to kill squirrels at a pretty fair distance. Not only does the wrist support allow you to bring it back further, resulting in more power, but it also stabilizes the slingshot, giving you better accuracy. Never tried wrapping the handle though, might do that if I ever decide to get another one.

I used a pump action air-rifle with iron sights.
Snipers train using air-rifles in sniper school.

Pump action air rifles are pretty decent for critter hunting.

HOWEVER.......................

I saw something at Tractor Supply that I've been thinking about for a while now. It's a CO2 powered semi/fully automatic BB gun that can fire up to 300 rounds/minute, and the velocity on the damn thing is around 420 - 450 fps.

Full auto with that much power would make short work of a squirrel or a 'possum. I'm thinking it would even be enough to take out a raccoon at 150 ft.

Wrist rockets (the kind of slingshot with surgical rubber, leather pouch and wrist support) are definitely no joke. Especially when using steel balls or round lead fishing sinkers. Used to have one when I was a kid, and was able to kill squirrels at a pretty fair distance. Not only does the wrist support allow you to bring it back further, resulting in more power, but it also stabilizes the slingshot, giving you better accuracy. Never tried wrapping the handle though, might do that if I ever decide to get another one.
I'd rather have a crossbow than a wrist rocket.
Slingshots are the last ditch deal when you're starving.
You can put them in your pouch or cargo pocket.
Their accuracy is low where most of the game would be, further out.
All of this stuff needs to be practiced a lot to get good at it.

I saw something at Tractor Supply that I've been thinking about for a while now. It's a CO2 powered semi/fully automatic BB gun that can fire up to 300 rounds/minute, and the velocity on the damn thing is around 420 - 450 fps.

Full auto with that much power would make short work of a squirrel or a 'possum. I'm thinking it would even be enough to take out a raccoon at 150 ft.
My air rifle shoots from 750-1000 fps.
I'm not sure you can kill a possum with 450....but I've never tried.

I had a Russian IZH Drozd "Bumble Bee" but the problem with it and all Co2 full-autos is you only get about half-way through a Co2 cylinder before they freeze-up. Tons of fun before then though. ;)

wm_1921503.jpg

The IZH's barrel was rifled for use will lead BBs though it would take the steel ones too. Mine had a detachable stock and a single shot, three round burst, or full-auto selector switch.

If you used lead BBs (they engaged the rifling) it was very accurate too.

I believe that they make/made a compressed air conversion for them that eliminates the freezing issue.

R.c17cdbdd05f648e64b4ed0d2ab3c468a

Forum List

Back