Even FOX news sees the danger

When Pelosi said we had to pass the bill to find out what's in it I thought that was stupid

Now repubs are saying we have to not pass it to find out that old folks and the country won't be in danger and I still think it's stupid.

Why are old folks in danger? Democrats have stated repeatedly that SS fund are safe in trust.

When Pelosi said we had to pass the bill to find out what's in it I thought that was stupid

Now repubs are saying we have to not pass it to find out that old folks and the country won't be in danger and I still think it's stupid.

Why are old folks in danger? Democrats have stated repeatedly that SS fund are safe in trust.

Are you saying you believe the dems? I also mentioned the entire country too. Any thoughts?

Are you saying you believe the dems? I also mentioned the entire country too. Any thoughts?

Believe a democrat. Now that is funny. As far as the country would it be better to face it off now or when we are 40 trillion in debt and have 3 trillion dollar debt service payments?

I think you just got your answer.

So now you claim Bush never announced the banks were going to collapse if we did not help them?

You really need to stop changing your argument. this has got to be the fourth different version of what you claimed Bush said.

Wouldn't it be easier just to quote what you think he said than maintain several different stories?

Transcript - President Bush’s Speech to the Nation on the Economic Crisis - Text - NYTimes.com

The government's top economic experts warn that, without immediate action by Congress, America could slip into a financial panic and a distressing scenario would unfold.

More banks could fail, including some in your community. The stock market would drop even more, which would reduce the value of your retirement account. The value of your home could plummet. Foreclosures would rise dramatically.

And if you own a business or a farm, you would find it harder and more expensive to get credit. More businesses would close their doors, and millions of Americans could lose their jobs.

Even if you have good credit history, it would be more difficult for you to get the loans you need to buy a car or send your children to college. And, ultimately, our country could experience a long and painful recession

So now you claim Bush never announced the banks were going to collapse if we did not help them?

You really need to stop changing your argument. this has got to be the fourth different version of what you claimed Bush said.

Wouldn't it be easier just to quote what you think he said than maintain several different stories?

Transcript - President Bush’s Speech to the Nation on the Economic Crisis - Text - NYTimes.com

The government's top economic experts warn that, without immediate action by Congress, America could slip into a financial panic and a distressing scenario would unfold.

More banks could fail, including some in your community. The stock market would drop even more, which would reduce the value of your retirement account. The value of your home could plummet. Foreclosures would rise dramatically.

And if you own a business or a farm, you would find it harder and more expensive to get credit. More businesses would close their doors, and millions of Americans could lose their jobs.

Even if you have good credit history, it would be more difficult for you to get the loans you need to buy a car or send your children to college. And, ultimately, our country could experience a long and painful recession

If you give me a few trillion today I will gladly pay you....... Well get back to you.

The SS is safe, until the GOP finds a way to steal it. Bush tried, and failed. But hope springs eternal for the thieves within the zoo of the GOP.

The SS is safe, until the GOP finds a way to steal it. Bush tried, and failed. But hope springs eternal for the thieves within the zoo of the GOP.

Then why are the checks being threatened? It being so safe and all

You want to balance the budget without raising taxes?

Fine. 40 cents on every dollar the government spends is now borrowed.

That means a 40% cut in spending has to happen to balance the budget.

How many of you on the Right can accept a 40% cut in defense spending?

Believe a democrat. Now that is funny. As far as the country would it be better to face it off now or when we are 40 trillion in debt and have 3 trillion dollar debt service payments?

I think you just got your answer.

So you don't believe dems or you don't? I don't get what you're saying.

Either way the repubs are saying trust us nothing will happen and I don't trust pols. Since we have never defaulted before I think the "don't worry everything will be fine" approach is too glib.

I didn't trust or believe Pelosi when she said it and I don't trust it when repubs do it either. Period.

Forum List

Back