Evan Bayh Out!

Bush even backed Spechter, the most agregious case of opportunism, over Toomey. Making that assertion suggests that someone here gets their political viewpoint from left leaning sources...maybe the MSM, who would call Specter a "moderate Republican," instead of the snake he really is.
Yep I just can't get enough of those political viewpoints from left leaning sources.....

"Hi my name is MIPS and I'm a left wing media addict" ....

There are those who are of the camp who are enamored with the phrase "they all do it" or the "R's are just as bad as the D's" in whatever the sin of the day happens to be. The problem with that is the R's have enough sins of their own as do the D's. Taking that equanimity and going with it means that not only do the R's have all those of the D's, but also their own, which effectively makes them look twice as bad as the D's. That is the popular wisdom, and it just doesn't hold water, or at least calls for closer examination.

It does help to look at the sources who make those pronouncements and not just repeat them, so as to just move on. My complaint is that too many R's are wimps and accept any characteristic layed upon them by the left by simply moving on so as not to get bogged down. Note that Bush never once denied any of the crap that was said about him, knowing that once he did the debate would be set at that low level. Re: "What mistakes have you made...." Instead he went over the heads of the MSM directly to the public.

Calling these people RINOs was never a pronouncement of anyone in the R hierarchy. The complaint was confined to the pundits and minions in the party.

Do those in the R Hierarchy ask pundits and minions to do their name calling for them? I personally don't think they have to. Why wouldn't ordinary folks latch onto and use labels which describe in one word what they are thinking? My observance was that NO elected Republican ever criticized Specter about his tendency to be unreliable, with the possible, but not proven, exception of former PA Senator Rick Santorum, probably the most outspoken of all. And that would not count once he was out of office.

Last edited:
Bayh was actually a somewhat Conservative Democrat who was stabbed in the back too many times by the partisan nutters in his own party. Harry Reid shooting down the recent Bi-Partisan Jobs Bill was the last straw for the man. I consider myself an Independent so i can say that Bayh was actually a pretty good Congressman. He will likely be missed.

I think you're mostly correct. Bayh was a Truman/JFK kind of Democrat. He was more willing to use big government to accomplish more social programs than a true conservative would support, but he was not willing to weaken national defense/security, usurp the Constitution, infringe on individual rights, or damage the economy in the process. And he was not all encompassing as an LBJ or Obama, nor does he condone incompetence as we saw in Carter and now in Obama.

When most Democrats were more like Bayh, I was a happy Democrat. But once the 1960's social revolutionaries grew up and were able to infiltrate and control the party (and the mainstream media) and make it into something very different than it once was, being a happy Democrat no longer appears to be in the cards for me in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Bush even backed Spechter, the most agregious case of opportunism, over Toomey. Making that assertion suggests that someone here gets their political viewpoint from left leaning sources...maybe the MSM, who would call Specter a "moderate Republican," instead of the snake he really is.
Yep I just can't get enough of those political viewpoints from left leaning sources.....

"Hi my name is MIPS and I'm a left wing media addict" ....

There are those who are of the camp who are enamored with the phrase "they all do it" or the "R's are just as bad as the D's" in whatever the sin of the day happens to be. The problem with that is the R's have enough sins of their own as do the D's. Taking that equanimity and going with it means that not only do the R's have all those of the D's, but also their own, which effectively makes them look twice as bad as the D's. That is the popular wisdom, and it just doesn't hold water, or at least calls for closer examination.

It does help to look at the sources who make those pronouncements and not just repeat them, so as to just move on. My complaint is that too many R's are wimps and accept any characteristic layed upon them by the left by simply moving on so as not to get bogged down. Note that Bush never once denied any of the crap that was said about him, knowing that once he did the debate would be set at that low level. Re: "What mistakes have you made...." Instead he went over the heads of the MSM directly to the public.

Calling these people RINOs was never a pronouncement of anyone in the R hierarchy. The complaint was confined to the pundits and minions in the party.

Do those in the R Hierarchy ask pundits and minions to do their name calling for them? I personally don't think they have to. Why wouldn't ordinary folks latch onto and use labels which describe in one word what they are thinking? My observance was that NO elected Republican ever criticized Specter about his tendency to be unreliable, with the possible, but not proven, exception of former PA Senator Rick Santorum, probably the most outspoken of all. And that would not count once he was out of office.

Unfortunately, BOTH PARTIES share some of the same "sins" as well as having their own unique brand of "sin", however I'm not going to engage in the tired old shell game of "this party does that" when it's clear to me that both of the major parties do "that" without pointing it out. As far as those in the R Hierarchy asking pundits and minions to do their name calling for them, yes you betcha they do that in more ways than one.

IMHO both parties have become malignant tumors on the body politic, the GOP has the potential to be cured however that cure isn't going to happen by turning a blind eye to hypocrisy when it's committed by "The R Hierarchy and their minions", in fact those interested in curing the ills of the GOP need to be more critical and more vocal in their criticism of the GOP than they do of the Democrats, after all no matter how often a conservative or a libertarian tells the Democrats what a repugnant path their party is on, the Democrats aren't going to listen anyways.

Face it folks... the Dems are in HUGE trouble....

Six Republican Senators have announced they are not seeking re-election vs only three Democrats.

Looks like it is the Republican ship that is sinking

This is yet another telling blow to the current crop of Democrats.

Evan Bayh was no aging on his way out Democrat, but rather a rising star in the party who was among the top considerations to be Obama's Vice President.

His getting out while the getting is good is as clear an indication of the inner turmoil running rampant throughout the Democrat Party at the moment. Congressional Dems are feeling uncertain, fearful, and in some cases, betrayed by the utter incompetence of this White House and Democrat leadership...

:omg:

Bayh To Retire In Face Of Challenge - Hotline On Call

Bayh To Retire In Face Of Challenge
February 15, 2010 10:49 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | Share This
By Reid Wilson

Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN) will not seek a 3rd term in the Senate next year, according to a Dem source, handing Dems yet another setback as they struggle to salvage their damaged ship.

Bayh, elected statewide 5 times, will become the 5th Senate Dem not to seek another term. His decision to step aside , first reported by The Fix and confirmed to Hotline OnCall, creates an open seat in IN, a usually-red state that broke the mold in '08 by voting narrowly for Pres. Obama.

Last week, ex-Sen. Dan Coats (R), who held Bayh's seat before retiring in '98, announced he would run for the seat. Ex-Rep. John Hostettler (R) had already announced his own candidacy...

Seems like Bayh is quitting on Congress. Still taking up space, but withdrawing effort. At least Palin walked away completely. He is a quitter in my mind. Unsuccessful quitter.

The guy obviously doesn't want to continue for another term in a job that he clearly hates and that makes him an "unsuccessful quitter"? Have you ever left a job because you didn't like it?

Employees that feel this way need to move on immediately. It hurts the organization. I say unsuccessful, because he has not accomplished what he set out to do. I reality, it looks like he is placing HIS future above his district. Did I miss something?

Six Republican Senators have announced they are not seeking re-election vs only three Democrats.

Unfortunately for your hypothesis it appears that those Six Republicans will be replaced by Six other Republicans.

And their departure was planned so that the party had time to find suitable replacement candidates.

Evan Bayh's departure has the Democrat Party scrambling for a replacement, and the rest of the party looking very nervously at the rising tide of anti-big government waters heading into the November elections...

Unfortunately for your hypothesis it appears that those Six Republicans will be replaced by Six other Republicans.

Oh I get it now!

When a Republican leaves office it is assumed that another Republican will take his place.

When a Democrat leaves office you assume the seat will turn over

Partisan politics is fun isn't it?

Nah, it's already up to 5 Democrat Senators and very likely Barbara Mikulsky for health reasons.

Bayh is the fifth Democratic Senator not seeking reelection. He joins Sens. Chris Dodd (Conn.), Byron Dorgan (N.D.), Ted Kaufman (Del.) and Roland Burris (Ill.) on the sidelines. Six Republicans are retiring: Sens. Kit Bond (Mo.), George Lemieux (Fla.), Judd Gregg (N.H.), George Voinovich (Ohio), Sam Brownback (Kans.) and Jim Bunning (Ky.)

Oh I get it now!

When a Republican leaves office it is assumed that another Republican will take his place.

Here's the new candidate, RW:

http://tamyraforsenate.com/

Yep, she just annonced she has the necessary sig's for nomination. She'll be filing shortly.

LMAO!.....say goodbye to another seat!:lol:

Actual footage of Harry Reid learning of Evan Bayh's departure...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40]YouTube - Dramatic Look[/ame]

Oh I get it now!

Please tell us how Dorgan will be replaced by a Democrat.
Looks like my predictions will come true. Yours won't. How's that 7.6% unemployment coming?

Oh I get it now!

No, I went and looked at the current polling for those seats........unlike you I don't just pull things out of thin air.

Who will Bayh pick as his VP for his challenge for the Presidency in 2012? Can he convince Biden to leave a sinking ship, or will he go with Hillary?

Who will Bayh pick as his VP for his challenge for the Presidency in 2012? Can he convince Biden to leave a sinking ship, or will he go with Hillary?

Well he's on the record that he has no intention of running in 2012 and says that he has already told President Obama that he will support Obama in his re-election bid.

But as we know, such pronouncements by politicians frequently turn out to be more like guidelines subject to amendment as expedient.

I do think he is not likely to completely compromise his integrity and run with Obama in 2012 though since he couldn't bring himself to do it in 2008 when he had the chance.

Well he's on the record that he has no intention of running in 2012 and says that he has already told President Obama that he will support Obama in his re-election bid.

But as we know, such pronouncements by politicians frequently turn out to be more like guidelines subject to amendment as expedient.

I do think he is not likely to completely compromise his integrity and run with Obama in 2012 though since he couldn't bring himself to do it in 2008 when he had the chance.

What makes you think Obama even wants to run again? He's bored with the job, it's like: been there, done that.

Obama needs to run for King of the World so he's not even going to stand for reelection to a job that: a) he's already done, and b) that bores him to tears and c) where people talk back to him

Bayh/Clinton 2012

Bayh is too moderate and level headed thus the Democrats will never nominate him. ;)

Forum List

Back