Eva Bartlett on Gaza in Crisis - An Eyewitness Report

theliq, et al,

Preparedness and the maintenance of technical advances are not inconsistent with the policy understood by all the Regional Players. Several Regional Countries receive military aid of direct support from either the US or Russia. Preparedness against the anti-Israeli forces, which have demonstrated their threat potential in the past, is exactly why the US needs to ensure the Israeli defense capabilities are up to the task.

The 10 Year plan is "old news."

theliq, et al,

No, I don't think I said that at all.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Even your speaker (Eve Bartlett) understands that you are just attempting to justify continued violence with Israel by claiming that they cannot see the border between Israel and Gaza.

Israel is defending its settler colonial project.
(COMMENT)

No matter what you might think of the acquisition process, the REALITY is that the Gaza Strip is what it is.

The after that you don't recognize the reality of a real-world situation is (I don't know what) ...

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco......Are you telling me now that Israel uses no Violence towards the Palestinians !!!!!!!!You have become a "Coal Fire Man" regrettably
(COMMENT)

There is a great deal of difference between the expression of hostility the Arab Palestinian projects (the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force [Article 68, GCIV; Article 2(4), UN Ch] --- and --- the Israel behavior response to provocation of such unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the Arab Palestinian.

In fact, Eve Bartlett's little panel completely ignores the consequences of Arab Palestinian provocative behaviors and exaggerates the Arab Palestinian sense of self (as a people and culture) that makes it difficult to get along with the Israelis. The goal of discipline, through military response, is teaching appropriate behaviors. The Arab Palestinian people need to be taught that their actions have consequences. Consequences can be either positive or negative. In the case of Arab Palestinians, threats do not have much teaching value and sometimes have unintended consequences. For example, Arab Palestinian threats have generated unwarranted scrutiny to avoid the Arab Palestinians associated with such threats; singling them out for special security criteria do to the demonstrated threat.

I noticed that the issue of proportionality was discussed at length. But the panel did not discuss to the same extent that the determining factor is in the assessment: What is the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated?

Excerpt From:
U.S. Forces: Challenges Ahead
Author: Colin L. Powell, United States Army (Ret.)
Winter 1992/93

Decisive means and results are always to be preferred, even if they are not always possible. We should always be skeptical when so-called experts suggest that all a particular crisis calls for is a little surgical bombing or a limited attack. When the "surgery" is over and the desired result is not obtained, a new set of experts then comes forward with talk of just a little escalation—more bombs, more men and women, more force. History has not been kind to this approach to war-making. In fact this approach has been tragic—both for the men and women who are called upon to implement it and for the nation. This is not to argue that the use of force is restricted to only those occasions where the victory of American arms will be resounding, swift and overwhelming. It is simply to argue that the use of force should be restricted to occasions where it can do some good and where the good will outweigh the loss of lives and other costs that will surely ensue. Wars kill people. That is what makes them different from all other forms of human enterprise.

The idea behind the "concrete and direct military advantage anticipated" is that the target is not putting more forces at risk. When a military response is required, you must use enough force to positively achieve the "concrete and direct military advantage anticipated." Nowhere has this failure of a military force been more evident.

As the International Community became involved and listened more and more to the Arab Palestinians, the protection of life has actually decreased. The Arab Palestinian periodically provokes a military confrontation and the restricted military response does not achieve the goal of a decisive victory, and the Arab Palestinian brings another provocative series of attacks forward, and the Israelis respond again. And so on. This happend :

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Second Intifada (2000–2005) - Second Palestinian uprising, a period of intensified violence, which began in late September 2000.
  • Gaza War (December 2008 - January 2009) -
The Arab Palestinians are never quite crushed to the point that the conflict is over. That is as much the fault of the International Community and it is anyone's. The International Community, whines like no tomorrow for the Israelis to stop; never letting the Israelis reach the point of crushing the Arab Palestinians to the point that they no longer have the will to continue with the conflict and move into the peaceful nation building mode.

Most Respectfully,
R
When did you lose your right eye Rocco because lately a lot of you prose is one eyed (getting embolden because of the Trumpo victory,I know you realise that Bullshit is unsustainable,friend....then what.......Reality of course....did you know that in September 2016 the US and Israel had an agreement where the US will give Israel..$38 Billion(US Taxpayers Money) in Aid(Weaponary) over the next 10 years.steve
(COMMENT)

Whether or not the status quo is "unsustainable" was not the issue. The current US position on Israel dates back to the JCSM 373-67 (Joints Chiefs of Staff Meme to the POTUS); as adjusted to meet the changing threat and political environment. The JCSM Memo marked the first driver (JUN 1967) on the position that the US would maintain up until the 21st Century. But that is not the real issue.

The Elephant in the Room is based in the knowledge that the Arab Palestinians show no signs that they are going to approach the Peace from the goal that:

• Israel be dismantled and replaced with a tyrannical Arab Majority,
• Weaken Israel to the point that the Arab Palestinian can defeat them.
.........---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------..........
(“Allahu Akbar! [God is great]” and “Mawt lil-Yahud! [Death to the Jews]”)

Excerpt Paragraph 2, JCSM 373-67 29 JUN 67
View attachment 108780

There is nothing new with these chants. But the UN and the various International Court Systems (by their actions or lack of) have given the appearance of granting undue advantage to the Arab Palestinian that has shaken the faith (much like the Dreyfus affair) that justice can be obtained for either the Jew or the Jewish Nation.

Most Respectfully,
R
Rocco informative as ever,but please answer me this.....If there had Never been the Six Day War....Would Israel continue to Steal Palestinian Land...seeing their Modus Operandi of continued Stealing of Palestinian Land since 67 ??????? And why don't they extract Land from Egypt,Jordan,Syria(I know they have the Golan) and Lebonan.??or is that for the future....What is Israel's true intent Rocco...steve

theliq, et al,

The basic problem, especially in this question, revolves around the dilemma of determinism. We (you and me) do not know:
• If Israeli actions were controlled by a causal chain of preceding events? --- OR ---
• If Israeli actions were controlled by external influence? --- OR ---
• If the Jewish Leadership making the decisions for the people of Israel were making those decisions independent of the events (intern or external)?

Rocco informative as ever,but please answer me this.....If there had Never been the Six Day War....Would Israel continue to Steal Palestinian Land...seeing their Modus Operandi of continued Stealing of Palestinian Land since 67 ??????? And why don't they extract Land from Egypt, Jordan, Syria (I know they have the Golan) and Lebonan.??or is that for the future....What is Israel's true intent Rocco...steve
(COMMENT)

On the matter of: "Why don't they extract Land from Egypt, Jordan, Syria (I know they have the Golan) and Lebonan.?

∆ The Sykes-Picot Agreement Line of May 1916 (Area "A" and Area "B") basically started with the boundary between the Sanjak Beirut and the Province of Lebanon until it intersected with the boundary between the Sanjak of Damascus and the Sanjak of Hauran; just north of the Sea of Galilee to the Jordan River. The Vilayet of Beirut consisted of three Sanjak to the north (Provence of Lebanon, and the Sanjaks of Tripoli andLatakia) and three Sanjaks to the south (Beirut, Acre, Balqa). This was the old

"The agreement led to the division of Turkish-held Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine into various French- and British-administered areas. Negotiations were begun in November 1915, and the final agreement took its name from its negotiators, Sir Mark Sykes of Britain and François Georges-Picot of France." [The SECRET Syke-Picot Arrangement (now more than a century old) came more than a year before the Nov 1917 Balfour Agreement.]

WRITTEN BY: The Editors of Encyclopædia BritannicaLAST UPDATED: 5-31-2016 See Article History
Skyes-Picot Map 1916.png

While other pieces of the Sykes-Picot Agreement remnants are around even today, in general, it can be said that the Middle East bears no resemblance to the present day.
Second: Your question is Biased and hypothetical from the start: Would Israel continue to Steal Palestinian Land...seeing their Modus Operandi of continued Stealing of Palestinian Land since 67.

I learned (the hard way) to avoid speculation without a clear understanding of the element to an event; and --- seldom allow hypotheticals to entrap you. It can be corrosive to one's career. Like everything else taken to excess, honesty can become the noose by which you are hanged.

• Prior to 1988, there was no such autonomous Government of Palestine. So in reality, nothing was taken from the Arab Palestinians. The West Bank was sovereign Jordanian territory and the Gaza Strip was a former Egyptian Military Governorship.
• The Arab Palestinians argue that they are fighting against 'occupation." If that is true, at what point were the Arab Palestinians a self-governing institution?
Most Respectfully,
R​

Last edited:
theliq, et al,

The basic problem, especially in this question, revolves around the dilemma of determinism. We (you and me) do not know:
• If Israeli actions were controlled by a causal chain of preceding events? --- OR ---
• If the Jewish Leadership making the decisions for the people of Israel were making those decisions independent of the events (intern or external)?

Rocco informative as ever,but please answer me this.....If there had Never been the Six Day War....Would Israel continue to Steal Palestinian Land...seeing their Modus Operandi of continued Stealing of Palestinian Land since 67 ??????? And why don't they extract Land from Egypt, Jordan, Syria (I know they have the Golan) and Lebonan.??or is that for the future....What is Israel's true intent Rocco...steve
(COMMENT)

On the matter of: "Why don't they extract Land from Egypt, Jordan, Syria (I know they have the Golan) and Lebonan.?

∆ The Sykes-Picot Agreement Line of May 1916 (Area "A" and Area "B") basically started with the boundary between the Sanjak Beirut and the Province of Lebanon until it intersected with the boundary between the Sanjak of Damascus and the Sanjak of Hauran; just north of the Sea of Galilee to the Jordan River. The Vilayet of Beirut consisted of three Sanjak to the north (Provence of Lebanon, and the Sanjaks of Tripoli andLatakia) and three Sanjaks to the south (Beirut, Acre, Balqa). This was the old

"The agreement led to the division of Turkish-held Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine into various French- and British-administered areas. Negotiations were begun in November 1915, and the final agreement took its name from its negotiators, Sir Mark Sykes of Britain and François Georges-Picot of France." [The SECRET Syke-Picot Arrangement (now more than a century old) came more than a year before the Nov 1917 Balfour Agreement.]

WRITTEN BY: The Editors of Encyclopædia BritannicaLAST UPDATED: 5-31-2016 See Article History
View attachment 108900
While other pieces of the Sykes-Picot Agreement remnants are around even today, in general, it can be said that the Middle East bears no resemblance to the present day.
Second: Your question is Biased and hypothetical from the start: Would Israel continue to Steal Palestinian Land...seeing their Modus Operandi of continued Stealing of Palestinian Land since 67.

I learned (the hard way) to avoid speculation without a clear understanding of the element to an event; and --- seldom allow hypotheticals to entrap you. It can be corrosive to one's career. Like everything else taken to excess, honesty can become the noose by which you are hanged.

• Prior to 1988, there was no such autonomous Government of Palestine. So in reality, nothing was taken from the Arab Palestinians. The West Bank was sovereign Jordanian territory and the Gaza Strip was a former Egyptian Military Governorship.
• The Arab Palestinians argue that they are fighting against 'occupation." If that is true, at what point were the Arab Palestinians a self-governing institution?
Most Respectfully,
R​
I wasn't trying to be Bias at all Rocco,just pointing out factual events of more Palestinian Land being acquired(stolen)with No Compensation or Agreement by Israel or the Palestinian Land holders....infact the Land was Stolen by Israel...Why...To build settlement for Settlers who really are in the Majority Converted Non Jew into Judiasm/Zionists....The Synthetics I refer to.....What is right or my right, appropriating Palestinian Land for myself just because I became a Jewish Convert .....Morally there is NON....but you Blithely say "The Middle East(Palestine)bears no resemblance in the present day"...You were happy enough in 1948 to have your borders,why now and since 48 has this attitude changed.steve ps Anyone can say the Basic Problem and do as they please.....the basic problem is the Israelis want to see the elimination of the Palestinian People....It is Shameful...that is why the world is against Israel continually...The Crown Prince of Comedy and Lies,your Mr Trump(yes the man who believes that there is No Global Warming and thinks the EARTH IS FLAT)you think gives you some sort of Credibility and Moral High Ground.....He does not...The Man is a Blithering Idiot.....The world are never going to stand around and be dictated to, by a Baffoon like him,or the Zionists....You are an Intelligent Man Rocco(I do like you personally)But why do you like to persist in the unbridled support of such people...in only a one-eyed way when you know better Rocco...I have always said you are not a Fool,so start showing some responsibility on these issues,instead of your stall purveying RED HERRINGS all the time..because that is Basic,friend.......... Boringly SO.steve

Last edited:
theliq, et al,

(COMMENT)

View attachment 108900

Most Respectfully,
R​

Don't treat Theliq with any validity as he insists that every Jew who ever lived in Israel converted the day before moving there.
He is a piece of lying, Islamo Nazi scum.

theliq, et al,

(COMMENT)

View attachment 108900

Most Respectfully,
R​

Don't treat Theliq with any validity as he insists that every Jew who ever lived in Israel converted the day before moving there.
I have never said that or believe that at all......but I will point out that there are more Synthetic Jews CONVERTS living in Israel than Semetic Jews with lineage to Abraham....Amusing how FILTH like you call me "Islamo Nazi Scum".....(WHICH IS A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS) when it was you very Zionists that COLLABORATED WITH HITLER AND THE NAZIS<AND HELPED SEND MILLIONS OF JEWS TO THE GAS CHAMBERS,Men,Women and Children and Babies.

See Rocco,when you persist with one eyed prose.....you just encourage,the MORON ELEMENT...like this individual.steve

theliq, et al,

(COMMENT)

View attachment 108900

Most Respectfully,
R​

I have never said that or believe that at all......but I will point out that there are more Synthetic Jews CONVERTS living in Israel than Semetic Jews with lineage to Abraham....Amusing how FILTH like you call me "Islamo Nazi Scum".....(WHICH IS A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS) when it was you very Zionists that COLLABORATED WITH HITLER AND THE NAZIS<AND HELPED SEND MILLIONS OF JEWS TO THE GAS CHAMBERS,Men,Women and Children and Babies.

See Rocco,when you persist with one eyed prose.....you just encourage,the MORON ELEMENT...like this individual.steve
How your Jewish mom?
Is SHE synthetic?

theliq, et al,

(COMMENT)

View attachment 108900

Most Respectfully,
R​

How your Jewish mom?
Is SHE synthetic?
My Mom is neither Jewish or Synthetic......SHE IS DEAD

False question, Rocco. That is an Israeli talking point.

theliq, et al,

(COMMENT)

View attachment 108900

Most Respectfully,
R​

How your Jewish mom?
Is SHE synthetic?
My Mom is neither Jewish or Synthetic......SHE IS DEAD
You better consult with the other people you share this account with because your mom was Jewish.

theliq, et al,

"One-eyed Prose!" I'll look at that as a compliment of a fashion. After all --- Lieutenant Columbo only had one eye.

(COMMENT)

I do encourage people to speak their mind. But I don't engage in ad Hominem attacks.

Palestinian Land being acquired(stolen)with No Compensation or Agreement by Israel
(COMMENT)

I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing! There are agreements in place. In fact, the very agreement that establishes the Palestinian Authority (PA) also has established the Areas "A" - "B" - and "C;" and the Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (AKA: Oslo II)

ARTICLE XXI
Settlement of Differences and Disputes

Any difference relating to the application of this Agreement shall be referred to the appropriate coordination and cooperation mechanism established under this Agreement. The provisions of Article XV of the Declaration of Principles on Interim Self-Government Arrangements shall apply to any such difference which is not settled through the appropriate coordination and cooperation mechanism, namely:

1. Disputes arising out of the application or interpretation of this Agreement or any related agreements pertaining to the interim period shall be settled through the Liaison Committee.

2. Disputes which cannot be settled by negotiations may be settled by a mechanism of conciliation to be agreed between the Parties.

3. The Parties may agree to submit to arbitration disputes relating to the interim period, which cannot be settled through conciliation. To this end, upon the agreement of both Parties, the Parties will establish an Arbitration Committee.​

The question you have to ask: In the two decades since the Accords, has the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) the sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people (1974 Seventh Arab League Summit Conference) in any Palestinian territory that is liberated) even once exercised the dispute resolution process?

Now I may not agree with the manner in which the Israelis implement or take advantage of the agreement, but it is an agreement that was praised by the entire International Community. And since the Oslo Accord II signing and implemented in 1995, "Area C" – which remains under full Israeli control, including Israeli jurisdiction over planning and construction – the PLO has not brought the issue before the Liaison Committee or the Arbitration Committee. Nor have the Palestinians entered into any serious negotiation with the Israelis, even if the State of Palestinian was considered competent.

Article 3 --- International agreements not within the scope of the present Convention
Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties --- Entered into force 27 January 1980

The fact that the present Convention does not apply to international agreements concluded between States and other subjects of international law or between such other subjects of international law, or to international agreements not in written form, shall not affect:

(a) the legal force of such agreements;
(b) the application to them of any of the rules set forth in the present Convention to which they would be subject under international law independently of the Convention;
(c) the application of the Convention to the relations of States as between themselves under international agreements to which other subjects of international law are also parties.
In other words, in a case of First Impression, it would seem that the intent is "binding." To say it is not binding questions the validity of numerous international agreements. If you believe in International Law, then you also believe that in Area C, Israel controls both security matters and all land-related civil matters, including land allocation, planning and construction, and infrastructure.

The status quo will probably remain until such time as the Arab Palestinians can demonstrate that they pose no unreasonable threat AND the issue of defensible borders (JCSM-373-67) no long is an issue (no Armistice Matters are resolved).

"Islamo Nazi Scum".....(WHICH IS A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS) when it was you very Zionists that COLLABORATED WITH HITLER AND THE NAZIS<AND HELPED SEND MILLIONS OF JEWS TO THE GAS CHAMBERS,Men,Women and Children and Babies.
(COMMENT)

Generally speaking, "The Holocaust" starts in the Spring 1933; about the time that Dachau was built. In 1933 and with the Enabling Act empowering Hitler with dictatorial powers (and self-appointed supreme judge of the German people), there were still many Jews that lived in Germany and considered themselves Loyal German Citizens. There were Jews in all walks of life. But in the end, the Government betrayed the loyalty of the Jewish people and condemned them all. If you want to call those that held their loyalty as "collaborators," then so be it. But it is (in my opinion) a very foolish position to take. By May 1935 Jews prohibited from serving in the military. In September 1939, the Invasion of Poland, Declaration of War by England and France, and the Proclamation of Jewish Isolation begins:

• Jews are not Permitted to own Radios
• Jews have 9 pm Curfew
• Jews denied civil service positions
• The St. Louis, a ship crowded with 930 Jewish refugees, is turned away by Cuba, the US and other countries and returns to Europe.
• Jews lose rights as tenants and are relocated into Jewish houses.
• Jews are prohibited from practicing Medicine and Law
For Jews, the period 1933 to 1939 was in chaos. The "Transfer Agreement" was just one out of many attempts to place the lives of the Jews above the profit. The Nazi's just turn around and force Jews to hand over all gold and silver items (1939). This is not quite the same as the Nazi connections relative to the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, or the using Fawzi al-Qawuqji (former Wehrmacht Colonel - Iron Cross) as a Field Commander of the Arab Liberation Army (ALA), and Hasan Salama (former German Commando of the Waffen SS - Fallschirmjäger) Executive Officer (#2) of the Holy War Army (HWA).

Casting the innuendo that the Jewish had this big deal of Collaboration is ridiculous. The Transfer Agreement was in 1933 Rescue effort; whereas the European Theater of World War II opened with the German invasion of Poland of 1939; six years before the war.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

I always state my reasons why I might think in a given direction.

(QUEStION)

What is your reasoning?

BTW: You should base your objection on what is say (Content) not on who said what. Comments like: "That is an Israeli talking point." is merely just another form of ad Hominem attack.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

I always state my reasons why I might think in a given direction.

(QUEStION)

What is your reasoning?

BTW: You should base your objection on what is say (Content) not on who said what. Comments like: "That is an Israeli talking point." is merely just another form of ad Hominem attack.

Most Respectfully,
R
That since the Palestinians never had a sovereign state, the Palestinians have no rights. That is just one of Israel's bullshit talking points. People have the same rights even if they are prevented from exercising their sovereignty.

P F Tinmore, et al,

You make these sweeping condemnations all the time.

I am not sure that we are talking about the same thing! There are agreements in place. In fact, the very agreement that establishes the Palestinian Authority (PA) also has established the Areas "A" - "B" - and "C;" and the Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (AKA: Oslo II)
Israel violates the rules of occupation up one side and down the other.
(QUESTION)

What particular issue do you want to discuss? The description of "up one side and down the other" is a qualifier like the concept of "infinity" is in math. No scientist likes the solution to be an "infinity." It might as well be a wrong answer. It is unuseful. So it is with your: "up one side and down the other;" unuseful.

Why is the Occupation still under containment? Or is it a matter of preconditions set by the Hostile Arab Palestinians?

Most Respectfully,
R

1. Disputes arising out of the application or interpretation of this Agreement or any related agreements pertaining to the interim period shall be settled through the Liaison Committee.
Where is this Liaison Committee? Who is on it?

P F Tinmore, et al,

You make these sweeping condemnations all the time.

Israel violates the rules of occupation up one side and down the other.
(QUESTION)

What particular issue do you want to discuss? The description of "up one side and down the other" is a qualifier like the concept of "infinity" is in math. No scientist likes the solution to be an "infinity." It might as well be a wrong answer. It is unuseful. So it is with your: "up one side and down the other;" unuseful.

Why is the Occupation still under containment? Or is it a matter of preconditions set by the Hostile Arab Palestinians?

Most Respectfully,
R
The rules of occupation have a list of obligations and restrictions for the occupying power. Which ones do Israel not violate?

P F Tinmore, et al,

I never said that the Palestinians "have the same rights." And I never said that Israel "prevented (the Arab Palestinians) from exercising their sovereignty."

That since the Palestinians never had a sovereign state, the Palestinians have no rights. That is just one of Israel's bullshit talking points. People have the same rights even if they are prevented from exercising their sovereignty.
(COMMENT)

You cannot have it both ways.

• If the Arab Palestinians have the "right" to enter into an agreement under the convention, then they must abide by the agreement.

If the Arab Palestinians were competent to enter into the agreement, then Area "C" is under the full control of the Israelis by Palestinian consent.
• If the Arab Palestinians are not bound by the "agreement," then they are not competent to be a state.
What's it going to be?

Most Respectfully.
R

Forum List

Back